Retirement Visa For Uk Citizen

My 4th retirement visa is due shortly. In the past, I have always had more than the 800k required, in the bank. this time, I want to use my pension with just a top up in the bank. To get a letter of comfirmation from the Embassy, what will I need to take. Has anyone done this recently?

I live in Chonburi, so I don't want to go all the way to Bangkok, to find I need something I haven't brought.

all advise appreciated.

Hi Simbo,

I got my first letter last Nov. Same as you I had previously had 800k in bank. I took with me the original letter from my company to say I was getting a pension ( 2 years old ) Some pay statements, I don't get one every month, so just 2 or 3. P60 from last April. Bank statement - internet copy, shows pension paid into UK bank. This is all that was needed. I don't yet get Gov. pension.

I got to the embassy early ( 9.00am ) don't forget to take ticket for your turn in queue. They told me to pick up letter next day after 9.00am. If you are in hurry, get there earlier as there may be a queue.

I'm pretty sure I paid 1600 baht. but have read someone paying more, so don't know if price as gone up. Best of luck, I also live in Chon Buri. MonsH. :o:D

Simbo,

To avoid Two Trips ...

I usually Fax them the Documents

plus a covering letter in which I say I will phone them in a Couple of days to Confirm that The Retirement Letter is ready at the Counter for collection. And that I will bring the Original Documentation when calling to collect the letter.

By the way I trust you are applying for your 3rd extension to your (first) Retirement Visa?

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Simbo

Can you share your subsequent EXPERIENCE with us ?

Thanks

Bill

I have my letter now. I went to the British Embassy, through the turnstile, across the yard, turn left into the visa section and first left up the stairs. At the top you will see a form bureau and ticket machine. Take ticket for your place in the queue.

There were only a few ahead of me.

Tell the clerk what you want and he will ask to see your documents;

A letter from your company ( the one they gave you when you retired) passport.

I took all my P 60's since I retired. They send them to me. Also I took some recent bank statements, showing withdrawls from ATM here. He was satisfied with the information provided and asked me for 1.500 Baht. He told me to pick the letter up the following day. I asked if it could be sent by post. It could and the fee is 40 baht. It arrived 2 days later by registered post.