Apartment Near Bangkok University

Darky

I'm starting with my MBA at Bangkok University this year. So I would like to know if anybody could recommend an apartment or serviced apartment. It should cost max. 12-15000. Maybe somebody knows a shared apartment with some farangs :D which would be slightly less expensive. The University is on Soi Bangkok University :o ( Rama IV/ Sukumvhit Soi 40)

http://www.bu.ac.th/english/visitor/map/path_city.php

Does somebody know anthing about these apartments I got the list from the University. http://www.bu.ac.th/english/academic/buic/arrival.php

Thanks for your Help

I'm starting with my MBA at Bangkok University this year. So I would like to know if anybody could recommend an apartment or serviced apartment. It should cost max. 12-15000. Maybe somebody knows a shared apartment with some farangs  :D  which would be slightly  less expensive. The University is on Soi Bangkok University  :o  ( Rama IV/ Sukumvhit Soi 40)
Many students and postgraduates are staying at http://www.bosstower.com/

I'm starting with my MBA at Bangkok University this year. So I would like to know if anybody could recommend an apartment or serviced apartment. It should cost max. 12-15000. Maybe somebody knows a shared apartment with some farangs  :D  which would be slightly  less expensive. The University is on Soi Bangkok University  :o  ( Rama IV/ Sukumvhit Soi 40)
Many students and postgraduates are staying at http://www.bosstower.com/

So can anyone tell me more about Boss Tower?? Are there special rates for students. What about the rooms. Has anybody pictures of them?? What is included in the rates and what ist the outfit of the rooms?? Like fridge, safe etc.

I send an email to boss tower, but they didn't respond until now.

Maybe somebody studies at Bangkok so they can help me.

So can anyone tell me more about Boss Tower?? Are there special rates for students. What about the rooms. Has anybody pictures of them?? What is included in the rates and what ist the outfit of the rooms?? Like fridge, safe etc.
The website has pics, take a look. And sorry, no discount for students. Rooms are okay but no safe and the likes...

post-11840-1107344659_thumb.jpgpost-11840-1107344659_thumb.jpgRoom available on Sukhumvit 53, walk to BTS Thonglor. Near Bangkok University. Shared Townhouse, located on second floor 60 sqms.room with private entrance to 2 rooms. In this unit, there are 2 rooms, first room is already furnished as a bedroom with 1 king size bed with mattress, buildin closet, shelf, desk, 1 refrigerator, 2 air cons, 1 cable box and water heater. 18,000 Bahts per month. please call 018403203

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I checked out bosstower last year. It's got some really great views, although on one side a new tower is going up which is going to really annoy them. You better not have fear of heights because some of the rooms are very high indeed.

The room I checked out was the lowest in price, which came to more than the price of some of the better apartments a bit further away. I think they charge alot for the general ambience of the place, and they have compulsory maid charges (or they did when I went) which you get charged if you want the maid every day or not (so to speak).

I decided against the place because 1) It was too expensive when compared to other places that in many examples are in better locations 2) It was very new and nobody had alot to say about it 3) The room was uninspiring and rather depressing in all browns and greys, despite its beautiful view.

At any rate, definitely look at it before making your decision. The staff were very helpful and offering to show many different rooms.

Will.

post-11840-1107344659_thumb.jpgpost-11840-1107344659_thumb.jpgRoom available on Sukhumvit 53, walk to BTS Thonglor. Near Bangkok University. Shared Townhouse, located on second floor  60 sqms.room with private entrance to 2 rooms. In this unit, there are 2 rooms, first room is already furnished as a bedroom with 1 king size bed with mattress, buildin closet, shelf, desk, 1 refrigerator, 2 air cons, 1 cable box and water heater. 18,000 Bahts per month. please call 018403203

that is extortion

Hi,

I checked out bosstower last year. It's got some really great views, although on one side a new tower is going up which is going to really annoy them. You better not have fear of heights because some of the rooms are very high indeed.

The room I checked out was the lowest in price, which came to more than the price of some of the better apartments a bit further away. I think they charge alot for the general ambience of the place, and they have compulsory maid charges (or they did when I went) which you get charged if you want the maid every day or not (so to speak).

I decided against the place because 1) It was too expensive when compared to other places that in many examples are in better locations 2) It was very new and nobody had alot to say about it 3) The room was uninspiring and rather depressing in all browns and greys, despite its beautiful view.

At any rate, definitely look at it before making your decision. The staff were very helpful and offering to show many different rooms.

Will.

OxfordWill, I completely agree with you. One month at Boss Tower was enough for me. That place is over priced, though it's an easy place for foreigner to land in. There's so many better deals around BU, Kluay Nam Tai. That is, if one prefers to live at that area,,, I've chosen nicer neighborhood farther away from BU.

• 1 month later...

I guess my question to you is why are you going to Bangkok University for your MBA? Honestly, the school is not that great (I went there for some undergraduate and graduate courses). You should consider going to a school with a better reputation unless you plan to stay in Bangkok for a long time. Then, doing your MBA in Bangkok would help you. Otherwise, look overseas for an MBA program. And forget about those Western MBA programs in Thailand (Websters, etc)...reputation does matter.