Water Filters

Tazmo

We have had water filters 3,000 b) fitted and been drinking water from the filters.

But recently my Thai Partner decided to boil the water from the filter before we can drink it, a lengthy process!!

Does anyone have any experience of the need to do this?

She claims it is to eliminate ‘ limestone slag’ from the water!

I am feeling bloated and constipated from drinking the boiled water.

Any thoughts on this subject please?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

As said unless she is distilling the water (she may know how - moonshine) boiling is just making water with more minerals.  RO filter systems can be bought for about the same 3k price these days and are 5 stage.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ro-100-ro-75gpd-00001-i123126881-s128590091.html

Nothing wrong with Moonshine. Maybe that is why he is bloated and constipated? Bahahahaha ????????

• Haha 1

When we bought a newly built house we decided not to bother having bottled water delivered. Also there was a lot of sediment in the mains supply due to major construction in the area requiring a lot of supply cut offs and renewing of main pipes. So our system now consists of a 3000 litre holding tank, a point of entry particulate filter, a water softener, a fine sediment filter all located outside the house, and in the kitchen a 3 stage filter with a UV lamp for our drinking water. Overkill in the minds of some but we never have problems of any kind because it was installed by Water Shop and they maintain the system. They are located in the car park area of the Big C near Index. We went for automatic self cleaning on the main filter and the water softener so all I have to do is twice a month add salt to the softener system and monthly backwash the fine sediment filter.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some more interesting info here:

https://www.ecowater-softeners.co.uk/for-your-family/drinking-softened-water/

I am from England and live both in Chiang Mai, and in Dharamsala in the low Himalayas where the water comes from snow melt.  As a proper tea drinker I love the water here and there, and always notice the poorer flavour when I am back in England visiting family who all live in the south with hard water.

• Thumbs Up 1