Car Theft

Hi all,

on Wednesday i had my car stolen from outside an office on Chaweng lake road (Moo 2).

The chances are that it was taken straight to the ferry & off the island. However, it may be tucked away in a small soi somewhere, (small chance i know)!

It's quite distinctive, bright mettalic blue 4 door 4x4 Toyota Vigo reg No 856 (Suratthani).

If anyone spots it could you please call me on 0878150524

Thanks.

Hi all,

on Wednesday i had my car stolen from outside an office on Chaweng lake road (Moo 2).

The chances are that it was taken straight to the ferry & off the island. However, it may be tucked away in a small soi somewhere, (small chance i know)!

It's quite distinctive, bright mettalic blue 4 door 4x4 Toyota Vigo reg No 856 (Suratthani).

Thanks.

Quite a good chance it's still on the Island as thieves would have been quite nervous about taking it to the ferry, as a quick stolen report would have alerted police to that venue even if the plates were changed. Quick call to Nathon etc. if the police were on the ball, which might be asking too much. If you have a policeman on your side you might ask them to check any paint shops. Anything obvious on the car apart from number ( probably changed ) taht would distinguish it? Big bump etc?

Sorry to hear about your trouble anyway.

Cheers. :o

Hi all,

Thanks.

Vigo's have a security coded key.have you had your car serviced of late?Have you lent yours keys to anyone? Just a thought.

Hi all,

Thanks.

:D to hear of your lost, by now I'm sure it has been painted, plate change etc. Hope you had full number one insurance because it is very remote to recover a stolen vechile and when they are recover they usually in very poor condition.

I know this could be a subject for another topic, but do anyone know how secure are these auto lock system are, I hear tell it is very easy for a theif to steal the signal as you lock and unlock your car?? Over to you. :D:o

sorry to hear of your trouble

I can honestly say that's the first car theft I've ever heard of on Samui.

Bikes, bicycles and house breaking yes , but that's the first car theft to come to my ears

Did you leave the keys in it ?

A witness says it went at about 9am, i was out untill 5pm. Plenty of time to get it away.

It would appear that a key was used, the thief went to the car, jumped in & drove off. Iv'e only owned the car a short time, so it's possible there's a key floating about. It was definitely locked as due to a spate of burglary's in the area i had my passport, work permit, tabien baan....... in it!!

Nightmare eh!!

Just a thought – but could it have possibly been a repossession job?? I spoke to a finance company manager last week and he has told me they are repossessing cars, bikes even houses all around the island at the moment. He has been involved with this company for the last 12 years and said he’s never seen is so bad. These people have all the technology to have your car away within a matter of seconds

=======================================================

A witness says it went at about 9am, i was out untill 5pm. Plenty of time to get it away.

It would appear that a key was used, the thief went to the car, jumped in & drove off. Iv'e only owned the car a short time, so it's possible there's a key floating about. It was definitely locked as due to a spate of burglary's in the area i had my passport, work permit, tabien baan....... in it!!

Nightmare eh!!

Checked that route already, no outstanding finance on it. Got all the documents from the bank that it was bought through.

Did you buy the car through the bank or from the bank ? Because if you bought from the bank as repossession , it all points to maybe the old owner, might have decided to do some repssessing of hs own.

Checked that route already, no outstanding finance on it. Got all the documents from the bank that it was bought through.

The key document is the registration book which is similar to a house book. If you have that then it is unlikely to be repossessed by the finance company as they would still have the book if there was outstanding money on it. If you don’t have the book then repossession is a possibility.

If the previous owner had problems in court, then there might be chances the courts seized it for security. If the previous owner was a farang with a Thai partner (husband / wife etc) then maybe it was originally in the Thai partners name and they have taken it as they consider it theirs ... just never heard of a car being stolen on Samui so a bit unusual but could happen.