Songkran Alcohol Ban Canned, Crackdown On Alcohol Postponed To April 16

george

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing I worry about is how this will drive tourists out of the country. This world is going backward it seems cos the govt has became more and more controlling over things that should be basic human rights and I think this goes in many countries around the world. In some states in America you cant even be seen holding a bottle of alcohol and drinking in public I heard? You cannot drive with a bottle in your reach? I mean come on! I think it's funny that they think smoking and drinking is such a threat to society but when it comes to things like crimes, corruption and global warming they do not seem to be so excited to make new regulations or maybe they will blame alcohol and smoking for all problems that happen in the world? People don't drink in muslim countries and if anyone think it's an ideal world maybe they should move there!!

The last thing I worry about is how this will drive tourists out of the country. This world is going backward it seems cos the govt has became more and more controlling over things that should be basic human rights and I think this goes in many countries around the world. In some states in America you cant even be seen holding a bottle of alcohol and drinking in public I heard? You cannot drive with a bottle in your reach? I mean come on! I think it's funny that they think smoking and drinking is such a threat to society but when it comes to things like crimes, corruption and global warming they do not seem to be so excited to make new regulations or maybe they will blame alcohol and smoking for all problems that happen in the world? People don't drink in muslim countries and if anyone think it's an ideal world maybe they should move there!!

Am i the only one aware that today is april's fool day???

:o

Today is April 1st......think about it logically....how on earth could massage parlours only employ people over 40 ?

That would mean that on April 16th 90% of massage workers would lose their jobs !

Just relax and go for a nice soapie massage in Sabailand to chill out ! :o

Boonlert Sukaparpraeng, consumption controller at the Department of Culture.

thats a good one :o LOL... thanks for the prank ! ... I know we r in thailand (still anything is possible)... I also know we r the april's 1st ...

Okay, so I'm just stinkin' about this...I hardly ever drink at a pub, and often leave early. Have not gotten a massage in years. Okay with me.

I don't drink alcohol ever and rarely get a massage except when I have worked out too much - but I am adamantly opposed to such government interference. Anyone think about what women aged 20-30s who are supporting a family by working in a massage parlor - legitimate or otherwise - what are they going to do for money? And the reduction in income for the bars, etc. So counter-productive to the economy. And this is all suppose to promote 'family outings'? Really really stupid.

Massage parlour minimum age

On April 16, another controversial law is being enforced. After that date, massage parlors can no longer employ anyone under the age of 40, and are required to register all employees as such. This will minimize the request by customers for "extra services" which can cause problems with marriages and minor wives.

Great idea, get rid of all the inexperienced young chicks who don't know what they are doing and then can't keep theirs mouths shut.

:o:D:D

Massage parlours can no longer employ anyone under the age of 40

No point in coming to Thailand anymore.......Are they for real !!!!! With this mentality why don't they just ban all farrangs under the age of 85 unless accompanied with BOTH parents. New2thai Newbie

Have a look at the date today. April Fool