New Vigo Or Fortuner

Hello All,

I am looking at buying a new car for the family in the next 6-12 months. I like the Fortuner but there are thousands of them here in Phuket, and I don't want to buy one, and then toyota bring out a new version 6 months later.

So my question is does anybody know when Toyota are going to replace the current Vigo/Fortuner models. I don't just mean updating the shape, but a whole new car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Most cars these days have an average life-span of about 6 - 7 years. Based on that i'd say the Fortuner will be due for replacement about 2010. I'd be very surprised if it lasts beyond then. To be honest it looks a bit long in the tooth now, even after its face-lift.

Buy a car and forget pick-ups and pick-up based 'SUVs'.

Cars are far more pleasurable to drive, unless of course you live on a farm where 4wd and clearance is needed.

The interior is a bit outdated though..

The current Vigo/Fortuner interior is straight out of an early 1990's Lexus. Exactly the same.

Of all the Suv's built in Thailand i still find that the Fortuner looks better then the Pajero sport, Outlander, Mu7 and the everest..

You forgot the Captiva. I think that's the most stylish, but i can understand why given the choice people still go for the Toyota badge. As for the Pajero - yes, couldn't agree more - what a disappointing vehicle - i think we all had such high hopes too.