Trying To Find Ban Mai Nong Bua (in Chaiprakarn) On Map

lambethgal

Hi there, I have the GT Rider Golden Triangle map and am trying to find Nong Bua and Ban Mai Nong Bua in Chaiprakarn. My starting point is Chiang Mai and from looking at the Budget Car Rental Map, my guess would be you take the left turn off route 107 at either Mae Khi or Huai Pai. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi there, I have the GT Rider Golden Triangle map and am trying to find Nong Bua and Ban Mai Nong Bua in Chaiprakarn. My starting point is Chiang Mai and from looking at the Budget Car Rental Map, my guess would be you take the left turn off route 107 at either Mae Khi or Huai Pai. Does anyone have any ideas?

Try for Mai Bong Nua for on the GT Rider Golden Triangle map. Just south of Pang Khwai & R1249, & west of Mae Kha.

Which name is right? Ask them in the village.

Hi David, I think "Ban Mai Nong Bua" is the correct name, as I've seen several references to it as such and it is shown on the Budget map as being east of and almost level with Sinchai. Mai Bong Nua would place it too far north.

Could it be you're talking about "Ban Yang" then? That is a huge KMT village, but I think that the the locals refer to the place as Ban Yang, not Mai Nong Bua.

That's interesting. I've never seen or heard this village referred to as Ban Yang, but it is a large KMT village and it's position on the Budget Map would correspond to Ban Yang on the GTR map.

I just found that in Lonely Planet, Ban Mai Nong Bua is described as being reached by a dirt road going west, 19 km south of the turn-off for Doi ... this would roughly correspond with the turnoff at the checkpoint near Pha Hong on GTR map ... which would also indicate Ban Yang as the destination.

The only other name I know for this village is the Chinese, which is "reshuitang xincun" or 热水塘新村, which probably isn't much help

Never been there but on the ESRI map of my Garmin GPS Nong Bua is located close to the intersection of the road going west to Sin Chai and the 3001 which is running north-south there.

If you go west from the intersection direction SinChai after about 2 km there is a school called ban mai nong bua and 800 m further a hot spring ban mai nog bua hot spring.

The location corresponds with Ban Yang on Davids map.

The school is also there on the Thinknet map under the same name.

Hope this helps, joop