Recent Dining Experiences - Reviews

cochran

Not been yet but this is for indian food lovers.There is a new one(to my knowledge anyway) on the estate that KPK is on.The easiest way is walk/drive in fromthe 3rd entrance and its on your left as you walk around.Frome the Carefour side its on the right,about 150m from KPK.Anybody tried,let me know,it looks a big place too.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michaelaway: Pasta night not set in concrete yet but at this point Baht 245 as much as you can eat

Three Course special Baht 255 (Monday - Sunday)

245 for a plate of spaghetti? Yikes! That's like 100 more than that very authentic Italian place on Thrapphraya rd. (keep forgetting the name). Of course they're not "all you can eat" but they're pretty generous helpings, not much chance I'd have more than that.

Edited by Phil Conners

We went to a sushi buffet in Central Mall today and was blown away at the value for money! All you can eat sushi and shabu hotpot, cooked foods too like gyoza dumplings, prawn tempura etc, free soft drinks and there's even ice cream all for B239++.

Never been to a buffet like that before so I was really impressed, the food was great too. In a regular sushi restaurant one plate of sushi is usually about B150 to B200. We also got a plate full of salmon sashimi for B49. I don't need to eat again today!

Restaurant name is Shabushi on 6th floor Central mall. It was packed but worth being slightly uncomfortable for all that food.

Spices 2 - the original one is on Beach Road. I live in that estate but have not been in for a meal yet.

If its anything like Spices on beach Rd I really wouldn't bother. The problem with UK style curries here in Pattaya as described to me by an Indian Restaurant owner here, is that the cooks here are Indian or Indian trained and in the UK they are Bangladeshi or Pakistani, different styles and flavours.

Spices 2 - the original one is on Beach Road. I live in that estate but have not been in for a meal yet.

If its anything like Spices on beach Rd I really wouldn't bother. The problem with UK style curries here in Pattaya as described to me by an Indian Restaurant owner here, is that the cooks here are Indian or Indian trained and in the UK they are Bangladeshi or Pakistani, different styles and flavours.

Should be good then.

I refuse to eat Indian food in England anymore after spending time in India and tasting the real thing.

Trouble here is that the Indian cooks think it is going to be too spicy for you and make the dishes really bland, even when you tell them you want it normal like they would eat it.

Have to agree about Shennaigans Jomtien....Yuk! cooked chicken bloody in the middle in more than one piece.Group of 4 of us , all agreed last time.

I enjoyed 18 coins in Soi Boukhao , had Bangers & Mash , Wife had Roast Pork....went back yesterday I had Roast Beef , Wife had Roast Lamb.Great both times...barely able to finish , very generous portions.

Just off North Pattaya Road, a little Thai family place called RELAX, near the Golf Range , don't know the little street name been back there a few times , good for Thai & Western , simple & well done.

" My Way " a Dutch / Indonesian / Thai menu near Soi Diana , Second Road...Fabulous.

Bobs , OK ,but disappointed , might have over expected

Ribs at Tequila Reef ..Not bad at all.

Have been told the Chicken Tikka Marsala at the Butchers Arms is great , haven't got thee yet.

:)

wherabouts is 18 coins please in the soi i mean thanks

neeroys in chaiyapoon last night-----------poppadoms running with oil on top

tikka chicken too much red colouring----------not healthy

tv vol set too high on thai channel---------just what a farang wants when trying to eat above stuff

Michaelaway: Pasta night not set in concrete yet but at this point Baht 245 as much as you can eat

245 for a plate of spaghetti? Yikes! That's like 100 more than that very authentic Italian place on Thrapphraya rd. (keep forgetting the name). Of course they're not "all you can eat" but they're pretty generous helpings, not much chance I'd have more than that.

I concur...the pasta dishes at that Italian place in Walking Street charges less and again, this is Walking Street and the food in there is really good.

• 2 weeks later...
I jumped in to this topic way late and have not read all but a friend said this place is good. On the darkside. Anyone?

Ticino

I think you rather meant Ticino; search for it by googling Ticino Pattaya as I cannot post an URL here.

I am there very regularly and apart from an excellent choice of food, nice service the setting in this tropical garden with the various cabanas is second to none. And they changed the lamps (no more blue lamps) and ever since the mosquitos are a thing of the past as well. Opens daily except Tuesdays for dinner. Wednesday it's Pasta night, Thursdays they do Pizzas and Sundays it is six different, authentic Risottos. Those special nights they knock-off 20% from their regular pricing and it seems to work.

See you around there - Syde!

• Like 1

I refuse to eat Indian food in England anymore after spending time in India and tasting the real thing.

Trouble here is that the Indian cooks think it is going to be too spicy for you and make the dishes really bland, even when you tell them you want it normal like they would eat it.

After spending years in India I refuse to eat ANYTHING Indian,be it there or anywhere else.

My Indian neighbour reports Spices as being the best Indian restuarant in Pattaya.

I concur...the pasta dishes at that Italian place in Walking Street charges less and again, this is Walking Street and the food in there is really good.

OK maybe you will go for the special: Pork ribs in BBQ sauce with baked potato and corn on the cob - as much as you can eat - Baht 295. This is on for the month of May

• 3 months later...

My reviews can never be as good as Cochrane's but I have been very happy to dine at the OPAL restaurant; location is on the corner of Soi 7 and Beach Road in Jomtien.

Their Dim Sum is excellent; priced at just 70 baht and their seafood dishes are excellent. The service is good (daytime 4-7pm) and I have been quite a few times in the last few weeks, so it is consistent. It is not meant to be a highbrow restaurant but I am very happy with the food there.

So many times I have walked past and not given it a try, I wish I had dined their sooner.

(I have no connection with this place, or the Bowling Green or Crazy Dave's so no sarcastic comments please, this is just my views on a good eating place in Jomtien).

Edited by syd barrett

We went to a sushi buffet in Central Mall today and was blown away at the value for money! All you can eat sushi and shabu hotpot, cooked foods too like gyoza dumplings, prawn tempura etc, free soft drinks and there's even ice cream all for B239++.

Never been to a buffet like that before so I was really impressed, the food was great too. In a regular sushi restaurant one plate of sushi is usually about B150 to B200. We also got a plate full of salmon sashimi for B49. I don't need to eat again today!

Restaurant name is Shabushi on 6th floor Central mall. It was packed but worth being slightly uncomfortable for all that food.

:o plus 17%:(

• 1 year later...

I'm bumping this up to see if there are any recent experiences. Hopefully, not Mexican related! wink.png

(sorry Craig)

so i went to this restaurant in Jomtien

it was called Sunrise Tacos, it was ............

(insert any recent posts from Jingthing)

and that was that............

I'm bumping this up to see if there are any recent experiences. Hopefully, not Mexican related! wink.png

(sorry Craig)

so i went to this restaurant in Jomtien

it was called Sunrise Tacos, it was ............

(insert any recent posts from Jingthing)

and that was that............

Though an interesting thread, this is what I was trying to avoid. HA! We have enough threads about Mexican food right now. I'm looking for alternatives.

But thanks for the help anyway! laugh.png

I recently tried El Bacco in Jomtien by the Hanuman roundabout. It was very tasty and I would definitely return. I had the calzone and some gnocchi with Gorgonzola which hit the spot just right. The calzones are huge and going back next time I would probably just get one of them. I do believe they are only open after 5pm. Beware of the ++ pricing..

Also I tried Indian Touch-1 in S Pattaya across from Nova Platinum and found the curry very nice and fair priced. The Dosa was very nice as well.

Edited by Jayman

Wifey and I have been looking for a good Indian restaurant. Thanks for the recommendation!

Has anybody tried Ticino on the dark side? Setting looks great.

i have been there a few times Craig.

the setting is nice but i hate the plastic chairs and the mossies

otherwise the food and service is first class

Wifey and I have been looking for a good Indian restaurant. Thanks for the recommendation!

Mossies was my initial concern also. The pics look great. Guess we'll just have to wear long pants (ugh!). Thx!!

Mossies was my initial concern also. The pics look great. Guess we'll just have to wear long pants (ugh!). Thx!!

Been there twice a long time ago when they were still at their former location (50 meters from where they are now).

Was very disappointed and haven't been since, but regularly hear good things about it.

Anyway my favourite restaurant is " Au Bon Coin" on Pratumnak hill, very good French food bistrot style.

But then again I love anything really French.

Yermaneejap.gif