Songkran Gifts For Condo

loskop

We have such nice staff working at our condo from office staff to security and maids and I would like to know if it is acceptable to

give them money as a gift. I thought that Songkran would be a good time to do this as sort of 'Happy New Year' gift as I would do at home for Xmas. Was planniing to put it in an enevelope for each one and give it to them as I see them.

Giving money is a cop out and you may find that is then expected from then on.

A gift of luxury food might be better understood as a gift - boxes of Brands Chicken Water are very popular items.

Maybe a mixed basket if you wish to show great favor?

How much were you thinking of?

Edited by Cuban

I've never heard of any Songkran gifts. (Other than maybe a water pistol for a friends kid).

I'd save your envelopes for New Years.

Songkran is Thai new year.

Don't think a gift is good idea, with exception of water pistol for friends kid.

Cheers

To show gratitude in Thailand,personally I feel money is correct; Go to a wedding,funeral, and everybody there will have donated cash. As stated above best give an amount on the basis that you may repeat it year after year without being too expensive. Why worry? give and see how your gifts are recieved....then you will know if it is viable to repeat the process again. I doubt anybody will be offended....I would expect quite the opposite.

To show gratitude in Thailand,personally I feel money is correct; Go to a wedding,funeral, and everybody there will have donated cash. As stated above best give an amount on the basis that you may repeat it year after year without being too expensive. Why worry? give and see how your gifts are recieved....then you will know if it is viable to repeat the process again. I doubt anybody will be offended....I would expect quite the opposite.

right, 4.000 THB per envelope would be the minimum without loosing face.

I am farang kee nok......no face to lose in my case.... :o .....each to their own.....I would say a clean crisp 500 baht note would be good.....in my humble opinion.

I am farang kee nok......no face to lose in my case.... :o .....each to their own.....I would say a clean crisp 500 baht note would be good.....in my humble opinion.

you are completely right, mate. But this was 15 years ago. Now it's 4.000 min without that lose of face.

And: being called farang kee nok is clearly much better than being called a Farang Lao.

hello, Where is your condo, I am envious of you....

The Thai culture in my understand is, usually everybody could give the gift on new year (the end of December and begining of January) example... you are the boss, give the gift for the faverite staff (hiding) but give the bonus for ever staff in your company. Thai people give the gift for friend, relative, or someone who you love in this time too.

On April 14 is family day, the children should show greatfull by go back home, cook for parents, buy gife for thier parents or even for elder relative, spend the time with family, go to make merit in the temple.

sawatdee bpee mai ka.