Direct Purchase From Owner And Property Transaction Information

If I buy a flat from owner directly, not through property agent, should I find a lawyer to assist me to complete the transaction? Any recommendations? What kind of fee I need to pay for the whole transaction?

Also, is there any way for me to obtain the latest property transaction information (price) of bangkok's condominiums?

Thanks.

There is a tax/fee to be paid at the land office, and I don't know any way of knowing how much this is going to be. A lawyer may be useful to design or review the contract. Make sure you agree (and state on the contract) about the payment of the taxes at the land office: 50/50 between seller and buyer seems the norm but any other agreement is possible.

You can check with the condo sales/rental office in the condo building, and it can provide you with the asking and final sales price of any of the units. You can also check at the Land Department for the assessed price and sales price of any unit.

If I buy a flat from owner directly, not through property agent, should I find a lawyer to assist me to complete the transaction? Any recommendations? What kind of fee I need to pay for the whole transaction?

Also, is there any way for me to obtain the latest property transaction information (price) of bangkok's condominiums?

Thanks.

Absolutely use a lawyer, they can verify/conduct due dilligence regarding any property purchase. Back home we always use a lawyer for property purchases, so I would suggest in a country where the language and laws are different, it would be even more prudent to do so.

I'm sure this forum/site has loadsa recommended lawyers.

I know of Mcevily and Collins, they're expensive but you definately get what you pay for. And 'no' I don't work for them!

regards

Bojo