Clean Feet?

bendejo

Well, the rains have arrived, and the streets are flooded.

I’m not afraid of getting wet, but the filth concerns me.

I usually wear deck-shoes, which, if the leather is well preserved, can just be rinsed out: a little bit of Dettol helps, for psychological reasons if nothing else. The feet get washed with Aesepso, my antiseptic soap of choice (Protex makes my skin peel). Stuff gets into the cuticles and under the toenails (I‘m sure if I dig I could find some sand in there from my trip to the beach a few months ago), but I try not to think about it.

I’m thinking of getting some heavy-duty rubber/plastic sandals.

How do you guys deal with it, other than staying in the car?

I have dirty feet most of the time.

Clean under your toenails with a moistened toothpick. Hard skin seems to absorb dirt, get one of those yellow pummy stones and take off the hard skin at first sign of cracking.

SBK,

nailbrush cannot always get deep under the toenails. Have you ever looked at many Thai peoples feet? They cannot clean under the toenails and cut the nails back and back and finish with nearly no nail at all.

I've found the moistened toothpick the best thing

Well, the rains have arrived, and the streets are flooded.

I'm not afraid of getting wet, but the filth concerns me.

I usually wear deck-shoes, which, if the leather is well preserved, can just be rinsed out: a little bit of Dettol helps, for psychological reasons if nothing else. The feet get washed with Aesepso, my antiseptic soap of choice (Protex makes my skin peel). Stuff gets into the cuticles and under the toenails (I'm sure if I dig I could find some sand in there from my trip to the beach a few months ago), but I try not to think about it.

I'm thinking of getting some heavy-duty rubber/plastic sandals.

How do you guys deal with it, other than staying in the car?

Wellington boots, or waders if the waters are that deep :o:D

If you are married to a loyal, genuine Thai woman, I am, you should never clean your own feet. She should do that, as she'll see that as part of her duties. I only wear flip flops, never shoes or socks, my wife will clean my feet and manicure my nails before I go out. She says she is scared that if I'm seen by other women with dirty feet they will think bad of her.

Coventry, you are a lucky man.

My missus does give my feet a going over occasionally and very enjoyable it is.

I'm in the garden so often, wearing only flipflops and my feet get filthy - she' have a full time job trying to keep them looking good,

If you are married to a loyal, genuine Thai woman, I am, you should never clean your own feet. She should do that, as she'll see that as part of her duties. I only wear flip flops, never shoes or socks, my wife will clean my feet and manicure my nails before I go out. She says she is scared that if I'm seen by other women with dirty feet they will think bad of her.

wow how different to my ex wife in OZ.

me: hon do you mind grabbing me a beer from the fridge while your up

the witch: GET YOUR OWN F ING BEER IM NOT YOUR F ING SLAVE!

Cut your toenails and buy a pair of 12-15 inch high rubber boots at Tesco for about 150B. They come in large sizes. Be sure to buy them before a big rain comes as they sell out quickly.

One of my best purchases over here.

PS --Don't even think about taking your shoes off to wade thru the water puddles to get to your hotel/house. Too much glass, dog crap, missing grates, etc to make life dangerous. Not worth it.