Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyhows, I've pencilled in me n Mrs to go to Warwick Thai festival on the 19th July.......ages away!

Me and the wife have got a wedding invite - 22nd July...... hoping she's going to be here by then! :)

My son gets married at the beginning of August which seemed a long way off, but then my daughter is expecting her second child this week and when we applied in March I told her we'd definitely be back for when she had the baby, after all it was three months away. Even August is looking close now. :D

Yeah you'l need lots of chillies and it aint eazy to find unripe green pappaya. well it aint eazy around here in north wales. Its all going yellow by the time it hits the shelves. Yeah come on you marchers. Us aprilers need you all done soon lol........ Good luck to you all :)

you can buy green papaya in Indian supermarket, it's cheaper then Chinese s/m.

Aaaaaaaaaaagh! The visa tracking page is not working.... Say's 'Service Unavailable'!!

Now what am I going to look at every hour for the rest of the day?

Same same. Perhaps it was never designed to have this much traffic (outstanding applications) hitting their systems.

Just got back From chang Mai. Visa's Granted and Flight Booked for Tue 23rd ALL On board For The UK.

Everybody Happy. Now we have to get sorted and packed up

Good Luck To All. No Refusals Thats good. It seems like a year since my first post Every week = 1 month

Thanks again To The OP Thusername.

Looks like this thread could run forever. It was a great comfort to know we were not Alone during the WAIT

:) Come on Chewy it should be your BIG Day.

Bye For now will look in and keep checking on progress.

Just got back From chang Mai. Visa's Granted and Flight Booked for Tue 23rd ALL On board For The UK.

Good Luck To All. No Refusals Thats good. It seems like a year since my first post Every week = 1 month

Looks like this thread could run forever. It was a great comfort to know we were not Alone during the WAIT

Best of luck to you and yours for the future! :D

Have a good trip and smooth re-entry - we're really chuffed for you!

:D

Congratulations, all the best to you both for the future, and keep in contact, don't forget the rest of us are STILL waiting. :D :D

Great stuff KnK. Safe journey and chock dee.

congrats ken n kate on your good news.

all the best for the future plans.

everone still waiting,i hope you all get some good news soon,just hang on in there chaps.

myself and mrs arrived back in london on monday,just trying to re adjust to life in blighty,after living in thai for 3 years,lol. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done Kennkate, now lets get the rest of the guys out of this mad house, list now updated

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/06 13 weeks 1 day

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD 10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/06/09 10 weeks

fluidfusion 27/3 (RTD 8/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3 (RTD 25/4 ?)

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4 (RTD 5/6)

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4 (RTD 16/6)

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 (RTD 02/5)

Kate46 (son) 08/4 (RTD 14/6)

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica (RTD 30/5)

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4 (RTD 24/5)

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5) - Granted 10/06/09 6 weeks

Castor83 (RTD 01/7)

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5 (RTD 01/7)

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Thanks to all for your good wishes.

Just looked at my wifes Passport and the date stamp Valid from. The 15th. June 2009 That was Sunday

EDIT No it was not it was Monday What A Plonker I was for posting that

Are they working Overtime to clear the Backlog ?? V.F.S informed us on the 17th By SMS See Edit Line 3.

All Mobile Phones Too Busy on Monday Chatting to the mates about the weekend to text People waiting for visa's.

The Visa Stamp will be put on automaticaly by machine.

Unless they are working the weekend the machine date is wrong ????

"No You Burk it was me who was Wrong".

Come on. Its horrible waiting to see movement even though we have ours, I feel the pain

Chewy Tomorrow. If we go to Lamphun I will ask the Lady for you OK Kate is 100% sure she did the trick.

Edited by kennkate

Just looked at my wifes Passport and the date stamp Valid from. The 15th. June 2009 That was Sunday

Are they working Overtime to clear the Backlog ?? V.F.S informed us on the 17th By SMS

All Mobile Phones Too Busy on Monday Chatting to the mates about the weekend to text People waiting for visa's.

Unless they are working the weekend the machine date is wrong ???? Who knows This is Thailand after all

Come on. Its horrible waiting to see movement even though we have ours, I feel the pain

Chewy Tomorrow. If we go to Lamphun I will ask the Lady for you OK Kate is 100% sure she did the trick.

Ken The 15th June was Monday according to my calender , and the 17th is today, not yesterday, you've still got your head in the clouds haven't you :):D :D

Congrats kenkate!!

The journey through imigration was a breeze took 30 seconds mind you we were lucky there were no ques!!

After all the waiting we get some breaks. Coming back there were big queues for us, but in BKK the guy on the Thai passport only stand stamped me out, and at Heathrow the UK only guy stamped us both in, so hardly any waiting after all. One tip though, have TB cert handy cos they will want to see that to go through the quick UK passports barrier.

Edited by gypsymoth

EDIT No it was not it was Monday What A Plonker I was for posting that

Are they working Overtime to clear the Backlog ?? V.F.S informed us on the 17th By SMS See Edit Line 3.

Unless they are working the weekend the machine date is wrong ????

"No You Burk it was me who was Wrong".

excellent result kennkate , have a great wife together where ever that will be, ANYBODY ELSE GOT ANY GOODNEWS????

Yeah you'l need lots of chillies and it aint eazy to find unripe green pappaya. well it aint eazy around here in north wales. Its all going yellow by the time it hits the shelves. Yeah come on you marchers. Us aprilers need you all done soon lol........ Good luck to you all :)

If you are trying to get Green Papaya try googling Raanthai mate. I am lucky in that it is only a mile or so from my house but you can orer it online for home delivery.

If you are near the M53 (other side of chester) then Raan thai is only just off Junction 3.

The stress must be getting to you guys. You have taken it off topic to buying Green Papaya and other Thai food :) .

I think there should be some more good news this week so don't let it get to you.

Go easy on the tracking page I think you all broke it yesterday. :D

Congratulations to those who have so far had success. I hope the wait isn't too long for the rest in the queue...

Just a quick question: How many waiting here have a joint child (Thai/Brit) who will also travel to the UK if the mother is granted a visa?

on Tuesday my mate called the embassy (actual embassy) and got through to the actual ECO who had the case on his desk, he needed more info on bank accounts cause the fax received about 3 weeks ago wans't clear (3 weeks ago!!!!!) but said once they had the new copies then a desicion would be give n in 2 days, so docs faxed for them to see wednesday morning, result should be heard tomorrow!? They will update me as soon as they hear but will have to travel from Samui to get the result so Monday will be the day they find out.

on Tuesday my mate called the embassy (actual embassy) and got through to the actual ECO who had the case on his desk, he needed more info on bank accounts cause the fax received about 3 weeks ago wans't clear (3 weeks ago!!!!!) but said once they had the new copies then a desicion would be give n in 2 days, so docs faxed for them to see wednesday morning, result should be heard tomorrow!? They will update me as soon as they hear but will have to travel from Samui to get the result so Monday will be the day they find out.

Fingers crossed for your friend Boo...Just how did he manage to get through to the ECO??????

Congratulations to those who have so far had success. I hope the wait isn't too long for the rest in the queue...

Just a quick question: How many waiting here have a joint child (Thai/Brit) who will also travel to the UK if the mother is granted a visa?

Hi Spot, yeah I have a son 50/50 10mnth old now not seen him for 8wks, he has dual passports British/Thai, it really pisses me off that I have not yet been able to bond with my son due to this waiting game we are all enduring,

good luck for today chaps!

congrates K&K you lucky so & so :)