Ban Wang Tan

nokia

Recently i visited Ban Wang Tan for lunch at its restaurant & noticed a small clubhouse & a nice big swimming pool.

I wonder if the pool is open to public?

Alternatively, is there any pool open to the public in the Hang Dong area?

Hello there,

yes the pool is open to the public and it costs 20 baht if the pool attendent is there.

It's quiet a nice way to spend some time chilling by the pool have a nice swim and a bit of lunch which is always lovely at the restuarant.

Recently i visited Ban Wang Tan for lunch at its restaurant & noticed a small clubhouse & a nice big swimming pool.

swim at your own risk, it is very dirty. there are better pools at baan nai fun and home in park, food is better.

swim at your own risk, it is very dirty. there are better pools at baan nai fun and home in park, food is better.

You are right its horrible , dont come, :o loads of kids ,noisy ,dirty far better places elsewhere.

The pool at wang tan is on most occasions clean. We have used it for several years. The exception is right after a rain the water turns green color (chemical imbalance?) and the kids stepped on some broken glass in the shallow end one time and there was no interest in cleaning by anyone. No staff on hand, just someone to take money. The restaurant has raised prices 2 times in past year with quality not improving, I do not take friends there to eat. Just check pool prior to use or taking kids to use it.

Are the pools are baan nai fun & home in park open to non-residents? I dont mind trying their restaurants though.

The pool at wang tan is on most occasions clean. We have used it for several years. The exception is right after a rain the water turns green color (chemical imbalance?) and the kids stepped on some broken glass in the shallow end one time and there was no interest in cleaning by anyone. No staff on hand, just someone to take money. The restaurant has raised prices 2 times in past year with quality not improving, I do not take friends there to eat. Just check pool prior to use or taking kids to use it.

I noticed a small cleaning machine by the side of the pool. At least it had been used.

Many pools in CM, especially those in small hotels, have not been cleaned for days/weeks.

Yes unfortunately the restaurant had raised its price since last year. :o

Is there any other decent restaurant along CM-Hang Dong road or in Hang Dong town to recommend??

We liked the Moo Ban so much that we bought here and have been here for four years. Admittedly we don't use the pool that much but have always found it satisfactory.

I don't mind a bit of green because algae growth usually indicates healthy water with a bit less chemicals. There will be varying opinions, of course. There are also tennis courts if you fancy a game before or after a splash..