Noise Isolation Townhouse

I recently changed my mind, i am going to buy a townhouse instead of a condo and i have settled probably on those new ones just before onnut station or maybe one close to ari bts.

Im really worried about noisy neighbors though, i currently have a house with a direct neighbor(2house/house, no idea how its called) and both me and my neighbor have the same room as master bedroom. i can hear them breathing when they have sex, the isolation is terrible.

Is it the same in townhouses? If so, how much would it cost approx to get 1 level of the house isolated?

Im really worried about noisy neighbors though, i currently have a house with a direct neighbor(2house/house, no idea how its called) and both me and my neighbor have the same room as master bedroom. i can hear them breathing when they have sex, the isolation is terrible.

Semi-detached house with a common wall on one side? In Thai, it is called 'Baan Fiat' or twin house.

How much do you want for this house... :o

My partner is an interior designer. Recently, she refurbished the third floor of a Yenakart townhouse, for a client who wanted a studio to play his musical instruments. Complete sound proof cost him THB 800,000 for 40sqm. Actually, I think she quoted in cubic meter.

Actually, I think she quoted in cubic meter.

A cube has 6 sides. Assuming half of the cost went to enable occupants to breathe in an air tight cell, the cost to insulate one side (the common wall) would be - Bt 66,000.

I recently changed my mind, i am going to buy a townhouse instead of a condo and i have settled probably on those new ones just before onnut station or maybe one close to ari bts.

Is it the same in townhouses? If so, how much would it cost approx to get 1 level of the house isolated?

Where I come from they call two houses together a duplex house.

I have a townhouse with only one common wall because I have an end unit. I do hear some noise and like you our master bedroom connects to their master bedroom. Fortunately, the sounds we hear are mostly banging against the wall or the closing of cabinets because their kitchen cabinets are directly below their master bedroom. I don't know how thick the common wall is, but I find it mostly adequate. I'm sure there must be products that can be placed within the common wall to lessen the sound. I don't find the noise bad enough. On the other hand, my neighbors are more likely to complain about noise because my kids can scream really loud.

if those new houses are not finished yet, you might pay a deposit for one of them and pay to install an insulation for order. Noise insulation is termal insulation at this same time, so put the best wuality you can afford.

fitting wardrobes along the noisy walls will help

But not much :o

Build a new wall on the offending wall using 7.5 cm Q Con blocks with a 7.5 cm air gap, that will stop 90% of the noise. Not expensive, Q Con is easy to work with and costs only 20 baht a block the only problem is that your room gets 15 cm smaller.

But not much :o

Build a new wall on the offending wall using 7.5 cm Q Con blocks with a 7.5 cm air gap, that will stop 90% of the noise. Not expensive, Q Con is easy to work with and costs only 20 baht a block the only problem is that your room gets 15 cm smaller.

really nice idea if theirs noise problem, ty.