Non Immigrant B Clarification

I did a search but I need a bit of clarification -

I am planning on moving back to Thailand to start a business. I am looking for a 1 year Non Immigrant B Visa(multi-entry) .

I have gone to the Thai Embassy website but I a still a bit confused.

What information & documentation do I need to include with my application to send to the

Thai Embassy in Washington DC?

I am sure this has been covered before and your patience is very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

I doubt they will issue a multi entry visa - expect they will tell you to extend your stay after you set up the business. Multi entry is normally reserved for business travelers or those working for established companies in Thailand.

Best to try a Thai Consulate General such as Houston, Texas. They are reported to be easier to deal with. It may be easier to get a multiple-entry Non-Immigrant "O" visa for the first year in order to start your business. Try for the Non-Immigrant "B" visa first, but in actuality an "O" is just as good to get you going. Since you don't have a functioning business in Thailand, it is highly doubtful that you could convince the Thai Embassy in Washington, DC in issue you a Non-Immigrant "B" Visa.

Edited by InterestedObserver

Best to try a Thai Consulate General such as Houston, Texas. They are reported to be easier to deal with. It may be easier to get a multiple-entry Non-Immigrant "O" visa for the first year in order to start your business. Try for the Non-Immigrant "B" visa first, but in actuality an "O" is just as good to get you going. Since you don't have a functioning business in Thailand, it is highly doubtful that you could convince the Thai Embassy in Washington, DC in issue you a Non-Immigrant "B" Visa.

Understand what you are getting at, but if his intention is to open a business in Thailand, he would be entitled to a Non-imm B, and the letter of invitation to persue the possibilty of setting up a business could from from a a legal firm in Thailand. ie the "B" in Non-imm B = Business, However dont think he will be issued a multi-entry Non-imm B in these circumstances from an Embassy.

Even people coming to Thailand working for MNC are usually only issued a single entry Non-imm B which is converted into a multi-entry once in country..

Understand what you are getting at, but if his intention is to open a business in Thailand, he would be entitled to a Non-imm B, and the letter of invitation to persue the possibilty of setting up a business could from from a a legal firm in Thailand. ie the "B" in Non-imm B = Business, However dont think he will be issued a multi-entry Non-imm B in these circumstances from an Embassy.

Even people coming to Thailand working for MNC are usually only issued a single entry Non-imm B which is converted into a multi-entry once in country..

From the Royal Thai Embassy website: Consular, Issuance of Visa, Non-Immigrant Visa Category "B" (Business). If the OP can meet these requirements then he is indeed "entitled" to a Non-Immigrant "B" visa from the Thai Embassy in Washington, D.C.

(2) Foreigners who wish to conduct business in Thailand must provide the following documents:-

· Letter from applicant's company indicating the applicant's position, length of employment, salary and purpose of visit(s) to Thailand

· Letter of invitation from trading or associated partners/ companies in Thailand · Corporate documents of associated partners/companies in Thailand such as:

1) Business registration or business license

2) List of shareholders

3) Company profile

4) Details of business operation

5) Map indicating location of the company

6) List of foreign workers

7) Balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax

[Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year]

Multi entry can only be issued by a Thai consular post abroad, not in country. What you mean I think is they get a one year extension in country, plus a multiple re-entry permit.

Or did I miss out on something?

Multi entry can only be issued by a Thai consular post abroad, not in country. What you mean I think is they get a one year extension in country, plus a multiple re-entry permit.

Or did I miss out on something?

Correct multiple re-entry permit..I wasnt being clear

• 7 months later...

Although not totally related to this situation mine is about the issuance of 'B' visa.

For the past 6 years I have received my Multi Non Imm O visa based on marriage from the UK. Last year it was due when I was in Bulgaria. I sent the form, copy of marriage certificate and copy of marriage translation (as normal for UK consulate Hull) and fee to the Sofia consulate. When I received my passport they had given me a Multi Non Imm 'B' instead of 'O'?

I do not conduct business or work here, so when I apply for Non 'O' next year, probably in Penang, will having had a 'B' visa previously cause any problem?

No but they may not issue a multi entry visa - many Consulates expect you to extend your stay at Immigration when married (and don't know that everyone does not qualify). Currently KL seems to be the most reliable source of multi entry but they would like to see a bank account of 100k or so (and the normal marriage certificate/wife ID card copy type paperwork). They have issued without proof of bank account giving advise to have next time so it is not a hard and fast rule yet.

No but they may not issue a multi entry visa - many Consulates expect you to extend your stay at Immigration when married (and don't know that everyone does not qualify). Currently KL seems to be the most reliable source of multi entry but they would like to see a bank account of 100k or so (and the normal marriage certificate/wife ID card copy type paperwork). They have issued without proof of bank account giving advise to have next time so it is not a hard and fast rule yet.

Thanks, I should have asked this question before buying tickets to Penang on Air Asia's deal. I've got a 5 day return so luckily there's no rush but we'll have to travel from Penang to KL consulate then as I want a multi O. an that be done in a day including getting the visa or is it a 2 day trip?