Can You Help The Wife Out?

uptheos

My wifes drives an 11 year old Diahatsu Mira and doesn't want to drive anything else, she's in love with it.

OK, so now you've stopped laughing and I have your attention maybe you can help her out - I say 'her' and not me because she saved her salary and bought the car, pays everything for it and as I said 'loves it'. However, she hasn't noticed the blue smoke coming from the exhaust or loss of power or dodgy clutch or the fact the car doesn't stop when you hit the brakes (though it passes all inspections and she has noticed the small tear on the upholstery)!

Seems like pistons, clutch and brakes need the business.

Pleeeaze does anyone know a reasonable priced mechanic (but genuine) who doesn't mind working on small cars and might be able to get her car fixed up?

Thanks (and stop laughing) :o

I have a very fair and honest mechanis but it's very difficult to explain where the shop is. Your wife can call him...Khun Jak 089-8383666 or the office is 053-406053. No english spoken and it's in the Chiang Puek Santhitum area just off the super highway....cheers!

I have a very fair and honest mechanis but it's very difficult to explain where the shop is. Your wife can call him...Khun Jak 089-8383666 or the office is 053-406053. No english spoken and it's in the Chiang Puek Santhitum area just off the super highway....cheers!

Cheers Sansai Sam.

Does anyone know the Thai for 'piston rings'? (phonetic and script if possible)

Edited by uptheos

Cheers Sansai Sam.

Does anyone know the Thai for 'piston rings'? (phonetic and script if possible)

Wongvanluksoob piston ring

วงแหวนลูกสูบ

Hows that? :o

ACT service center just outside Makro, Superhighway going to Lampang has got a promotion going on right now. 50% off on brake pads, battery and shock absorbers. Got my car done for a new batt and brake pads and must say that its super cheap but only until tomorrow. Maybe some other TV members can suggest some mechanics but do check out ACT in case you need any of the above replacements.