Full English Breakfast

rickthailand

where in your opinion do they serve the best full English breakfast? As I am new to Chiang Mai I am still trying

to find the good places.

rick

The Art Cafe for American - eggs, homemade sausage (best that I have found in Chiang Mai), a variety of cheeses for omelets (owners own a cheese making business) and the best mango pancakes that I have ever experienced. Worth a try.

I like both places and Mad Dog has a good, cheap, filling British Breakfast in a fan-cooled working man's bar. However, Art Cafe has lots of different American breakfast choices - fancy omelets, great bacon, different kinds of pancakes and waffles, etc. - in a much nicer, air-con atmosphere and the prices are reasonable, rather than cheap.

It depends on what you are looking for. :o

Killing two birds with one stone? Some readers might only be interested in one or the other, but some might enjoy both.

Your right it's me this morning feeling grumpy, I will try the breakfast in Art Cafe next time.

can anyone tell me where arts cafe is?

rick

Mad dog has to be the best and cheapest, (slightly dodgy sausages though)

Half moons pretty good too (good sausages though), (moonmuang soi 2)

The Good friends restaurant attached to the Traveller Inn on loi Kroh road is good too (wierd! sausages though), but they just put up the price by 25 baht :o

The "What" does a decent one too on loi Kroh road.. (what no reference to the sausage? maybe I forgot eh) LoL

as for American breakfasts? they are not even on the same page in the menu. how can you have a breakfast without baked beans!! LoL

Edited by wildpikey

can anyone tell me where Arts Cafe is?

rick

Right in front of Thapae Gate, on the Thapae Road side. It is quite a big restaurant with a big menu. In my opinion, breakfast is their specialty, but there are some decent items on the lunch and dinner menu.

JJs restaurant probably has the best croissants and muesli with yogurt and fruit in town and they have recently added beans on excellent whole wheat toast thanks to yours truly.

where in your opinion do they serve the best full English breakfast? As I am new to Chiang Mai I am still trying

to find the good places.

rick

The Art Cafe for American - eggs, homemade sausage (best that I have found in Chiang Mai), a variety of cheeses for omelets (owners own a cheese making business) and the best mango pancakes that I have ever experienced. Worth a try.

art cafe serves superb Egg Benedict. But I am not a fan of their cheese.

Mad Dog has the best English breakfast though. So one more vote from me for Mad Dogs.

Try the Art Cafe by all means, but IMO they do not give value for money.

For a very good British breakfast, Mad Dog wins hands down both foodwise and pricewise.

Edited by venturalaw

Killing two birds with one stone? Some readers might only be interested in one or the other, but some might enjoy both.

Your right it's me this morning feeling grumpy, I will try the breakfast in Art Cafe next time.

Heard good things about it from others too - I am going to try Mad Dog for sure.

Heard good things about it from others too - I am going to try Mad Dog for sure.

Go you will be surprised..I went there yesterday just as the Australian F1 GP was kicking of [ cos i have read in many post's how good it was supposed to be] and ordered the Full English Breakfast 125 Bht

Must say it was excellent value for money, if i had one problem it was that i just could not eat it all.

All in all a 5* breakfast at 1* prices

yes i am going to try the Art cafe next Sunday the lady who also i believe is the same person who runs dicheesios (excuse the spelling) just off the Hang Dong road with the cafe on the premises called the hidaway

I am told the Art cafe has a very extensive menu and unlike mad dog sells Thai food

i say this as when i went to MDs with my partner she was a little disappointed there was not Thai food (or at least i could not see any on the menu) and had to settle for a club sandwich which was both good quality and very reasonably priced

I personally think Mad dogs B/F will be hard to beat

I know i have gone on about this before but i am not easily impressed but just thought it needed to be mentioned and i dont know the owner and have only been there one time

Toast, Jam Butter , Coffee , Fruit Juice, scrambled eggs Loads of Bacon Mushrooms, tomatoes. baked beans sausage (Not the best ive had but ok) sauted potatoes all for a princely sum of 125 Bht

And the cruit set is also very extnsive, i did make the mistake of sprinkling some dried herbs ( i dont know what they were doing in with the ketchup and mustard) over my scrambled eggs thinking it was pepper but no worries i just took a deep breath and blew 90% off the plate on to the floor (Apologies Mr MD for messing up your floor)

yes i am going to try the Art cafe next Sunday the lady who also i believe is the same person who runs dicheesios (excuse the spelling) just off the Hang Dong road with the cafe on the premises called the hidaway

I am told the Art cafe has a very extensive menu and unlike mad dog sells Thai food

i say this as when i went to MDs with my partner she was a little disappointed there was not Thai food (or at least i could not see any on the menu) and had to settle for a club sandwich which was both good quality and very reasonably priced

I personally think Mad dogs B/F will be hard to beat

I know i have gone on about this before but i am not easily impressed but just thought it needed to be mentioned and i dont know the owner and have only been there one time

Toast, Jam Butter , Coffee , Fruit Juice, scrambled eggs Loads of Bacon Mushrooms, tomatoes. baked beans sausage (Not the best ive had but ok) sauted potatoes all for a princely sum of 125 Bht

And the cruit set is also very extnsive, i did make the mistake of sprinkling some dried herbs ( i dont know what they were doing in with the ketchup and mustard) over my scrambled eggs thinking it was pepper but no worries i just took a deep breath and blew 90% off the plate on to the floor (Apologies Mr MD for messing up your floor)

Although the menus are the same, the food at the Hideaway is a little bit better, but it is closed on Sundays. Try the mango pancakes. You won't be disappointed.

I'll be trying Mad Dog on Sunday.

Man, the Laughing Leprechan had a great breakfast, even though it was not cheap. Dominic's Ex is still churning them out at the "Chiang Mai Leprechan", but has done the usual Thai thing and has cut the quality of the food and the size of the portions.

What a shame!

Edited by Ulysses G.