What Cheap Flights

allyoops

i read somewhere on the forum ,not long ago, that thai airways was going to reduce fairs to attract tourists.

was looking on webjet for flights from perth to london (i like to stop off for a few days or more each way).and thai airways were way down the list with just about every other major airline cheaper .also noticed the taxes were quite high.the price varied a bit day by day,but for instance the first dates i looked at (end of may)both cathay and malaysian were over $14000 cheaper than thai ,on other days the difference was about $700 but still significant.all this and the thai airways planes are outdated as far as entertainment goes.

looks like a trip via kl or hongkong ,with an added airasia flight may be the best way.

or maybe just miss out thailand on this occasion because thai airways is just too expensive.

anybody with any other suggestions please feel free.

Emirates also have flights from Aus that stop in Bkk

On their website go to advance search and book bkk as a stopover

You might get more response if this was in the travel section

Edited by machlad

attracting tourists to revive thai economy means they DO offer cheaper seats/fares, but thats TO Thailand from abroad. I saw a big lot of them screaming for attention when I was in Malaysia last week.

The same goes for about any ''national pride'' airline: even BA in the Uk and QF in OZ charges far more for a same-distance return FROm their homebase as TO their homebase. You dont need big brains to be able to think of that all by yourself

thanks asanee for that smart arse answer.

just for your information a return flight from ozz to uk involves 2 inward flights to thailand .that is of course you can afford to pay the fare .the point i was making it is much cheaper to go via hongkong and malaysia for instance.