Check Chuay Chart - Government Aid For Low Income Earners

Jai Dee

PM hands out aid checks

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva today (March 26th) chaired the ceremony to hand out of the government’s 2,000-baht aid checks, stressing that the government does not want people to spend the money extravagantly.

The ceremony to distribute the government’s 2,000 baht gift checks for low-income earners took place at Lan Khon Muaeng in front of the Bangkok City Hall. The first person receiving the “Check Chuay Chart” was Kongjai Harnchai, a 31 year-old kindergarten teacher assistant at Sarin School.

The premier said the project was targeted at low-income earners affected by the economic crisis and advised the check receivers to spend the money wisely in order to help stimulate the economy.

After he left Lan Khon Mueang, the prime minister traveled to Government House where the anti-government protesters announced to besiege today. There were only police and military officers guarding the premises.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 26 March 2009

People thong to receive the government’s 2,000-baht checks today

People thronged to receive Check Chuai Chat - checks for national redemption, in Nakhon Sawan Province today.

Social Security holders who earn lower than 15,000 baht per month in Nakhon Sawan today (March 26) thronged to the appointed checks distribution spots in order to receive the government’s 2,000 baht chicks named Check Chuai Chat.

The main distribution site of Nakhon Sawan is at the provincial stadium’s gymnasium where 4,000 tables have been prepared for providing the checks to 14,000 eligible people.

The source said few problems were found in the check hand out until now. When asked, some check receivers revealed they would spend it for the family’s needs.

PM presides over the ceremony to hand out Bt2,000 cheques

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on Thursday presided over the ceremony for the cash hand-out for Bangkok residents at the City Hall."I hope the cash will help to lessen the hardship in the people's livelihood and to spur the domestic spending," he said.

Abhisit advised recipients of the cash to prudently spend their money and avoid conspicous consumption.

He said there is justification for panicking about the economic slowdown. While trying to tough out the problem, the people could help by promoting local products and domestic tourism.

The cash hand-out is part of the stimulus plan. The government has earmarked Bt19 billion for each income earner with less than Bt15,000 salary to receive a one-off cheque worth Bt2,000.

Source: The Nation - 26 March 2009

Some red-shirted demonstrators donate Bt2,000 cheques to rally organisers

Some workers from Nonthaburi, who joined the anti-government rally at Sanam Luang, donated Bt2,000 Help the Nation cheques to the rally organisers.

A spokesman on the stage at Sanam Luang told the crowd that some workers, who got the cheques in the morning, gave the cheques to support the demonstration.

Please see this thread about the demonstration developments.

First day of Government Economic Aid checks hand out in Chiang Mai vibrant

The first day of 2,000 baht check distributions in Chiang Mai kicked off vibrantly with citizens arriving since early hours to receive the government economic aid.

Government economic aid check distributions at Chiang Mai Provincial Hall this morning saw active interests from residents. Lines organized by the Chiang Mai Social Security Office stretched out and around the provincial hall.

Meanwhile, 6 check reception points have been set up by the Bangkok Bank for citizens to instantly cash in their checks. One citizen receiving checks in the name of Property Service Company Limited, Miss Aiy Punsa, stated she would use her 2,000 baht during the coming Songkran holiday.

A total of 117,883 people are eligible for checks on this first day in Chiang Mai with a total of 139,030 expected to receive aid by the end of the first round on April 8, amounting to over 200 million baht.

A spokesman on the stage at Sanam Luang told the crowd that some workers, who got the cheques in the morning, gave the cheques to support the demonstration.

Sounds like PR to instigate people to actually do it.

It's not like they have to prove that anyone did, but talking about it will trigger others and invoke peer-pressure.

Finance Minister: Govt’s Bt2,000 check handout helps spur GDP growth

Minister of Finance Korn Chatikavanij expresses his confidence that the government’s 2,000-baht check handout will help increase the economic expansion and spur Thailand’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth by 0.2 percent.

Apart from the economic outlook, Mr. Korn said the gift check handout would help create 80,000 to 100,000 jobs and support the second round of government’s economic stimulus scheme. He pointed out that the handout project would soon yield benefits to economic system.

The minister of finance said further that the money handout project would be implemented only once and for the first time under Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva’s administration. He said in the future the government would assist more than 30 million employees who are not registered with the Social Security Office (SSO) in order that they can receive welfare covering free medical treatments and better save.

Thai Airways fully supports Govt’s 2,000-baht cheque handout scheme

Mr. Pandit Chanapai (ปานฑิต ชนะภัย), Thai Airways International's (THAI) Executive Vice President, Commercial Department, divulged that the national flag carrier would show its full support for the government’s 2,000-baht cheque handout program by offering a promotional airfare for domestic routes.

Mr. Pandit elaborated that the economy class, round trip tickets would cost 2,000 baht, excluding VAT and service charge. The Thai Airways Executive Vice President said that the promotional airfare would cover almost all domestic routes, except for Phitsanulok and Samui. He adds that these air tickets would be sold only to the passengers who paid with their 2,000 baht government handout cheque.

The Thai Airways Executive Vice President said that the promotional tickets would be available at THAI’s ticket distribution offices nationwide, adding that passengers who paid with their 2,000 baht handout cheques would still be eligible for Royal Orchid Plus mileage. Mr. Pandit said that the promotional airfare will expire on May 31, 2009.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 27 March 2009

ABAC Poll finds 2,000 baht check recipients mostly content

An ABAC Poll on the first day of Government Economic Aid check distributions has found that most citizens are satisfied with the hand out system and management with recipients choosing to cash in immediately.

Director of the ABAC Poll Office Dr. Noppadol Kanika disclosed that a survey conducted on the first day of 2,000 baht check distribution in 18 provinces yesterday (March 26)found that the majority of check recipients were satisfied with the management of check issuing posts.

A large portion of the 1,192 surveyed citizens gave an average of 5.93 points out of 10 to authorities when asked about their ability to answer inquiries and solve confusion.

As many as 82.8% of respondents stated that they would immediately use their checks with 17.2% choosing to save the money they had received. A little over 10% of those spending their checks on the day said that they would be using the money to pay off debt while 70.6% revealed they would be buying food, 52.5% stated they would buy appliances and 0.7% said they would use the money as part of down payments.

Dr. Noppadol added that the average expected amount to be used from the 2,000 baht check is 1,558.45 baht, noting that a large amount of respondents commented that the Government should issue another lot of checks in the next 6 months.

City Hall crowded, handout continues

City Hall was crowded on Friday, the second day of the government's 2,000-baht handout, as civil servants and state enterprise workers earning less than 15,000 baht a month received their gift cheques. The cheque handouts began at 8.30am.

Nurses and doctors were onduty at the City Hall to give first-aid to people suffering from the stress of queueing in the heat of the approaching wet season.

More from the Bangkok Post here.

PM apologizes for delays on first day of 2,000 baht check hand outs

The Prime Minister offered an apology to citizens who were made to wait in long lines during the Government 2,000 baht check hand out yesterday (March 26), assuring that the Ministry of Labor had been tasked with remedying the problem.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva spoke of the Government 2,000 baht check hand out that began yesterday and was concurrently taking place in community squares throughout the Kingdom, stating that the problem of long lines and extended waiting periods had been noted.

The Prime Minister apologized for the short-comings but reminded that yesterday was the first day of hand-outs. Minister of Labor Paitoon Kaewthong had been tasked to quickly revamp the system with all involved personnel instructed to work more efficiently.

Why do they have to make people queue up for their money.

Why can't they just deposit the money into the people's bank account?

What can't they post it to the people (like the revenue department)?

I would not queue up 6 hours under the sun for 2,000 Bahts.

that are only the people who want to get the cheque on the first day. There is a long period to get it, I am sure on the last week there is not 1 minute to wait.

This kinda silly way was made to avoid any fraud/abuse/corruption. It seems the only safe way.

I think a worker who usually works a 10 hour day for 200 Baht would queue up some hours for 2000 Baht.

Some red-shirted demonstrators donate Bt2,000 cheques to rally organisers

Some workers from Nonthaburi, who joined the anti-government rally at Sanam Luang, donated Bt2,000 Help the Nation cheques to the rally organisers.

Please see this thread about the demonstration developments.

Unbelievable how naive people can be. I really do pity this mislead people who bring water to the sea.

Lamphun to hold 1st Big Lamphun Grand Sale in response to govt's 2,000 baht cheque

Lamphun’s leading industrial factories will take part in the 1st Big Lamphun Grand Sale during April 8-12 with their discount goods in response to the government’s 2,000 baht cheque policy aimed to help stimulate the economy.

Lamphun Governor Derek Konkleep, together with his staff held a press conference yesterday (March 27), notifying the public of the first Big Lamphun Grand Sale, to be held during April 8-12 at Kat Lamphun Square from 10:00AM to 8:00 PM.

The fair has already received confirmation from leading industrial factory owners to bring their products to the fair with 10-70 percent discount.

The fair is held in response to the government’s 2,000 baht cheque policy aimed to help stimulate the economy.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 28 March 2009

And this money can be spent without any regulations. For example in The states some people get their "Food coupons" and can buy food, NOT alcohol or crap.

But this is just ridiculous! Wow how perfect for a degenerate gambler, alcoholic, drug user.

Nice to see my tax money also going to good use!!

A large crowd visited Phanom Rung after the 2,000 baht checks were distributed

A massive crowd traveled to the Phanom Rung Historical Park after the hand out of the government’s 2,000 baht checks.

A lot of people had visited Buriram’s Phanom Rung Historical Park during the last weekend of March. It was assumed that it might be because of the government’s checks given to the people and the upcoming Khao Phanom Rung Festival during April 2-5.

The source said normally, there were 1,000-2,000 people visiting the Phanom Rung Park but today and yesterday, the number of tourists rose to around 5,000-6,000 people, resulting in 2-3 million baht cash flow into the economic system.

Director of the Phanom Rung Historical Park said the increasing number of tourists visiting the park might be from the government’s economic stimulus plans including the 2,000 baht aid checks.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 30 March 2009

CEBF: Majority says part of 2,000-baht check will be set aside for saving

The Center for Economic and Business Forecasting (CEBF) of the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce indicated that over 80 percent of the eligible recipients for the government’s 2,000-baht checks planned on cashing in immediately while more than half intended to save a part of the amount.

A survey has been conducted by the CEBF on the spending behavior among 1,047 low-income earners in all parts of the country, who received their 2,000-baht checks from the government between March 26-28, 2009, and found that the majority of 56.94 percent was planning to save a portion of the money after spending while 32.73 percent would use up the entire amount. 80.69 percent stated that they would cash the checks instantly due to fear that they might be misplaced and noted the greater convenience in spending cash as opposed to checks.

In addition, 40.2 percent said they would use some of the 2,000 baht right away while 21.8 percent was confident that the handout money would run out at once. 14.2 percent however wished to clench the money for the time being in order to spend it during the upcoming Songkran Holiday.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 30 March 2009

From an employers point of view , it means that I have to give all my employees at least half a day off and if there is a long queue it will be a whole day.

That means we will have to basically shut down for the day.

Hardly an efficient system and its the employers taxes and contributions that are going towards the payments that are received.

From an employers point of view , it means that I have to give all my employees at least half a day off and if there is a long queue it will be a whole day.

Hardly an efficient system and its the employers taxes and contributions that are going towards the payments that are received.

your employers must work Saturday and Sunday :o

One of our staff went there on Friday or Saturday (can't recall) and came back very fast.

The others were there on Sunday

your employers must work Saturday and Sunday :D

One of our staff went there on Friday or Saturday (can't recall) and came back very fast.

The others were there on Sunday

Supposedly hand out is on Friday. We work on Fridays surprisingly enough.

As we work 7 days a week some of our employees have Monday instead of Sun. etc.

Myself, I work 7 days a week. Busy earning tax money to pay the govt. :o

Not to mention it takes about half an hour to place of collection and back another half an hour.

It just helps you remember that Thailand is not the land of efficiency.

My gf live in Rama 2. She has been ask to go to Ratchada (opposite the high court) to pick up her cheque. They refuse to post it, or bank it.

Cost:

Taxi there: 300 Baht

Taxi back: 300 Baht

One day off: 600 Baht (she's pay daily rate)

Total cost for pick 1,200 Baht.

She is still deciding if she still wants to go there to pick up the cheque.

My gf live in Rama 2. She has been ask to go to Ratchada (opposite the high court) to pick up her cheque. They refuse to post it, or bank it.

Cost:

Heck, she should work for me , I am providing vehicle and gas so staff can go and pick up their money.

No wages deducted.

Cost:

Heck, she should work for me , I am providing vehicle and gas so staff can go and pick up their money.

No wages deducted.

But cant you pick it up at a social secrutiy office anytime until June or something if you cant make the initial release dates or at least that is what people tell me.

Cost:

No wages deducted.

But cant you pick it up at a social secrutiy office anytime until June or something if you cant make the initial release dates or at least that is what people tell me.

The cut off date to send in paperwork as far as I can remember was 15 March.

As long as you sent by then date for picking up money is end of march - beg of April

If you didn't make the date I don't know what happens.