Loan Sharks In Thailand

braindead

I need someone to get a loan for 2 weeks approx 80k baht to pay for my purchase of a plot of land. As i have wired some funds in from Hong Kong has gone stuck in some rubbish holding bank of the Bangkok Bank and the banks are giving me a hard time delaying my access to MY money.

Its fustrating as my deposit will be forfeited if i fail to produce the full amount . I am willing to pay intrest up to 10% of the full loan amount.

I need to know if there are any avenues available in bangkok i can get access to the funds. I own a condo and a car but the banks are not willing to give short term loans plus the processing time is too long for me. I do have pay slips from my company which proves i have an income of more than 120K Baht / mth.

Anyone know where i can get such a loan .

Thanks for replies

I need someone to get a loan for 2 weeks approx 80k baht to pay for my purchase of a plot of land. As i have wired some funds in from Hong Kong has gone stuck in some rubbish holding bank of the Bangkok Bank and the banks are giving me a hard time delaying my access to MY money.

Its fustrating as my deposit will be forfeited if i fail to produce the full amount . I am willing to pay intrest up to 10% of the full loan amount.

I need to know if there are any avenues available in bangkok i can get access to the funds. I own a condo and a car but the banks are not willing to give short term loans plus the processing time is too long for me. I do have pay slips from my company which proves i have an income of more than 120K Baht / mth.

Anyone know where i can get such a loan .

Thanks for replies

yeah...nice try ...mate. :o

If the situation is true, then you can obtain a bridge loan from the transacting bank. After all, the funds are technically in the bank's hands already. No risk loan especially if the land is also taken as collateral.

If you cannot get the funds from the bank, you're right, only a loan shark with his extortionist rate would consider the loan. Anyone with a functioning brain cell is going to get as far away from you as possible.

This is a Thai beer stool adventure in the making.

So who can lend me a couple of grand then? I fancy getting pissed tonight.

Sterling or Baht?

depends where he wants to get pissed.

serioulsy though, unable to come up with 80k baht?

that is an overnight transfer i have done it frequently in the past.

barring that what of credit cards, freinds or employer?

loanshark out of the question.

if you ar struggling with the deposit perhaps you should reconsider the purchase.

Edited by t.s

I am making this purchase of the land as part of my dowry for my wife's parents.

Kindly note i am not asking for a loan from any forumers here. I just need to know if there are any avenues i can go with to get 80K as i cannot get access to my funds.

My payment due is on Monday 16th March as if i cannot come up with the money my deposit of 200k baht is forfeited.

Reason i did not approach my families back home is the bank wire is 2 working days in Hongkong and its the weekends now and i need the money on monday. I cannot get an advance cash from my company as the accounts department who deals with finances is in Hongkong we are just a sub-branch here which over-sees the running operations here.

Anyway its just rubbish the bank holds up my money without any reason.

Pawning seems like a good idea but i cant negotiate with those Thais in the pawn shop.

Anyway thanks for the replies

Reading the post you guys replied was just amazing. I am not ask u guys for a loan or scamming anyone here.

I just thought u guys might know someone or an establishment other than a bank i can get a short term loan.

Well thanks for your time i guess.

Hi :o

Don't worry, braindead, that's how THEY are :D Reading is an art which not everyone knows how to perform, maybe i was the only one who read that first post (even the headline) correctly....

Sadly i can't help with the money because i am one of those who would have problems with organizing 80k however a hint: If you own a car which is no older than 8 years and fully paid (i.e. not still in finance) then you can get a cash loan at many banks, for example at the U.O.B. at the On Nut BTS station (my boyfriend tried there once but our car was too old). Bring along the blue book of the car, your WP and passport (both required if you, a foreigner, apply), bank statement and salary slips and go there EARLY. Arrive before 12 and you can expect approval (or denial) before 4 pm same day.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Now I've seen everything! Thai Visa needs a separate thread for this topic. I visualize a few drink guys sitting in the bar at 2:00 AM that bet they could get some idiot to bite on a request for funds simple by using an internet enabled mobile telephone. What fun they are having.

Good one!

The one who sends the most money wins the name "Braindead".

Edited by grantbkk

I would be happy to loan you the money as long as you are willing to put up your car and condo as collateral and providing they are worth 10 times the amount of the loan. My wife deals with collateral and loans LEGALLY I would like to add. PM me if your interested.

I am making this purchase of the land as part of my dowry for my wife's parents.

Kindly note i am not asking for a loan from any forumers here. I just need to know if there are any avenues i can go with to get 80K as i cannot get access to my funds.

My payment due is on Monday 16th March as if i cannot come up with the money my deposit of 200k baht is forfeited.

Reason i did not approach my families back home is the bank wire is 2 working days in Hongkong and its the weekends now and i need the money on monday. I cannot get an advance cash from my company as the accounts department who deals with finances is in Hongkong we are just a sub-branch here which over-sees the running operations here.

Anyway its just rubbish the bank holds up my money without any reason.

Pawning seems like a good idea but i cant negotiate with those Thais in the pawn shop.

Anyway thanks for the replies

Dowry???

Mate, if her parents are making you PAY for your wife...You are being robbed

Jesus H Christ...if have heard everything now :o

If you've known your lady long enough to be planning marriage, have you bought her any gold? Do the family have any gold? If so this is readily convertable to cash and can be redeemed later.

Don't you have an ATM or Credit card?

You actually have no way to access cash in an emergency?

Have you discussed this with the family? They should know how to contact a moneylender and borrow this money as long as there is some land deed or maybe your vehicle as collateral.

Is there some sort of written contract re the land purchase, or just a receipt for the deposit ? (200,000 is a high deposit on a 280,000 plot). I don't claim to know much about Thai law, but I cannot comprehend that a deposit of this size would be forfeited. If you cannot raise the cash, talk to the vendor, you may get an extension. If they are not willing and want to keep the deposit, discuss your options with a lawyer immediately.

Thanks for the replies.

Just went to the bank retrieve my money back from Bangkok Bank. Apparently their Holding branch is not the same as the other branches where they can call the shots. Spent the whole morning there least got my money.

I sincerely thank those who wanted to help and pm me those information.

Take care & God Bless

No problem - money lenders are thick & fast on the ground when it comes to property - its all very standardised and nothing loan shark about it: the loan is written up on a form (a standard form obtainable from lots of staionary shops, book shops).

It has nothing to do with been Thai or ex-pat - anyone can enter into the loan agreement.

You'll almost certainly have to hand over the property papers as security till you pay back.

I'm pretty sure that 10% will be an aceptable interest rate for the lender over a short period such as this, but that is realy up to what you agree with them.

Anyhow, the point is - its starightforward, uncomplicated and perfectly safe - I went through it many times myself in the '80's and early 90's while getting on my feet, and never had a problem.