Truevisions Dish And Ird

longball53098

In a few months or less I will be moving my system to my new house. I am having our electrician run the cable for the TV and phone connections. I want to locate the True dish somewhat out of sight and that location is about 33 cable meters from the receiver location. Can anyone tell me what is the max distance this cable can be? In the US I had Direct TV sat and I had a cable at least that long with no problems

Thanks

are boosters available ? would something like this improve reception with cloud ?

my cable is about 20 metres and it does not take much rain cloud for the signal to drop out - though with clear sky the receiver says the signal strength is >90

this one lists at 15USD

Channel Master's 3042 is a versatile, high-quality signal amplifier designed for indoor use.

It's ideal for boosting weak antenna or cable TV signals.

The 3042 can improve reception whether the problem is weak signal strength at your antenna,

loss of signal quality due to a long cable run, or the use of signal-splitters between your antenna and TV.

Unlike garden-variety boosters, the 3042 provides a return signal path for use with a cable modem. AC power supply included.

Details:

* compatible with antenna and cable TV signals

* amplifier gain: 13 dB

* frequency range: 50-900 MHz

* return path: 5-42 MHz (for cable modem applications)

* noise: 3.5 dB

* 75-ohm inpedance

* 6-3/4"W x 3-3/4"H x 4-1/4"D

* warranty: 30 days

* requires AC power

* RG-6 cable is recommended

4943213.jpg

http://www.warepark.com/ProductInfo.aspx?id=3828654

30 odd metres of good quality RG6 should be no problem if there are no (lossy) joints or splitters.

If the signal is low a line-amplifier close to the dish should help :o

Stu. Plenty of amps available here, they need to go near the dish to be any use. That said we have only 5m to our closest receiver and it drops out at the slightest hint of rain. Adding the splitter for a second receiver made no noticable difference to the number of rain-failures.

EDIT If you get an amp powered by the LNB supply (up the co-ox) then it's a piece of cake to install :D

Edited by Crossy

As always

Thanks Crossy

My current system almost never drops out even in the heaviest rains. It takes a really, really black thick cloud to block my signal. Before I complained to them I was the same. The signal dropped out if a hint of rain was around.