Thailand Holiday

neverburi

Been to most of them except for about 5 provinces in the north, a couple in the NE, have yet to go to Phuket and Trat.

First hol was 12 days then 2 months later returned for 6 weeks. 10 months after that came back again and been here now for 15 years. :o

May get more response in the Travel Forum, neverburi.

Umpteen times in the past 7 years and maybe 20 of the provinces...ish.

Just did a recount and it seems I've done around half of the 76 provinces. Most all in the south and up the western portion. Never been to the northeast. Spose some don't count if you've just travelled through without having a look around??

First trip '63,(courtesy British Army), second '65, (Army again), went to Pattaya when there was just one hotel and one bar, that was nice! Have travelled Singapore to Chiengmai on the trains, a great rail journey, have worked in Bangkok and Ubon, (Ban Kok Telat,) married two Thais, one from Chiengmai one from Khonkaen, and consequently have made countless trips to the Kingdom.

I tend to feel that the country's rush into the twentieth century has spoilt much of what was beautiful, mainly in Bangkok and around, but I am still very much infatuated with the country and the people. :o

I had one holiday, stayed in BKK for two weeks and didn't like it very much.

Then I met my wife (overseas obviously) and came back with her, saw a completely different side of Thailand and was blown away. That was heading on 3 years ago. It is safe to say that if I had not met my wife, I would not have visited Thailand again, BKK just put me right off, but now I sure am glad I did.

(we don't live in BKK, and try not to visit either)

Not that many trips for me I think. About 8 I think. Mostly comes from not leaving Thailand that often. :o

Provinces visited:

Chiang Mai

Lamphun

Mae Hong Son

Chiang Rai

Phayao

Nan

Phrae

Lampang

Tak

Kamphaeng Phet

Nakhon Sawan

Phitsanuloke

Sukhothai

Uttaradit

Petchaboon

Loei

Khon Kaen

Udon

Nong Khai

Nakhon Panom

Khorat

Buri Ram

Surin

Yasothon

Lopburi

Ayudthaya

Kanchanaburi

Bangkok & Nonthaburi

Chonburi

Rayong

Chanthaburi

Trat

Petchaburi

Ratchaburi

Prachuap Khiri Khan

Chumpon

Surat Thani

Ranong

Phang Nga

Phuket

Krabi

Trang

Satun

Songkla

Yala

Probably forgot a bunch.

random, if you foot my bill i'll be back in issan no time;

dont like sight seeing unless it includes agriculture or farm animals so.... issan most areas fits the bill.....

unless you want to hire me?? :o:D