Internet Banking

I've got internet banking with Bangkok Bank.

One of the reasons was to try to fund my UK credit card online. However it seems I can't do that - I printed off a document like they asked in order to add a 3rd party international transfer to my list.

Does anyone here transfer money by the internet to the UK?

What would be the best way to fund my credit card? It would cost 28 pounds per transaction(normal transfer), according to the bank.

I thought, prehaps naively, that it would be free online. :o

I've got internet banking with Bangkok Bank.

One of the reasons was to try to fund my UK credit card online. However it seems I can't do that - I printed off a document like they asked in order to add a 3rd party international transfer to my list.

Does anyone here transfer money by the internet to the UK?

What would be the best way to fund my credit card? It would cost 28 pounds per transaction(normal transfer), according to the bank.

I thought, prehaps naively, that it would be free online. :o

28 Pounds seem like a tonne of money for an international wire transfer. In US / Canada it's roughly $30 dollars (which is still rather expensive).

I would recommend some options to reduce these fees.

1. Don't use your foreign credit card, so you don't have to pay the bill. Or get a local BKK credit card at BK Bank.

2. Transfer a tonne of money to your credit card, thus reducing the fees and amount of times you'll need to transact. In North America with the cards I use, you can actually put money ONTO your credit card and then use it like a debit card reducing the balance.

There's also a good service I've read about from XE.com to transfer money internationally and get the cheapest fees and best conversion rates. You can read more about this service here: http://www.xe.com/fx/how.htm

Can you transfer to a UK bank account and then make a UK online banking transfer to the credit card? This transfer transaction would be 300bt using BBL's internet banking.

I've never seen SWIFT etc use a credit card number to receive funds.