Thai Army In Phuket Clubs

apple88

Hi, in Rawai - Laguna + Icon got shut down, by thai army... never seen this before, just wondered why it was army and no police involved at all?

Anyone ever saw the army in nightlife places?

seen a few army guys in the day around phuket lately, chalong, rawai area..

If you have not noticed, the army have always run this country but at least they seem to be cleaning up those horrible and dangerous nightspots.

Something the police won't do... $$$$

I saw a farang get kicked and stabbed by bunch of thais out front of the icon last year, police were there drinking inside and did not even come outside until the "real" police arrived.

No charges, and the offenders stuck around like bystanders.

Can anyone verify that it was. The Thai army, that closed these Bars /clubs, down or caused them to obey the law 2am closing. I was told once. that the laguna [of which there are two in Rawai] by the lake, the Owner was paying paying 100.000 baht a month to be able to stay open ??

Did any posters see this.happening,and what time. Nearly all the sex workers and related people, go to the laguna when their own bars ,massage shops !! shut

for a bit of r and r and pickups, no bar fines .

Any sensible person would avoid the icon with its history of murder and robbery . assault etc in its vicinity. riley 76

i thought police receiving $ to stay open after 2am, so it would have to be army who shut it down, no thais i spoke to knew why, they said maybe could of been pissed off so closed it down if there was problems with fighting or something lately....

Yes I was there last Thursday night, i went there 2.30ish i think wasnt much people there, then it was just startin to fill up a bit, i went outside to use fone, and there was like 10 - 20 army guys outside speaking to laguna staff. After 10 15 mins they finally came inside, lights switched on, can just stay to finish drinks... Ended up going to Icon with a girl, no one really there, army guys arrived 10 or 15 mins later + same again...

It was just these places, they didnt bother closin the 1 or 2 bars that still had customers... Got told they did same the next night, but everything is back to normal now...

Seems to be alot happening, police closing down Mixx + Insomnia in Pattaya last weekend too, since open after curfew, also drug tests, someone told me happened to other places in Phuket but not sure if true or not...

Can anyone verify that it was. The Thai army, that closed these Bars /clubs, down or caused them to obey the law 2am closing. I was told once. that the laguna [of which there are two in Rawai] by the lake, the Owner was paying paying 100.000 baht a month to be able to stay open ??

Did any posters see this.happening,and what time. Nearly all the sex workers and related people, go to the laguna when their own bars ,massage shops !! shut

Any sensible person would avoid the icon with its history of murder and robbery . assault etc in its vicinity. riley 76

looks suspiciously like an advert

army occasionally close bars/clubs - nothing new here

Laguna near the lake closed over a year ago due to the hotel/villas going up there.

It is by the scb bank in Rawai now where it is safer and well lit at night.