Warning To Home Owners In Hua Hin

Deadcert

Would just like to warn other home owners in the Hua Hin area that there are men claimimg to be from the gas/electrical companies and in my case from Index Furniture who offer a plausible pretext to enter your house and if left unattended will surteal from you.

In my case the man was alone arrived on a scooter and claimed that he was from Index and that he had come to service the furniture. This all turned out to be a lie and because I was momentarily destracted he managed to steal 8000 bht from my aunts purse.

Please be on your guard guys and do not be a prat like me, ask any strangers to show id or don't let them have access to the house.

The crime was reported to the police who said that this was occuring in the area.

service the furniture.

??

:o

I know I feel really stupid, although I would point out that the furniture like Ikeas is assembled by them and as such a few bits were loose and a bit was missing and I had informed Index of this, so a guy saying he was from Index was not a big suprise, what happened was.

Anyway I know there is a funny side to this but I hope people take the warning seriously.

It's a good warning...

I've lived in the North, South, and Bkk, and in each place there were roving thieves acting in 'official' capacities... The most prolific of those, in my experience, are the 'shit trucks' that come around asking if you need your septic tank pumped out, offering a free inspection, but also simply looking for empty houses... One neighbor hired one of these crews, and while working, one guy casually asked to use the bathroom, where he then removed the screws on the kamoy bars.... He returned the next day when the house was empty and robbed it...

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update everyone.

The Police caught the guy responsible, although cash and watch has long gone. It turned out that he had hit many more houses in the Hua Hin area, mostly foriegners married to Thais. (Not the case for me) He claimed to be from UBC in most cases.

A very interesting situation arose at the ploice station when a Thai Lady claimiming to be his Aunt tried to post bail. She claimed to have enough money to do this and it turns out she is married to a forienger! This has lead several people to believe that it is more organised than previosly thought.

Anyway I hope the guy has a really bad time behind bars. At least I can be the one with a smile on my face now!

:D:o

It's a good warning...

I've lived in the North, South, and Bkk, and in each place there were roving thieves acting in 'official' capacities... The most prolific of those, in my experience, are the 'shit trucks' that come around asking if you need your septic tank pumped out, offering a free inspection, but also simply looking for empty houses... One neighbor hired one of these crews, and while working, one guy casually asked to use the bathroom, where he then removed the screws on the kamoy bars.... He returned the next day when the house was empty and robbed it...