Rain Soon In Cm Fingers Crossed

sendbaht

3:00 AM the Doi Kham and Wat Pong Noi area had a thunderstorm park overhead for about an hour. Dozens of huge strokes and immediate thunder. Was very very loud. Temperature here right now is 22 degrees C. Nice relief from the past week.

11am Sunday in Hang Dong and the rain just easing but its been raining all night with no wind. On the strength of the weather forecast which said very little chance of rain I went out and bought an air con so am claiming all credit for hours of lovely rain.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree.  At Doi Kam, fresh herbs like Thyme, Basils only 10 bahts a box.  Good size bag of Tomato also only 10 bahts.

Lychee and Mango are in season too. 

I hope that it keeps up until September. Besides the great fruit, I do not have much use for hot season.

sendbaht..... Hey, did you think you would get the last word on this thread? Okay, you still might! Over 4000 views, 189 posts about........ rain! I guess expats are really a lot like farmers.

We have an outbreak of bugs and frogs after the deluge two days ago. Seems like each frog species is trying to out-croak the others once the sun is below the horizon. Tree frogs on the windows in the morning and toads on the terrace.

Wah..its gone from beautiful to a tad scary. I hope everyone has things buttoned down.

Rolling thunder, strong winds near Hang Dong. Thunder loud enough that our Golden Retriever opened the door and made himself comfortable next to my computer desk. :)

Agree.  At Doi Kam, fresh herbs like Thyme, Basils only 10 bahts a box.  Good size bag of Tomato also only 10 bahts.

Lychee and Mango are in season too. 

Maccheroncini, Where exactly is this market at Doi Kham, and what are the hours. I've seen one very small covered area opposite the Ratchapruek Gardens, but it seems to be a wholesale market only.

Where exactly is this market at Doi Kham, and what are the hours.

It's here:

post-64232-1241059674_thumb.png

And it's a shop, not a market. Doi Kham is a brand for Royal Product stuff. No relation to the mountain & temple of the same name in the Mae Hia area past the Royal Flora.

Hours are 8am to .... I dunno, 6pm or something. Open every day.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody else getting many of the brown-winged side effects from last night's rain? The gecko population at my house is feasting upon the annual buffet! :)

We're getting them by the millions. They are everywhere in Chiang Mai it seems. They make a hel_l of a mess! The tookay are even coming down off the roof onto the windows to feast. There are toads everywhere in the moobaan.