Documents Require For Non - O Visa?

I have just renewed my passport. Do I need to have the new passport certified by UK embassy , translated to Thai and approved by foreign affairs ministry?

By the way is it 2 or 3 months for the 400,000 Baht to be in the bank for my third renewal [ supporting Thai wife ].

Thanks

Immigration offices accept a passport as it is, without any certification by additional authorities.

For your marriage extension, the 400k must be in the account at least two months before the date of application (Thai Police Order 777/2551, clause 2.18(6)), but some immigration officers haven't updated their brains yet and still ask for three months.

--

Maestro

I think the B400K must be in your name only and not a joint a/c with your wife. Apparently, they like to see some movement (withdrawals and deposits) in it too. I would actually wait for 3 months as it can be a real pain getting your documents dated one specific day (TM7 form, letter from bank) and having to do them again as 2 months is too early.I wish they would give the requirements in simple English and in black n white!!

Thanks for your replies; I went to Suan phlu yesterday to ask for information regarding the 2 months or three months rule and was told it was three months. I could not get through on their helpline.

It is a slight problem for me since it will be April the 8th before I can go to Suan Phlu if I go with the 3 month rule(money paid in to meet 400,000 baht was paid in January 8). My deadline is April 11. It is just as well I did not leave the deposit any later!

Next year I will not leave things to the last minute.

You couldn't get through on the helpline? That's odd! Any time I phone, the phone is answered immediately in perfect English and all queries are dealt with promptly, professionally and politely. Same with the website. An updated and extremely helpful site which is hi-tech, state-of-the-art. Makes Singapore and Japan look like backwater Hicksvilles. :o

Edited by jamesjdaly

Thanks for your replies; I went to Suan phlu yesterday to ask for information regarding the 2 months or three months rule and was told it was three months.

It is a shame that they do not read the rules because it is 2 months.

What choice do you have though?