Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

What Do You Think Of Pinkey's "sliders"

Ulysses G.

I've never even seen a White Castle, but some of my friends swear by them. What do people who have eaten there think of Pinkeys (in the small Soi next to the Cafe, very close to Moon Muang street). They specialize in sliders and some chicken dish that is very popular in the U.S. right now, that I have never had either.

White Castle is basically a Mid-west thing. You can buy them in the stores basically all over the US, but the restaurants are all in the mid-west (plus Jersey and NY)..

White Castle buries their burgers in a mess of grilled onions. Since I don't eat vegetables, I don't care for the White Castle Burgers. There are a few pubs in DC that do pretty well selling plates of sliders as Happy Hour specials.

Does Pinkeys do the same thing with the onions?

-Mestizo

• 2 weeks later...
I've never even seen a White Castle, but some of my friends swear by them. What do people who have eaten there think of Pinkeys (in the small Soi next to the Cafe, very close to Moon Muang street). They specialize in sliders and some chicken dish that is very popular in the U.S. right now, that I have never had either.

Longing for a slider, I walked around the Moon Muang/Thapae area today, trying to locate Pinkeys, but was not at all successful.

I was hoping you could give me some indication as to where to look (such as a landmark, a particular soy, etc.)

Thank you very much in advance!

Paul

Pinkey's Sliders......Sounds like a wonderful name for a suppository :o

They are MJM, they just go about it differently, sorta like comin' to the same end just from a different direction.\ :D

Aha, a stealth-suppository, really sneaky ! :D

Well no one has said if they are any good. Are they? I do love me some sliders and an ice cold brewsky.

They are decent. The grilled onions are very good. The burgers themselves were a little too dry for my taste but very flavorful. They are at least twice as thick as white castle too.

Well no one has said if they are any good. Are they? I do love me some sliders and an ice cold brewsky.

They are decent. The grilled onions are very good. The burgers themselves were a little too dry for my taste but very flavorful. They are at least twice as thick as white castle too.

Ah, so they make 'em 1/16 of an inch thick now!

I finally managed to find Pinky's (thanks U.G.!) and tried their sliders (mini burgers) and buffalo wings:

The mini burgers were quite good, with all the required toppings including cooked onions, cheese, pickle, and special bread roll.

The buffalo wings were amazingly good, and included ranch dressing and carrot sticks.

Both the above were comparable to what you would find in the US.

The complimentary glass of water and ice, served without asking, was a nice touch.