Koh Samui Thaivisa Party

Where on Samui  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a feeling that this will be a hilarious night out..

Members can't even agree on a venue without getting bitchy with each, i'd love to see what it'd be like with a few Sherberts inside some people... :o

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

koheesti:

Gee Mark, on the flip side are you so cheap that you can't afford the 30 baht worth of gas to drive up to Bangrak?

Sigh...you are missing my point altogether. Of course, some people might be at the doorstep of the venue, and some might be far away (anyone driving down from Korat?). My point is that if you want to go (and I said that I'd be willing to spend the time and money to go to the opposite end of Koh Tao, as an example), go -- don't sweat the cost.

The minibus idea is good only if everyone were to arrive at the "bus stop" at the same time.

We used to have these get-togethers from the Taiwan forum board and it was, "It's a such and such a place starting at 7:00pm." You either come or you don't.

As for not wanting to give the taxi drivers fares out of spite, well, yes, there is the principle thing. But if you want to come via taxi, do your best bargaining and get in. You know your are going to get cheated, no sense spoiling the evening before it even begins by getting huffy over a done deal.

By the way, I thought all the posters here were either successful business owners, retired wealthy people or self-sufficient layabouts. The money shouldn't be an issue (it the venue, stupid!), and wouldn't it be priceless to meet me? (And my bodyguards to protect me from the growing number of, "Try saying that to my face" or "I'd like to meet you in person" types here.) I mean, I'd pay 600 baht taxi fare to meet me....

Hey all,

I want to do a Big Thaivisa Party on Koh Samui in May or June!

We want to identify our "Home of Thaivisa in Samui" that can take care of our members for a night of fun.

Could be a big bar, a nice restaurant or a resort or hotel that welcomes us. We are open for all ideas

I'll do the marketing and promote the place so we fill it up for a great night.

Where is a good location on the island that Thaivisa can deal with to do a big Samui Thaivisa Members Party?

Please advise, we can discuss the date, time and details later, FIRST lets find THE place that you guys like.

Looking forward to your replies and ideas! Post photos and a map or description of the place you suggest!

George :D

A little list of our last parties, have a look:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Invitation-T...et-t136662.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Invitation-T...hi-t130360.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Invitation-O...bq-t131865.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Invitation-T...ty-t173878.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Invitation-T...Pa-t229576.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaivisa-Yea...-s-t229541.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bbq-Party-Fr...et-t194181.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Invitation-T...ty-t173878.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Invitation-T...sa-t149309.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Invitation-T...art-t51203.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaivisa-Bbq...ti-t178658.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Rumor-Thaivi...ay-t136190.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Invitation-F...0t-t201420.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thaivisa-s-6...ty-t211287.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bbq-Party-Fr...et-t194181.html

I just checked some of these links and saw nice things like :

- Buckwheats famous Mesquite smoked BBQ Ribs and a variety of snacks.

- Free local Beer

- Thaivisa T-shirt lucky draw etc.

Any chance there will be free drinks over here ? Or maybe free taxi's ? :o

I just checked some of these links and saw nice things like :

- Buckwheats famous Mesquite smoked BBQ Ribs and a variety of snacks.

- Free local Beer

- Thaivisa T-shirt lucky draw etc.

Any chance there will be free drinks over here ? Or maybe free taxi's ? :o

I think that's on the cards, George is away on holidays,I'm sure he will get things rolling when he gets back.

What about the Sunseeker bar at the Petcharat Marina in Bang Rack, they are used to big numbers being the main place to leave for the Full Moon party and it wouldn't look too empty if not many showed up. It is owned by two very experienced chefs from the UK so a good bit of grub could be laid on.

What about the Sunseeker bar at the Petcharat Marina in Bang Rack, they are used to big numbers being the main place to leave for the Full Moon party and it wouldn't look too empty if not many showed up. It is owned by two very experienced chefs from the UK so a good bit of grub could be laid on.

I agree. My previous post also suggested the Sunseeker. Prices very reasonable and draught beer on tap. Also very handy for those coming from KP.

The thread has been running 6 days now, lets give it a couple more days and then close it as 9-10 days really should be long enough to come to some kind of consensus.

'

wait, who am I kidding? This is the Samui forum :o Ok, lets give it till the 20th

The thread has been running 6 days now, lets give it a couple more days and then close it as 9-10 days really should be long enough to come to some kind of consensus.

'

wait, who am I kidding? This is the Samui forum :D Ok, lets give it till the 20th

April/May/June??? :o:D

good lord, listen to you people. who would want to spend an evening with any of you?

its a night out with a few beers, you think you were planning an armed convoy out of kabul.

good lord, listen to you people. who would want to spend an evening with any of you?

its a night out with a few beers, you think you were planning an armed convoy out of kabul.

We did that last week.

Take it your not coming? :o

:D yes mate but samui aint bangkok,its a big place with many locations all klm apart,also includes koh tao and koh phangnan,were talking boat trips here not trips down the freeway,but if we do need to get out of kabul will be sure to ask for your help. :o

Euh.... there's nothing but steep rocks at the opposite end of Koh Tao so leave that option out :o

I'm interested and although Seatran charges 1300 baht these days for Tao-Samui-Tao, the location of the party is not important when it's about the distance to Banrak pier.

More important is the distance from the party to the accommodation where I'll crash afterwards....

Do you really want to meet other posters in person? That's always been an issue for me. It isn't that I don't want to mix with people or anything, but the fact is that we form images and impressions of "people" according to their written words. Do you want to destroy that mental picture by meeting the actual figure?

Most people don't use their actual name, for whatever reason, so we usually don't even have a proper identification. I mean Václav Bělohradský rings differently than Gatorade, for example.

I resisted going to these functions by the Taiwan national forum board for a very long time. I didn't want my image of so-and-so poster to be changed by seeing the flesh suit that carried around the brain that I was communicating with.

I eventually did go and to be honest, it was a mixed bag. One of the guys who was a loose cannon on the site looked like I would have imagined him -- sort of like a guy who lived in an alley with a shopping cart. But mostly the experience destroyed all the images I had. One poster I particularly liked turned out to be very dull in person and grossly overweight. He words had intimated a very different human figure. Nothing wrong with being fat or boring, but after the meeting, his posts never had the same sparkle they did before.

Anyway, if I do come, I'll be the guy zipping up in a jet ski wearing a Big C plastic bag balaclava...

'

wait, who am I kidding? This is the Samui forum :D Ok, lets give it till the 20th

Good idea. This thread probably has the greatest number of unique users posting on it of any on the Samui/KPG/Tao forum so let's think about closing it.

If you want to have a party any time this century a decision as to a location will have to be made sooner rather than later. Because once it takes you 100 pages to decide on a location, it will then take you a further 100 pages to decide on a venue. Then another 100 pages to decide on a date. Mulitply that by the amount of time its taken you to argue over this one simple decision and then tell me it won't need to be closed at some point in the future :o

'

Good idea. This thread probably has the greatest number of unique users posting on it of any on the Samui/KPG/Tao forum so let's think about closing it.

If you want to have a party any time this century a decision as to a location will have to be made sooner rather than later. Because once it takes you 100 pages to decide on a location, it will then take you a further 100 pages to decide on a venue. Then another 100 pages to decide on a date. Mulitply that by the amount of time its taken you to argue over this one simple decision and then tell me it won't need to be closed at some point in the future :o

Where can I write to find out what the business model of Thaivisa.com is? I have received one mass email from George requesting I tag content so that it shows up higher in the Google rankings in hopes of building traffic to the site. We can all see that there are ads all over forum - some would say way more than necessary. Advertisers want people to see their ads. All this leads me believe that that the Thaivisa.com Advertising & Marketing Dept (not to mention the owners) would be THRILLED to have threads go hundreds of pages.

Now, to combine this with the thread topic...

Each of us probably has at least one place in mind that could host the event. Since this party is FOR US, why don't we get some kind of proposal from several places with what they will offer in terms of free or discounted food & drink and entertainment? After all, as slow as the islands are, a group of 20-30 long time residents many of whom would be new customers would be great for their business because we would be repeat customers and more likely to tell others to go to their place if we like it. We shouldn't have to go someplace and pay full price for everything when we are doing them a bigger favour then they will be doing us. A free BBQ (which many places already offer) and some free beer would be a bargain for what the venue would receive in return.

So I say, let the bidding begin! I'll call some people and see what they can come up with.

Do you really want to meet other posters in person? That's always been an issue for me. It isn't that I don't want to mix with people or anything, but the fact is that we form images and impressions of "people" according to their written words. Do you want to destroy that mental picture by meeting the actual figure?

Most people don't use their actual name, for whatever reason, so we usually don't even have a proper identification. I mean Václav Bělohradský rings differently than Gatorade, for example.

I resisted going to these functions by the Taiwan national forum board for a very long time. I didn't want my image of so-and-so poster to be changed by seeing the flesh suit that carried around the brain that I was communicating with.

I eventually did go and to be honest, it was a mixed bag. One of the guys who was a loose cannon on the site looked like I would have imagined him -- sort of like a guy who lived in an alley with a shopping cart. But mostly the experience destroyed all the images I had. One poster I particularly liked turned out to be very dull in person and grossly overweight. He words had intimated a very different human figure. Nothing wrong with being fat or boring, but after the meeting, his posts never had the same sparkle they did before.

Anyway, if I do come, I'll be the guy zipping up in a jet ski wearing a Big C plastic bag balaclava...

I think in general we would behave more civil to each other on this forum if we knew each other. For example, mattias and I are friends and we would go at each other now and then but if I didn't know him I might have gotten banned myself for going after him a lot harder because other than comic relief, his posts truly were pretty useless. (hey mattias, too bad you can't reply anymore :D:D:o:D )

So, one result of this party could be a kinder, gentler forum and then they could let go one or two of those forum "guardians" since they wouldn't be needed so much.

agree koheesti,actually meeting up with people you only know through the written word could dispell some wrong opinions of people,but as MW said,disappointments could be had as well.

A date or time fame needs to be fixed first,then a list of who can make it/wants to come with their location attached to reply.from there find a place equi distant for all.I like th eidea of a place that can do a BBQ.that way people can stand and mingle most of the time rather than a sit down do.

One person needs to organise,would have thought george would have been that person as it sounds like he's used to doing it,and it was his original post that suggested a get together.

Shouldn't you decide on an area first? And my point, which you clearly missed, was if you want to have this party sometime this year, decisions will have to be taken.

I keep missing points because people trying to make them in the first place aren't doing a good job at it. Your point was lost because you begin with a threat. Mark's point was lost because he began with an demeaning cheap charlie comment (mai pen rai now, Mark). It's easy to see how people can be distracted from the point when threatened or insulted.

If you had left out the threat of closure and simply posted the bold section above, then it would have been clear and I wouldn't have brought up how some of you are displaying the odd behaviour of actively trying to cause the owners to lose revenue.

George is on holiday. So, if koheesti wants to take up organizational reins, as he seems keen?

why not wait till george gets back.

If my understanding is correct, these Thaivisa parties are organized by Thaivisa, not the individual members. Thaivisa is a well known organisation over here, so they are in a much better position to negotiate good rates and sponsor contracts anyway.

All George asked in his first post was to suggest him a place and a date, something which seems to be quite difficult :o

So we will have to wait till George is back, and let him make the final decision.

George is on holiday. So, if koheesti wants to take up organizational reins, as he seems keen?

Thanks for that vote of confidence! :o

I think when he returns george would appreciate seeing a list of several venues to choose from and what they are offering in the way of food/drink/entertainment. We can help him out with that at least.

very good post

the poster and his image and the real person are often not identical...it could be a shock indeed for some to see that person in reality...especially the friendly, supposedly hiso Chinese female poster, always open for an erotic touch in the conversations who could be in reality a smelly, ultra fat, naked ?male?.

Thanks for that vote of confidence! :o

I think when he returns george would appreciate seeing a list of several venues to choose from and what they are offering in the way of food/drink/entertainment. We can help him out with that at least.

no slight intended,and yes a choice of venues is a very good idea.