Yoga In Chiang Mai

girlx

can anyone recommend a good yoga class somewhere in the old town? i studied tantra yoga for a year but am open to other styles. not looking for a big commercial place. thanks for any tips.

can anyone recommend a good yoga class somewhere in the old town? i studied tantra yoga for a year but am open to other styles. not looking for a big commercial place. thanks for any tips.

From searching in google in the past (I'm also interested in finding some yoga place), I'd say there is at least 5 or 6 yoga studios, but they are all Hatha yoga (the standard yoga of static positions), I've also seen a Raya yoga class and recently I've seen an ad for a Kundalini yoga class (as taught by Yogi Bhajan).

There is a very large sign for a yoga studio about a block away from the Central Airport Plaza.

I haven't seen anything about tantra in Chiang Mai so far (I have also studied that in the past) and I have a feeling that it may not be available here or if it is it might be done in a very private way and not easy to find. Anyway, this is my search experience so far, hope it helps, but I don't have an actual recommendation. :o

That's a good link, didn't see that one before, I have a number of old bookmarks from searches that I have done in the past, I'll go through them; could you tell me in more detail what type of yoga are you looking for? have you considered Mantak Chia? he is in Doi Saket.

well, just looking for an informal class with a good teacher really- not a fan of big classes that are expensive and have a lot of advertising involved etc. i will check some places out when i get there, and also mantak chia i guess (is he a teacher???)...

Edited by girlx

Mantak Chia teaches the chinese version of tantra, he is very big, wrote a lot of books, very big following in western countries. Just google his name and you'll get plenty of info. The stuff it's quite good, but since he is geared towards foreigners, it's all farang prices as far as I know.

What style of tantra or teacher did you follow?

Thank you for the link, that's definitely the type of yoga style that I relate to. I like the way they blend different traditions. I haven't seen anything along those lines in Thailand. I'll search further and I'll let you know if I find anything and if you do find something like that, please let me know. Good luck and take care.

well, just looking for an informal class with a good teacher really- not a fan of big classes that are expensive and have a lot of advertising involved etc. i will check some places out when i get there, and also mantak chia i guess (is he a teacher???)...

I picked up a brochure this week in the vegie restaurant on Tapae Rd (excellent BTW) for Blue Garden Yoga... Ratchamanka Rd Soi 4, down next to Smile Guest House. Also know there is a good class in the Soi opposite Tapae Gate (just a few metres round from Art Cafe) - please PM if these vague instructions not enough.

• 6 months later...

I knew a good site yogasuppliesonline.com who provide a good yoga tips and the useful information about the different type of yoga. I got more information about the benefits and types of yoga from them. They are dedicated to yoga. They provide any type of information about the different type of yoga.