Taxi-meter

st11x

IMO travelling in Chiangmai is one of the great bargains and I really don't understand why so many people seem to have such bad experiences. I find the prices pretty cheap and I can't ever recall a time in the last 10 years where I've had to pay over the odds to the point I have to lose sleep or complain about it.

Sure it gets tried on at times, every city in the world is at it, but more often than not I get to where I'm going for between 20 and 80 baht, which includes from one end of town to the other.

onemans choice:

.......If I'm quoted, say, 150 baht to go to my destination, I'll hand the driver 200, with a smile and a thank you.

I hold my right hand up, palm facing out, to signal that I don't want any change.

What a wonderful smile I get in return.

Now I will add another more name to my "Ignore User List" on this forum, (but I won't mention any name specifically). :)

If anyone has questions about using the "Ignore", you are welcome to contact me..........

however,

I could not agree more that passing out money for nothing will give you smiles all around, not just in thailand,

but since i am now on your shitlist you wont

even read this anyway ,what a nice way to avoid otherness -

don't worry though -i love you too-