Occupancy Rates In Samui Hotels

i keep reading that occupancy rates are a bit down and the peak rates have been dropped to match offpeak rates. were goi gto samui in may which is offpeak however we havent seen the offpeak prices drop. is it likely hotels will get even cheaper in may and june?

i keep reading that occupancy rates are a bit down and the peak rates have been dropped to match offpeak rates. were goi gto samui in may which is offpeak however we havent seen the offpeak prices drop. is it likely hotels will get even cheaper in may and june?

dunno,maybe highdiver and matthias can answer your enquiry. :o

dunno,maybe highdiver and matthias can answer your enquiry. :o

Just check hotel website of your favourite place, then check internet agents like agoda, wotif, asiarooms etc....then 14 days before arrival check latestays and I am sure you will get a good deal as May, June do not look great at all.....and yes, occupancy IS down...islandwide.....

what do you mean,matthias is no more?

Banned

and i can say no more and no more can be discussed about it ......................

5) Discussion of moderation issues, actions or moderation policies concerning individual cases are not allowed in the forums. Such comments should be directed to a moderator or administrator, and not discussed on the forum.

but dont worry, he didnt encounter ArkmanElf lol

dunno,maybe highdiver and matthias can answer your enquiry.

matthias is no more ! .. shall miss his posts :D

but even over high season some hotels where running as low as 10%!

what do you mean,matthias is no more?

Look at his profile :o

hotels are empty, even the street vendors have abandoned the island.... :o

try to contact the hotel directly, they won't give a discount on the usual web site were they have to pay VISA and the web owner.....

try to contact the hotel directly, they won't give a discount on the usual web site were they have to pay VISA and the web owner.....

i contacted seven hotels direct and all of them gave me prices which was the same or even higher than agoda, sawadee etc.. i even mentioned the fact that occupancies are down and we were considering staying on koh phangan if we could not get a better rate and they still would not budge. surely 10 days at a slightly cheaper rate is better than nothing at all.

were willing to pay 4000-5000 baht per night as we want something more upmarket and dont want a bad room at the back of the resort. wouldnt you think someone would want the booking? some of the hotels have dropped there peak prices to low season prices but still want the same price in low season?

heres some examples:

the library wont budge below 9500 baht

villa lawana 6500 baht in peak season and in low season 6300

buri rasa 6800 baht high season - 6300 low season

amari palm we asked if we could have a superior room for the price of a deluxe room and they said no way - superior room 6000 deluxe room 4000

six senses 12000 baht - we asked if we could pay 10000 baht as they are advertising a special for 10000 baht if your from europe but we are not from europe and they said no

were now thinking of going to phuket as they are advertising some amazing specials. would prefer to be in samui though. do you feel that the prices im offering (5000 baht) are unreasonable considering their peak season prices are 6000 baht?

i contacted seven hotels direct and all of them gave me prices which was the same or even higher than agoda, sawadee etc.. i even mentioned the fact that occupancies are down and we were considering staying on koh phangan if we could not get a better rate and they still would not budge. surely 10 days at a slightly cheaper rate is better than nothing at all.

were willing to pay 4000-5000 baht per night as we want something more upmarket and dont want a bad room at the back of the resort. wouldnt you think someone would want the booking? some of the hotels have dropped there peak prices to low season prices but still want the same price in low season?

heres some examples:

amari palm we asked if we could have a superior room for the price of a deluxe room and they said no way - superior room 6000 deluxe room 4000

six senses 12000 baht - we asked if we could pay 10000 baht as they are advertising a special for 10000 baht if your from europe but we are not from europe and they said no

were now thinking of going to phuket as they are advertising some amazing specials. would prefer to be in samui though. do you feel that the prices im offering (5000 baht) are unreasonable considering their peak season prices are 6000 baht?

i think all those prices are crazy,i could stay in a 5 star resort in australia for those prices,and not have balcony railings falling off,power cuts and internet disruptions,samui can be so stupid sometimes.go to phuket and enjoy the place.

ok i emailed six senses back saying on sawadee website they are advertising a room for 10000 baht per night can we have this rate and pay direct through the hotel rather than through the sawadee website.. it doesnt actually make any sense as sawadee will get a cut of the 10000 baht.

Thank you very much for your email. Please be assured that the rate we have offered to you was the best available rate and we are delighted to complimentary daily breakfast to you.

Hideaway Villa THB16000 net per villa per night

sawadee offer doesnt not include breakfast so im paying 6000 baht for breakfast haha

ok i emailed six senses back saying on sawadee website they are advertising a room for 10000 baht per night can we have this rate and pay direct through the hotel rather than through the sawadee website.. it doesnt actually make any sense as sawadee will get a cut of the 10000 baht.

Thank you very much for your email. Please be assured that the rate we have offered to you was the best available rate and we are delighted to complimentary daily breakfast to you.

Hideaway Villa THB16000 net per villa per night

sawadee offer doesnt not include breakfast so im paying 6000 baht for breakfast haha

PM me your dates and I get you a great rate.

Internet agents offer a lower rate than hotels directly, thats normal. Reservation of hotel has may be no authorization to give lower rates.

heres some examples:

for 25.000b you can have the villa close to mine for one month in Lamai, big pool beach 700m,,,,,,

i really cannot understand why to come to Samui for paying more than 1500 b for a very nice place.....

from europe with a charter flight to carabbean, Santo domingo/cuba/jamaica you get the 5 star resort for free....

and stop calling SAmui a paradise island, islands in paradise havo no ring road with traffic and pollution like Bangkok, actually they have no car at all.... :o

I would love to take a month off interviewing various Thai hotel owners to publish a short book on how to run a hotel in Thailand. Can you imagine the counterintuitive and horrible advice you could put together under the guise of a serious tome? The book would read as perfectly sound advice domestically and read as a satirical comedy classic in hospitality management circles abroad.

Check out the UK website www.trailfinders.com , they have deals in May & June for both the Amari Palm Reef & Centara Grand Beach (ex-Central) offering buy-one-get-one-free deals on bookings over a specified number of days (pay for 4 , receive 8 etc.).

As these are top-end hotels I assume these packages are probably being underwritten by Thai Tourist Board / Government.

Worth a look !

Thai Visa news today say tourists expected down 30% and rooms being discount up to 50%.

yeah i saw that however im yet to see any amazing 50% discounts at any of the resorts

has anyone else seen any?

also where do you think its likely that they would be advertised? agoda? sawadee?

Check out the UK website www.trailfinders.com , they have deals in May & June for both the Amari Palm Reef & Centara Grand Beach (ex-Central) offering buy-one-get-one-free deals on bookings over a specified number of days (pay for 4 , receive 8 etc.).

As these are top-end hotels I assume these packages are probably being underwritten by Thai Tourist Board / Government.

Worth a look !

Trainfinders have been doing those deals for years. I remember about 8 or 9 years ago getting a buy-one-get-one-free deals at the Boathouse and another year at the Imperial Samui.

I have not seen any decent offers on hotels in Samui really. Nothing which I would not expect anyway.....Plently of hearsay on 50% off's but I cannot find these deals.....

Edited by Marksamui

Worth a look !

Trainfinders have been doing those deals for years. I remember about 8 or 9 years ago getting a buy-one-get-one-free deals at the Boathouse and another year at the Imperial Samui.

I have not seen any decent offers on hotels in Samui really. Nothing which I would not expect anyway.....Plently of hearsay on 50% off's but I cannot find these deals.....

Who signs responsible for this "hearsay"?

If the culprit could be nailed, it would be the one who could give an answer!

isn't there a rumor out there started by the TAT or regarding Samui the TAKS, for all the freebies and discounts?

"Bombarding" them with inquiries and e-mails, would that help?

Bangkok Airways does have Special Fares now.... "Thanks Fares" are almost half price...

Worth a look !

isn't there a rumor out there started by the TAT or regarding Samui the TAKS, for all the freebies and discounts?

Bangkok Airways does have Special Fares now.... "Thanks Fares" are almost half price...

I think that the offers don't exist. What I experience plently in Thailand lately is if you spend more they will give a bigger discount. I am sure there is some deal out there if you book 14 days at full rate you get 1 day at 50%. Then they can advertise at up to 50% off!!! It is just misleading advertising rather than these fantasic deals. Looking through the usual suspects (sawadee, expedia etc.) the hotels all look to cost about the same as last year.

I will probably come to Samui in the 2nd half of the year for a short break, but I am not holding my breath for getting any amazing discount on the hotel or flight....

Worth a look !

I think that the offers don't exist. What I experience plently in Thailand lately is if you spend more they will give a bigger discount. I am sure there is some deal out there if you book 14 days at full rate you get 1 day at 50%. Then they can advertise at up to 50% off!!! It is just misleading advertising rather than these fantasic deals. Looking through the usual suspects (sawadee, expedia etc.) the hotels all look to cost about the same as last year.

I will probably come to Samui in the 2nd half of the year for a short break, but I am not holding my breath for getting any amazing discount on the hotel or flight....

Then, there are costs and there is a profit to be made... not to forget!

Slashing prices seems to the consumer always a nice advantage but once you sold half price -

nobody will understand if prices get back to old/normal levels....

50% is cheap marketing - there are other possibilities.

@sbk: thanks for the hint!

Edited by Samuian

i booked at the white house hotel choengmon for 10 days and got 5 of them free through hotel thailand which to me would be a 50% discount or maybe i'm shit at percentages!

oh they also threw in a few free massages too and hotel transfer

Edited by BusyBee123

Rates are down for sure, use the web sites,such as Agoda etc

or try kandaburi a good four star with very good prices