Earthquakes In Thailand?

AmeriThai

We just spoke to our daughter and son-in-law in Thailand who told us at least 49 provinces have felt strong aftershocks today related to the Indonesian quake. I have no idea which provinces felt the quake, but of particular interest to us were Saraburi and Bangkok. Does anyone have any more info about what's going on?

:o

Best regards,

- AmeriThai

Report from Bangkok

My dog was barking mad at 07.15 but i didn't feel anything. Maybe other members in higher level buildings might have felt something.

Explorer  :o

Thank you for your reply Explorer.

We've seen no reports of of the temors, although we've heard some of the newspapers and TV stations have mentioned it. Our daughter was a little jittery about it, probably because of thoughts about the Indonesian quake. She and other relatives felt it and had a nervous moment.

We had a house built a few kilometers north of Nong Khae in the province of Saraburi, and frankly, I'm not actually certain just how stable the soil base is there. But then Bangkok isn't exactly on the most stable ground either. I imagine anyone feeling it in any of the highrises probably had a moment of anxiety.

Best regards,

- AmeriThai