Any Disco Bars In Samui

Hey Everyone, I have just arrived in Thailand after spending 2 years in Korea teaching English. This place (Koh Samui) is AWESOME and hope to make it my home for the next three months until I decide on the next exciting chapter of my life.

As you might have noticed from my name title, I am a DISCO FANATIC. Unfortunately Disco is not really that popular in Asia, even more so these days.

Are there any bars that play Disco? I am in Lamai. I have hundreds of 70's disco hits on my Ipod, so if music is a problem, would be more than happy to provide some.

Anyway hope to be strutting my stuff on the dance floor real soon.

Disco

Welcome Disco

Great Avatar you have there.

You wont find any bars playing disco, but there is a singing duo, Ovada, that play in Lamai and they throw out a few disco hits now and then. Not sure the name of the bar they play at, but someone might know here.

Welcome Disco

You wont find any bars playing disco, but there is a singing duo, Ovada, that play in Lamai and they throw out a few disco hits now and then. Not sure the name of the bar they play at, but someone might know here.

Thank you McLovin. It is not an avatar though, it is a Groovatar. I look forward to seeing Ovada.

rolling stones play some ' Disco Music ' but that is about it

try heading into chewang, there is more to offer there.

cheers

Chaweng might be the place to look then. Thanks.

Edited by DiscoSamui

Hey Everyone, I have just arrived in Thailand after spending 2 years in Korea teaching English. This place (Koh Samui) is AWESOME and hope to make it my home for the next three months until I decide on the next exciting chapter of my life.

As you might have noticed from my name title, I am a DISCO FANATIC. Unfortunately Disco is not really that popular in Asia, even more so these days.

Are there any bars that play Disco? I am in Lamai. I have hundreds of 70's disco hits on my Ipod, so if music is a problem, would be more than happy to provide some.

Anyway hope to be strutting my stuff on the dance floor real soon.

Disco

get yaself in tilacs bar...soi green mango....disco fever

Welcome Disco

ovada play at shamrock in lamai & tropical murphys in chaweng - can't say I've heard them playing any disco toons though. :o

tbh ovada make me want to vom. they've been playing around samui for as long as I remember - to describe their show as 'cheesy as <deleted>' would be an understatement.

whatever floats your boat.

Don't know and don"t think, that they play disco somewhere around here. But if you can find a place, let us know. But without a disco playing Disco, Disco is not perfect anyway. It's not the music alone, that makes the magic. It's also the place, lights, people...

At Legends they play 70es and 80es music. But more or less only mainstream Rock, which is nice too.

Can anyone remember the name of a band in Lamai that used to end the show playing with bottles on thair heads. Female lead, I saw them in Siam bar (closed) and a couple of years later in Bauhous (also gone) I wonder how many other bars they've sent to the wall. :o

Hi Krading...yeah your right , I hadnt noticed he called them a duo.

There are three men and two girls and are great performers. If you have never heard them sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" then rquest it next time you see them. Fantastic.

HL :o

Welcome Disco

ovada play at shamrock in lamai & tropical murphys in chaweng - can't say I've heard them playing any disco toons though. :o

tbh ovada make me want to vom. they've been playing around samui for as long as I remember - to describe their show as 'cheesy as <deleted>' would be an understatement.

whatever floats your boat.

there is a chance someone with a groovatar might enjoy cheesy as <deleted>

Can anyone remember the name of a band in Lamai that used to end the show playing with bottles on thair heads. Female lead, I saw them in Siam bar (closed) and a couple of years later in Bauhous (also gone) I wonder how many other bars they've sent to the wall. :o

They have gone to Singapore to play. Also forget the name, They were a Philipin band, Spend to many nights drunk in there. Oh how I don't miss Samui

hahaha you must have been drunk....that was about four years ago when they went to Singapore....they have been back playing in Samui for two years now.

Not sure HL, but I think they have gone back to Singapore & another band playing there now.

Ok Rooo I didnt know that...last time I was there in Lamai was in January, and they were definately still there then.

When they played in Singapore last time I went there on a visa run and saw them play. Completely different, no rock and very little western stuff because it is a completely different audience over there.

It just shows though how good they are to be so versatile and be able to change styles at a whim.

Hey DiscoSamui

if all else fails, you could open your own Disco Bar??? ......

no joke intended ! ....

Thought the same, but I think there are not too many fans here, who would come only for Disco music and ambience.

Hey DiscoSamui

if all else fails, you could open your own Disco Bar??? ......

no joke intended ! ....

Thought the same, but I think there are not too many fans here, who would come only for Disco music and ambience.

i am not to sure, there seems to be an increase in the 30 - 50 range who love this music

when i used to work in Tenerife, the 70 - 80 bars where actually busier then the youth bars !

trouble with samui is all the bars are the same, a different themed bar might just work ! ....

would work far better in Chaweng mate......

may soi calbri ? opposite centara, they have many cheap good sized units there

lamai is DEAD, and the only people there are expats who just booze all day

id say soi collibri is deader than lamai...bad move investing there....

Only change of success would be at an easy to reach location for your mean audience, 40-60 year old tourist couples. That would be on North Chaweng in the area of The Islander directly on the Beach Road. Not in the back and not next to beer bars.

There were at least 3 failed similar projects some years ago. One of that was a dancing hall for elder tourists, the second a disco with a stage and different music styles from that time and the third a bigger Rock hall with a stage. An excellent band played almost every night there, but it was always empty. All 3 were between the Laem Din junction and Soi Colibri.