Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done Rolypie(s). Excellent news.

There you were having a go at 'Thai time'. 24 hours late is well within the tolerance levels :)

Although the processing times are to say the least, pedestrian, at least the success rate on this thread are a 100%.

I'm having a strong mrburb premonition........I feel the number of goals England put past Andorra tonight = visa successes tomorrow.

CAN ENGLAND REALLY SCORE 7 GOALS AGAINST ANDORRA??????????????????????? HAHAHAHA

3 at half time fella so another 4 not beyond realm of doubts. Mind you marc, adhering to the order of application you need about 13!! Then again - Jamaica swerve ball who knows???

There you were having a go at 'Thai time'. 24 hours late is well within the tolerance levels :)

Although the processing times are to say the least, pedestrian, at least the success rate on this thread are a 100%.

I'm having a strong mrburb premonition........I feel the number of goals England put past Andorra tonight = visa successes tomorrow.

CAN ENGLAND REALLY SCORE 7 GOALS AGAINST ANDORRA??????????????????????? HAHAHAHA

Six application successes today then :D

3 at half time fella so another 4 not beyond realm of doubts. Mind you marc, adhering to the order of application you need about 13!! Then again - Jamaica swerve ball who knows???

Six application successes today then :D

:D:D:D wishing everybody success over the next few days, six would be outstanding dont you think :D:D:D

Congrats Mr & Mrs Rolypie & JR. Goodluck for your future and i hope a few more off us get some news soon. As for Ticktock's preminision about Englands goals tonight = visa's tommorow 6 would be nice lol..... but seriously lets hope somebody does get some good news again soon........

well done rolypie and good luck for you and your new family , just one thing you said you got a text about your visa but was the visa tracking system up to date also ?

weather is going to be fine the weekend for your teerak lol

alan

Yes mate it was, i was on line when the text came so i checked just in case and it had been updated straight away.

We had the visa consultant pick up our papers (signed a document at the embassy for him to do so at the application desk )

And got a text saying application had been picked up as did the tracking system straight away, so that does actually seem to be updated straight away.

Come on everyone we want more today!!!!!

well done rolypie and good luck for you and your new family , just one thing you said you got a text about your visa but was the visa tracking system up to date also ?

alan

Yes mate it was, i was on line when the text came so i checked just in case and it had been updated straight away.

We had the visa consultant pick up our papers (signed a document at the embassy for him to do so at the application desk )

And got a text saying application had been picked up as did the tracking system straight away, so that does actually seem to be updated straight away.

Well done Rolypie... congrats.

Good luck to everyone else waiting. As someone mentioned, it seems that those of us with pregnant wives have succeeded the fastest.

Personally, I stressed about the application, now I'm stressing about the birth and losing my "freedom". Having said that, I'm looking forward to it ( apart from the diapers - nappies for us Brits ) :-(

I think I'll get sudden and very important phone calls at the very whiff of a fart.

Nothing today so far :) 90 working days takes us up to 7th July (allowing for Easter etc.) and apparantly 95% are issued in this time frame so heres hoping...does anyone know when the figures for May come out?

Well I have just sent two polite e-mails to visa enquires office and VFS office. Do we have a direct phone number I can use if I don’t get any joy? It is now the start of week 13 now 86 days since our application was made

alan

Well done Rolypie... congrats.

Good luck to everyone else waiting. As someone mentioned, it seems that those of us with pregnant wives have succeeded the fastest.

Personally, I stressed about the application, now I'm stressing about the birth and losing my "freedom". Having said that, I'm looking forward to it ( apart from the diapers - nappies for us Brits ) :-(

I think I'll get sudden and very important phone calls at the very whiff of a fart.

The comment I made about pregnant wifes was just meant to be a joke. I apologize if you didn't take it as such. We all know by now just how stressful it is to just sit here week after week with our lives literally on hold and not being able to plan anything at all, even just a day or two ahead. I fully understand some body whose wife is pregnant, and the extra stress and risk that would involve, and fully support there request to be given a little priority in their situations. If the welfare of your's and Rolypie's wife and baby mean that we have to wait an extra day or two for a decision then I'll be the last to complain.

I just wish the Embassy would give us some indication as to where they are, date wise, with the applications they are currently working on. To expect us to just sit here for three months without any information at all as to what is happening to are applications (apart from the meaningless statement on the VFS home page on the 2nd June) should not be acceptable practice for the Embassy.

Sorry rant over

Edited by sumrit

No good news for us today. :D

Decided to email the Embassy to see if they can update me on the status. I wonder if they will reply with a positive response to my query, or just get fobbed off and told to wait........

As someone mentioned, it seems that those of us with pregnant wives have succeeded the fastest.

Mrs Fiend thinks she too old to hab baby........ :)

Edited by TheFiend

Page 29........ Time to move the list again....

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Friend Boo ILE 16/3

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3 (RTD 10/4)

Sumrit 24/3 (RTD 10/4)

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/06/09 10 weeks

fluidfusion 27/3 (RTD 8/4)

TickTock 30/3 (RTD 23/5)

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 (RTD 02/5)

Kate46 (son) 08/4 (RTD 14/6)

AndyJoy 08/4 (RTD 1/5)

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 Applied in Jamaica (RTD 30/5)

scotland 22/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4 (RTD 24/5)

Rolypies 29/4 (RTD 14/5) - Granted 10/06/09 6 weeks

nelson111 04/5

alanr 07/5

true blue 14/5 (RTD 01/7)

spot 15/5

ajsp9 02/6

Another day gone and still nothing???

I am ever positive but I can't say the same for the misses! She is going mental about the wait and I am well passed calming her down.

Ho hum, maybe some movement tomorrow. :)

Have to say it does seem a bit strange that the only ones completed in the last 2 weeks consisted of an urgent Baby due case and an urgent TB Certificate to run out soon case.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for some of you. I thought my wait was a long one.

Still rooting for you all though folks. I aint going away yet.

With luck we will see a whole landslide of good news on Friday.

Some news, just checked on a thai web board, someone got a settlement visa, she submited on April 14th, granted June 6th :)

What's going on at the Embassy? Cinnamon, do you know if there were any special circumstances to warrant a 'speedy' response. I agree with Merangue, last two weeks we have only had two special cases.

No good news for us today. :D

Decided to email the Embassy to see if they can update me on the status. I wonder if they will reply with a positive response to my query, or just get fobbed off and told to wait........

As someone mentioned, it seems that those of us with pregnant wives have succeeded the fastest.

Mrs Fiend thinks she too old to hab baby........ :)

All I got was this from the VFS

Thank you for your email of 11 June 2009.

As your case is a case specific enquiry, we have forwarded a copy of your e-mail to the British Embassy, visa section who will advise accordingly.

Some news, just checked on a thai web board, someone got a settlement visa, she submited on April 14th, granted June 6th :)

What's going on at the Embassy? Cinnamon, do you know if there were any special circumstances to warrant a 'speedy' response. I agree with Merangue, last two weeks we have only had two special cases.

As they don't work weekends, if we don't hear anything tomorrow it will be THREE weeks since anybody from our group heard anything (apart from the two 'special cases' of course). It seems that apart from 'special cases' the Embassy have come to a complete standstill.

In the early days of this thread ThaiVisaExpress posted several times with updates on the length of time some of his customers were waiting. Has anybody noticed whether he has posted on any other thread saying whether any of his customers have had a faster response than we are currently having?

does seem strange this delay in issuing s/v hopethere is not some other criteria, they have thought up in uk for these type of visas,perhaps we should all bombard them with emails,they certinally have us by the short and curlies.

not yet, still finding out

:D

not yet, still finding out

JUST rang the Jamaican consulate and asked to be put through to the visa section, asked about my wife's visa they quoted it takes up to 12 weeks and i replied it's been nearly nine weeks now, they then said , it is being processed now and wife should get answer by Monday.wouldn't let me know?! now worried don't know why or is this just normal feelings, lady did seem nice , wish i did not ring now, fingers crossed now just have to say a little prayer :D:D

come on you 12 weekers!

Absolutely!

I'm still checking on you guys and rooting for you all. We're both back home now, and pinching ourselves that it's true.

When I checked our returned application file it said returned to VFS 21/5/9, but they didnt post on their website til 25th.

Anyway, you guys and this thread kept me sane throgh some hard weeks, only wish mrs could have plugged into that - still, it'd take a lot to keep her sane!

:D:)

agreed!

I'm on week 10 today, but that's only 50 working days. By that logic I still have another 40 days left?! I fly on July 2nd - get kicked out of my house before then, leave my work on the 26th of June!

Week 12 = 60 days?

Week 18 = 90 days?

//Forgot to add, my wife phoned the VFS they re-iterated that it could take 90 working days.

Edited by mrburb

Mr Burb Working Days 1 Week = 5 I think that was the point

If they are saying 3 months then in my book thats 12 weeks Like you I don't understand.

90 Working Days = 4.5 Months Plus another week for Sonkan OMG

Plus it's all ground to a Halt since the 25th of last month, Other than a couple of urgent cases

Wife & Step-Daughter Getting fed up Step-Daughter wants to leave the School. and move on

Using Kennkate stats:

Submitted: Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Today : Friday, 12 June 2009

It is 87 days from the start date to today

Or 2 months, 26 days.

That's 12.42 weeks @ 7 days a week = 87 days

But. 12.42 weeks @ 5 working days= 62 days

Meaning a possible extra 28 days?

I really hope not :)

Well 10 weeks for me today and no news I'm hoping to hear something in the next 2 weeks, but we have people who have waited nearly 13 weeks now with no news :) but in the end of the day we don't know how many people applied before the fees went up & also there must be a lot of people who are not members here whose cases are being dealt with maybe that's why this has slowed down here now :D