Thai Prison Mobile Phone Signals To Be Jammed

george

Prison mobilephone signals to be jammed

BANGKOK: -- As part of the justice ministry's policy to tackle drug abuse behind bars, mobilephone signals in prisons across the country will be jammed from Thursday.

Justice Minister Pirapan Salirathavibhaga has created 132 teams of antinarcotics agents, consisting of officers from the military, police and Office of Narcotics Control Board, to locate and arrest 815 drug traders in Bangkok and 420 drug users in the capital and its adjoining provinces in a non-violent campaign. The crusade kicked off Wednesday and runs until June 30.

-- The Nation 2009-04-01

Any idea how they plan to jam the signals, George? The technology is certainly available. I would love to see it used in restaurants and cinemas.

Hang on ... you will soon be able to use your mobile phone on an aircraft! I think I will have to SWIM to Thailand from Australia!

Peter

Can buy cellphone jammers in Hong kong in Sham Shui Po.

They're fab, i'd like to get one just to switch on under the fat chin of a Cantonese woman ranting on the phone at 100 decibels and see her face as her signal melts away bar by bar.

Somebody will lose tea money or charge more. :o:D:D

Any idea how they plan to jam the signals, George? The technology is certainly available. I would love to see it used in restaurants and cinemas.

Hang on ... you will soon be able to use your mobile phone on an aircraft! I think I will have to SWIM to Thailand from Australia!

Peter

The technology is available since the dawn of radio era.You can recreate wireless set used by Marconi or other radio pioneer(every country and nation have their own radio and aviation pioneers and inventors) using very simple materials and parts.One tin,couple of needles,some wires and battery will do.Any wireless telegraph set will jam everything around.

You must take care to remain undetected!