Swimming Pool

Thetyim

I am tired of tipping chemicals into my swimming pool and want to change to an ionization system

I have been offered a great deal on Water Ionizers if I order three systems.

Anyone here about to build a pool or want to install a copper/silver/zinc ionizer at a greatly reduced price.

Salt water systems are great, but a few precautions you need to be aware of.

1. you need a fairly large capacity : sun (i presume it is an open air) dissolves quite a lot of the free hypchloride produced by the system. So does high temperatures.

so does the unintended release from urine. ( this happens every time you jump into the water.

2. you need high capacity filters and pumps to recycle the water at a good rate.

3. the system releases H in the environment (Explosive;remember the Hindenburg). make sure thet adequate ventilation is taken care off.

4. Make sure you use highly purified salt. (can be expensive)

Once that is taken care off, it is really great. low mechanical maintenance, no smell, no skin effects, no burning eyes etc.

The initial outlay may be a little expensive, but hey think of all the joy!

I am tired of tipping chemicals into my swimming pool and want to change to an ionization system

Anyone here about to build a pool or want to install a copper/silver/zinc ionizer at a greatly reduced price.

I've heard that you often still need to use chlorine with these, too, but other's have said they didn't need any other chemicals...

I would like to hear your results first, Theptim, if nobody else steps up with real-life experience with these types of systems...

I wouldn't mind changing if it was clearly superior to what I'm doing now, which is adding one half tab of Tricholor every 2-3 days, and maybe a kilo of the ash stuff every couple of months to keep the Ph perfect. Never a problem, including no algae. I wonder how well these systems deal with algae...

• 2 years later...

I am building a pool now, a big 105,000 lt., what model, price, time-line for delivery, etc... ????

Thanks... Lincoln 0860952735 <snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Email address deleted - please see the Forum Rules