Uk Settlement

Hi,

just new to this forum. I have been in Thailand since March with my spouse and our 1 year old son. We met in the UK while my spouse was doing her masters degree around 5 years ago. After her studies and working for a University in Thailand for a couple years, she received a 2 years visiting visa, and we travelled always together back and forward from UK to Thailand. Our son was actually born in Thailand and now has dual citizenship , Thai and UK.

We travelled back to Thailand in March 09 to apply for her settlement visa. We applied on 19th March, and on the 19th June we got the reply that it was refused ! There was NO interview or ANY request for further documents, however the reason the ECO put down was that we hadn't adequately shown accommodation and maintenance. I have my own restaurant for the last 7 years, so they had my accounts, and also the lease for our house is in both our names, and also the council tax is in both our names. We have been basically living in the UK for the last 2 years together as she had that 2 years visitors visa.

My point is that if the ECO had some issues he might have requested further documents or an interview? Now for the first time in over 2 years I have had to return alone and leave my fiance and son in Chiang Mai ! Surely rather than split a family up the ECO should have simply made a phone call to us in Chiang Mai. I was on the phone to them alot while we all waited there for 3 months on this terrible decision!

Any thoughts??? advice anyone might have would be really appreciated... thanks

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

just new to this forum. I have been in Thailand since March with my spouse and our 1 year old son. We met in the UK while my spouse was doing her masters degree around 5 years ago. After her studies and working for a University in Thailand for a couple years, she received a 2 years visiting visa, and we travelled always together back and forward from UK to Thailand. Our son was actually born in Thailand and now has dual citizenship , Thai and UK.

We travelled back to Thailand in March 09 to apply for her settlement visa. We applied on 19th March, and on the 19th June we got the reply that it was refused ! There was NO interview or ANY request for further documents, however the reason the ECO put down was that we hadn't adequately shown accommodation and maintenance. I have my own restaurant for the last 7 years, so they had my accounts, and also the lease for our house is in both our names, and also the council tax is in both our names. We have been basically living in the UK for the last 2 years together as she had that 2 years visitors visa.

My point is that if the ECO had some issues he might have requested further documents or an interview? Now for the first time in over 2 years I have had to return alone and leave my fiance and son in Chiang Mai ! Surely rather than split a family up the ECO should have simply made a phone call to us in Chiang Mai. I was on the phone to them alot while we all waited there for 3 months on this terrible decision!

Ive got to say, you have one of the strongest applications I have heard and to get turned down for the Visa is pure madness.

It just seems that the ECO's are under pressure and are overlooking data and making mistakes.

We have seen Bad decisions turned over so I would suggest you get on the blower and don't back down until you have spoken directly to the ECO in charge of your application.

My heart goes out to you and your misses and hope you get the result turned around in the next few days.

On another matter, in waiting for our application to be lookd at we have, not unfairly, got a bit impatient and have sent an email to the embassy asking, politely, if our application is even being looked at yet.

Our response was this:

For your response please.

Best Regards,

Helpdesk – UK Visa Application Centre

2nd Floor, Regent House

183 Rajdamri Road

Lumpini

Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

Telephone: +662 800 8050

E-mail: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

What???????????????????

In the grand scheme of things, all going well, my Fiancé and I will get married and spend the rest of our lives together.

Unfortunately that doesn't make either of us feel any better right now so I have booked a flight back to Bangkok so we can send some time together. It's been 3 months since we have been together now and neither of us can stand it any longer.

If anyone is in Bangkok, it would be nice to meet up. Drown our sorrows etc??

Also, has anyone else got a misses waiting in Bangkok? Just thought it might help our better halves if they too had someone to talk to.

I am so pissed with this that I have an appointment at 3:30 with my MPs office today and he is a cabinet minister.

99 days today

I feel for you chewy. It really is starting to seem like they have just forgotten us March's.

Hi,

I think you need to open a seperate thread on this so it would be more easy to follow replies to it Pingit.

The 2 items you mention hadn't adequately shown accommodation and maintenance

Is the accommodation adequate for the 3 of you

Did you show proof of maintenance or how your spouse has lived for the last 2 years

Good news JasonThai so they dont give any results over the phone then? :D

ANY is the wrong question to ask 1 member

No, but we do have a good success rate here so I hope it will be ok, just looking at fights £600 for a Etihad flight which I need to take, it was £480 a few days back :) and £375 2 weeks back :D

ANY is the wrong question to ask 1 member

Call was from EMBASSY not VFS said comfirm you are not in Thailand OK i have given you a visa till 2011 but we need money to send it back to you 600 Baht. As my other half is Laos and cant pick up her passport due to her not in Thailand

Weather it was a mistake she confirmed it or because it was direct from the ECO that dealt with the case i dont no.

I think it was because she was out of the contry and it was direct with ECO and not VFS

My other half rang embassy and said her friend in Bangkok could pick it up, their said no problem if she as the receipt.

Her friend turn up at VFS and their said their dont have her reply back.

Other half rang Embassy and their said sorry we meant pick it up from Ebassy, (i no it sounds strange) ok we will send it to VFS and your friend can pick it up from there.

Confirmed by VFS passport is ready for picup but she cant get there till tomorrow now

It would be nice to know if all laos applications are dealt with direct from the Embassy ???

Edited by borodave

Jasonthai might be let out of the mad house (Yeppie) visa came back today, now the longest 24 hours is waiting for the wife to find out if she got the visa, lets also hope that some of the March's guys hear something today

:)

woohooo!! excellent news. :D

In the grand scheme of things, all going well, my Fiancé and I will get married and spend the rest of our lives together.

Unfortunately that doesn't make either of us feel any better right now so I have booked a flight back to Bangkok so we can send some time together. It's been 3 months since we have been together now and neither of us can stand it any longer.

Also, has anyone else got a misses waiting in Bangkok? Just thought it might help our better halves if they too had someone to talk to.

Yep, feel very much the same and would be good to meet up, currently waiting in Bangkok, if you PM me where and when you will be here, it would be great to chat with other people in this frustrating situation.

Thanks for all the kind replies, remember guys tomorrow is the best day for answers (look back at last Friday) so I am sure there will be a few more tomorrow and I hope it's March's lot (Chewy, Sumrit & Fuildfusion) I think George & Dragon has heard something but has not posted ?

On different note, I have been trying to book a flight today only problem is I need to go with Etihad as I need the miles for my free flight at Xmas, been looking about a few weeks now prices were £375 now then have gone up to over £600 for the same flight, which I don't understand it the same will all airlines, but I was lucky and found a good one on lastminute.com with Jet airways which is o.k as I can use my Etihad card with them, but the airfare amazed me only £359 and it gets to BKK just before the Etihad flight, just over 15 hours each way, I also rang them and got them to book tickets for my wife & son for a cost of £531 which was cheaper than the quote I got a few weeks back £672, it's a big gamble booking the tickets as I don't know if she has the visa, but if I wait I might not get this flight and might have to pay £400 more for all the tickets

Anyway time to clean the house and get :)

Cheers

JT

When you flying out?

Hello JT,

How did you know that your visa was ready, did you check on tracking page or did they sms you?

I checked the tracking page this morning and it said the passport was ready for collection, I then rang the wife to check if they rung her which they did, now she is on her way to BKK to stay with the sister in law and will collect the passport tomorrow so I will ring her between 9am - 10am tomorrow (if I wake up from my hangover :) )

I am so pissed with this that I have an appointment at 3:30 with my MPs office today and he is a cabinet minister.

With a bit of luck that might do the trick.

Just come home from my MP cabinet ministers office. I was helped by one of his staff, a very helpful man.

He used the government hot line to the UK boarder agency and gave all our details and after a few minutes of searching the files they could find no detail of our application. He said this was very unusual. The guy from the UK BA will e-mail the embassy today and will expect something in the morning. I was told that using the hot line would rattle cages if you get my drift.

Will update asap

Edit

May I add the UK border agency has to be informed of all applications so is ours lost?

Edited by chewy22

Hello JT,

How did you know that your visa was ready, did you check on tracking page or did they sms you?

I checked the tracking page this morning and it said the passport was ready for collection, I then rang the wife to check if they rung her which they did, now she is on her way to BKK to stay with the sister in law and will collect the passport tomorrow so I will ring her between 9am - 10am tomorrow (if I wake up from my hangover :) )

Dont get too drunk and forget to update tomorrow!! :D

With a bit of luck that might do the trick.

Just come home from my MP cabinet ministers office. I was helped by one of his staff, a very helpful man.

He used the government hot line to the UK boarder agency and gave all our details and after a few minutes of searching the files they could find no detail of our application. He said this was very unusual. The guy from the UK BA will e-mail the embassy today and will expect something in the morning. I was told that using the hot line would rattle cages if you get my drift.

Will update asap

Edit

May I add the UK border agency has to be informed of all applications so is ours lost?

fingers cossed for you chewy. :)

Jesus that is scary Chewy how the hel_l do you lose this it's not like it's on 1 piece of paper it's a file, but I think this should speed things up for you, hopefully you will get an answer next week as your case will become urgent

I wonder if they did the same to the others and lost there files ? I remember someone who posted saying that he had to fax off his bank statements again which they already had in his application :)

If it is lost just think of all the personal documents and photos etc that will have to be replaced. Does seem odd that we are not on file. Or is it sat in a box under someone’s desk that happens to be on holiday or off work sick. Personally I think it is gathering dust on someone’s desk.