Budget Hotel

zoolander

anyone recommend a central hotel near bts/mrt for around 1500 baht but also has somewhere to park a car.............thanx

Royal Asia Lodge, Sukhumvit 8, near BTS Nana, about 1300 bth/night. quiet, friendly staff. i guess with park car.

Daniel

Nice room in Ibis. Is the picture of the Honey hotel one of their newly decorated rooms?

newly decorated .... they are all dumps.. a friend stayed there the other week, and checked out after 10 mins !

1657_2.jpg

Ibis Hotel Nana

Does it have a swimming pool?

I don't think so. The one in Phuket has. I went to see it last week. Quite a hike from Bangla, but new (1 year) clean and functional. Price not bad for rip off Phuket.

Nana Ibis seems to range from below Bt1000 (then they add taxes and service). Breakfast is about Bt200 per person s a big no no. You have to prepay with no refund for the best prices.

Another note, lets say the price of your room fluctuates during your stay. Well, Ibis will quote you only the highest price even on their day by day price form. Marriott used to do this but have fixed it. Essentially, you have to check each day individually if you are really after the best price.

Nice room in Ibis. Is the picture of the Honey hotel one of their newly decorated rooms?

newly decorated .... they are all dumps.. a friend stayed there the other week, and checked out after 10 mins !

Sorry I disagree I stayed in one of their newly decorated rooms last year and that one fine no problems and the hotel is in a ideal location. I've also had friends who have stayed there (new rooms) and all of them have returned at some stage. Each to their own I suppose, not that I expect 5* for 1,200 a night.

Rex Hotel Thong-Lor 1100 baht parking swimming pool , breakfast girl friendly, 2 mins to sky train ,

But to be honest there are loads of hotels in your price range all along Sukumvit (google)

colino

anyone recommend a central hotel near bts/mrt for around 1500 baht but also has somewhere to park a car.............thanx

Not quite as close to the action of Nana, but a great hotel on phetburi soi 1, 900 for double room + breakfast, has carpark.

Distance to Ratchatewi BTS is 15min on foot, 3 on motorcycle taxi.

Link to hotel = http://www.bangkoksuite.com/

Cheers,

Arno

Yup, Ibis are running the best value for money right now in Bangkok, just over 1000 baht/night, but I recommend the Ibis Sathorn hotel on Soi Ngam Du Pree. It's about a 10 minute walk to the MRT, and there isn't a BTS too close (closest is sala daeng about 50 baht taxi ride but only also 10 mins depending on time of day).

Has good parking, is a completely new hotel, and the scuttlebutt is to book through Agoda, because right now they have the best deal including free wifi. Otherwise you pay a lot for wifi. a couple of great restaurants nearby: Just One, and a few others, including cheap breakfast only directly outside. 7-11 nearby, and taxis always in the soi. Much better than staying on Sukhumvit IMO.