French Man Injured In Alleged Self-immolation In Khon Kaen

george

French man injured in alleged self-immolation in Khon Kaen

KHON KAEN: -- A French man allegedly knocked his Thai girlfriend out and set her and himself on fire, police said.

The man, identified only as Lawa, was severely burned before fire fighters could rescue him and his Thai girlfriend, Somjit Insee, 42, from their rented room in Muang district at 10 am.

Somjit suffered burns only on her arms. She said she ran to hide in the toilet room.

She claimed that that man, she met four months ago, knocked her out by banging her head into the floor. When she came to herself, he saw the man was pouring petrol over the floor and on himself and her. She said the man lit up the fire and she ran to hide in the toilet room.

-- The Nation 2009-03-20

KHON KAEN: -- A French man allegedly knocked his Thai girlfriend out and set her and himself on fire, police said.

The man, identified only as Lawa, was severely burned before fire fighters could rescue him and his Thai girlfriend, Somjit Insee, 42, from their rented room in Muang district at 10 am.

Somjit suffered burns only on her arms. She said she ran to hide in the toilet room.

She claimed that that man, she met four months ago, knocked her out by banging her head into the floor. When she came to herself, he saw the man was pouring petrol over the floor and on himself and her. She said the man lit up the fire and she ran to hide in the toilet room.

-- The Nation 2009-03-20

This is an "English-language" newspaper? The "toilet room?" Bathroom?

Or this:

"She claimed that that man, she met four months ago (terrible grammar), knocked her out by banging her head into the floor. When she came to herself, he saw the man was pouring ..."

And she came to herself as well. Is this case of immolation and masturbation?

Edited by dashan

-- The Nation 2009-03-20

Department of silly stories, department of unbelievable stories, or maybe even the next installment of the collected tales of the Grimm-brothers.

What was the fight all about I wonder?? TAG: Real French Fries in Khon Kaen. :D :D :D:wai: that was to easy, couldn't help myself. :o:D

Do wish him and the Thai Lady a speedy recovery and much better days in the future.

Edited by BigSnake

Wooops the slag off the nation mob are in the room :o

No "slagging off", merely stating facts. :D

If I wanted to slag it off, I could proffer that the journalism within is equivalent to a third-grade school publication, or that the lack of proof reading makes it more of a 'pidgin-English' language paper than a bona fide English Language paper, or that its annoying political bias makes it unworthy of reading and affects its credibility, but I wouldn't waste my time, as that much is obvious to even the thickest monoglot.

Edited by Oberkommando

Wooops the slag off the nation mob are in the room :o

No "slagging off", merely stating facts. :D

Yes, the 'facts' as you call it that you repeat post after post after post....build a little bridge and 'get over it' :D:D

First post I believe I have made in reference to the Nation newspaper.

So no need to get over anything. :D

What was the fight all about I wonder?? TAG: Real French Fries in Khon Kaen. :D:D:D:wai: that was to easy, couldn't help myself. :o:D

Do wish him and the Thai Lady a speedy recovery and much better days in the future.

Funny and easy one, I do agree.

But real french fries do not exist!

The real, original, one and only "frite" is Belgian...

What was the fight all about I wonder?? TAG: Real French Fries in Khon Kaen. :D:D:D:wai: that was to easy, couldn't help myself. :o:D

Funny and easy one, I do agree.

But real french fries do not exist!

The real, original, one and only "frite" is Belgian...

You're kidding. It's an English invention.

You do wish our Caucasian brothers could keep it somewhat together mentally while staying long term in LOS and not make the rest of us look like total Neanderthals.

Considering the gravity of this crime and the utter inhumanity of attempting to burn someone alive, I find the jokes and the pedantic insistence on insulting the Nation's english reporting to be, in the very least, in poor taste, and at worst, callous, insensitive and lacking in any kind of human compassion.

You do wish our Caucasian brothers could keep it somewhat together mentally while staying long term in LOS and not make the rest of us look like total Neanderthals.

I agree, though I like Neaderthals, and venture that they had a host of qualities that modern humans don't have. How 'bout the word, 'idiots' or 'imbeciles.'

Pardon my comparison here, but the Italian who lost his head at the Bkk bridge, and now this Frenchman getting crazy with fire (he also could have burned a building down and caused a lot more harm) - ....doesn't bode well for the reputation of men from 'romance countries.'

It is a very sad story, but both the reporting and the bizarre nature of the incident do lend themselves to comments that are less than sympathetic.

In Western countries self-immolation is rather uncommon. The failure to bring out any background on the people or their situation also doesn't help.

I agree, though I like Neaderthals, and venture that they had a host of qualities that modern humans don't have. How 'bout the word, 'idiots' or 'imbeciles.'

Pardon my comparison here, but the Italian who lost his head at the Bkk bridge, and now this Frenchman getting crazy with fire (he also could have burned a building down and caused a lot more harm) - ....doesn't bode well for the reputation of men from 'romance countries.'

Well said, brahmburgers. I'll be back in Thailand next month after packing it all up in 2005 after 4 + years living there. If I hear 'farang baa' without me having done anything, I know why, lol!

Sorry I don't have any sympathy for the idiot that set himself on fire, but I do hope the girl recovers quickly then runs for the hills. That is a very violent and dangerous thing to do, bang someones head on the floor until they pass out :o , sounds like shes lucky to be alive.

-- The Nation 2009-03-20

This is an "English-language" newspaper? The "toilet room?" Bathroom?

Or this:

"She claimed that that man, she met four months ago (terrible grammar), knocked her out by banging her head into the floor. When she came to herself, he saw the man was pouring ..."

And she came to herself as well. Is this case of immolation and masturbation?

You are mistaken. The Nation is not an English language newspaper. It is a pidgin comic for locals whose grasp of English is still tenuous. There are rumours that it might actually be written by unemployed bar girls :o

Considering the gravity of this crime and the utter inhumanity of attempting to burn someone alive, I find the jokes and the pedantic insistence on insulting the Nation's english reporting to be, in the very least, in poor taste, and at worst, callous, insensitive and lacking in any kind of human compassion.

thank you.... the cruel and callous comments, lacking any compassion are a sad reflection on the members of this forum. Quite disgusting really

Well, if anyone is interested outside of making inane jokes or pointless comments about The Nation newspaper, according to the Thai newspapers, he is in a coma, and she is badly burned over her body and in pretty bad shape.

Well, if anyone is interested outside of making inane jokes or pointless comments about The Nation newspaper, according to the Thai newspapers, he is in a coma, and she is badly burned over her body and in pretty bad shape.

enough said...... for those who are so eager to make inane judgments without knowing any accurate substantiated details and to who ever tagged this topic double daggers