Nonstop Usa-bangkok

jimmybcool

I know I saw advertising for a nonstop flight between LAX and BKK on Thai airways a while back. I thought I remembered it was going to start in January. My understanding was the new Airbus allowed them the range to make the flight.

Now I can find no reference to it. Is the Airbus unable to cover that range or has Thai Air decided it isn't economically feasible?

Anyone knows pipe up. I'd fly any airline that made it a non-stop versus the extra 4-5 hours a stop halfway costs.

Thanks

You can book the non-stop flight already. This confirms the airbus is definately on its way. I got the flight details below from zuji.com.au

Flight: Thai Airways Intl Ltd flight 790 on an Airbus Jet

Depart: Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) May01 at 12:40am

Arrive: New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK) May01 at 6:35am

Travel time: 16 hours and 55 minutes

You can book the non-stop flight already. This confirms the airbus is definately on its way. I got the flight details below from zuji.com.au

Flight:  Thai Airways Intl Ltd flight 790 on an Airbus Jet

Depart:  Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)  May01 at 12:40am

Arrive:  New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK)    May01 at 6:35am

Travel time:  16 hours and 55 minutes

Thanks. NY is kinda far for me so I'll probably wait for the LAX flight. Then of course it depends on pricing.

Great Route but Thai Airways is prob most expensive airline coming from America.  :o

Too true. I make 3 trips a year and can not sit in economy. I NEED more room or I'll be arrested for losing my mind on the flight.

Currently I fly EVA. Their Evergreen Deluxe class is just bearable. Biz class is great but their prices are sneaking up too. Their websight STILL has a promotion rate of $1888 biz class US to BKK. Only problem is you needed to buy the tickets before November 1. Wonder if they'll ever take that down.

If Thai offered Biz class from LAX to BKK (roundtrip) for anything near $2000 US I'd be all over it. ######, even $2500 might be OK for the non-stop. ttempting to cut that 2-3 hours switchover out of the trip.

Flight:  Thai Airways Intl Ltd flight 790 on an Airbus Jet

Depart:  Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)  May01 at 12:40am

Arrive:  New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK)    May01 at 6:35am

Travel time:  16 hours and 55 minutes

The thought of 17 hours on a THAI plane does not fill me with enhusiasm. :o

Great Route but Thai Airways is prob most expensive airline coming from America.  :o

Too true. I make 3 trips a year and can not sit in economy. I NEED more room or I'll be arrested for losing my mind on the flight.

Currently I fly EVA. Their Evergreen Deluxe class is just bearable. Biz class is great but their prices are sneaking up too. Their websight STILL has a promotion rate of $1888 biz class US to BKK. Only problem is you needed to buy the tickets before November 1. Wonder if they'll ever take that down.

If Thai offered Biz class from LAX to BKK (roundtrip) for anything near $2000 US I'd be all over it. ######, even $2500 might be OK for the non-stop. ttempting to cut that 2-3 hours switchover out of the trip.

I'll take the JAL SFO/TKY/BKK round trip for $850.00 anyday. I'm a cheap, thin basterd. :D

There's always the option of a hop to Singapore and catching the A345 service from there. The review I read of the SIN-LAX flight says they have limited the seating allowing plenty of legroom even in economy. I might plan my next hop to ride the 340-500.. even if it means flying *cringe* Air Canada.

cv