Dell Is Testing Windows 7 Beta

Guest Reimar

Guest Reimar

Dell is testing Windows 7 Beta on an wide range of Dell Computers.

They found that Windows 7 compare to Vista is not only faster, it's more stable as well.

According to Dell, nearly all drivers (Vista) are working juist fine. Also the compatibility of application are better than in Vista. Transcoding of Media files are much faster than in Vista or XP.

As you guy could remember, Dell was one of the first companies which were "going back" to Windows XP a few years ago. But Dell hasn't tested Vista in it's Beta stage and that they testing Windows 7 now, is a clear mark that they will go with Windows 7. It also shows that Dell is working for to make them computers fully co,patible with the future Version of Windows.

In the real, that is also a kind remark for Microsoft and the Dell customer and for the latter and all Windows user to start to think about to change in the near future to the new Windows.

Cheers.

Guest Reimar
How many new threads on windows 7 news (and I use 'news' very loosely here) will this forum bear ??

Did you have any problems with it?

This is an open public forum and any member can start topic's as long as they stay to the rules. There not any other limitation.

Such as any post done by any member reflecting the personal view of that member, so is it for topics.

If you have any problem with special post's or thread's (topic's), please feel free to contact support[at]thaivisa.com or use the Report function.

How many new threads on windows 7 news (and I use 'news' very loosely here) will this forum bear ??

The official forumula is complex and secret, but the answer is: roughly less than the number of new threads on MaxNet performance. :o

Guest Reimar

The official forumula is complex and secret, but the answer is: roughly less than the number of new threads on MaxNet performance. :o

:D :D

Agree 100%. 

No offence Reimar but maybe it's time you started a dedicated sub-branch like the Linux in Thailand one just for Windows 7, or possibly a Microsoft in Thailand sub-branch.

Edited by jeffer

:D:D

I doubt if anyone would object if as a super moderator Reimar was to merge the different MaxNet performance threads into one...  

Guest Reimar

If you guy's would really take a closer look, you would have seen that this is an DELL-Windows 7 thread which has nothing or just a little to do with the pinned thread or others.

Merging is fine as long as the that threads are about the exact same, which isn't in many perspectives!

About MaxNet thread to merging, that would be the same.

Finally: it stays as it is.

Cheers.

It actually runs fine as it is.

On topic, I installed win7 on a vostro today, and all devices were recognised out of the box, except for the memory card reader, for which I needed to install the driver from the dell website. This on x64, pretty good.

Guest Reimar
It actually runs fine as it is.

On topic, I installed win7 on a vostro today, and all devices were recognised out of the box, except for the memory card reader, for which I needed to install the driver from the dell website. This on x64, pretty good.

On my old Acer Aspire (3 years) everything was just working fine and ALL drivers as well. Not one Driver was need to reinstall after I changed to 7068!

In Vista I and even the Acer people wasn't able to get the Bluetooth to run and in Windows 7 was running since 7000!

And for sure faster tha Vista and even faster as the original from that Laptop: XP Media Center, while the latter had min once a week a BSOD! I had to reinstall XP the first year, until I changed to Vista, more than 5 times. It was the most bad OS I ever had run!

what about pro software/hardware users who still mostly run xp?

drivers for my motu firewire sound card not likely

xp will be around for many many years

Old Sound Cards (5-12 years old) I tested with Windows 7, all were working. For some I had to set the driver to compatibility Mode XP to get them to work. But all were working finally! Also 18 years old software, famous programs I work many years with, which were not working in Vista anymore, now working again!!

From daily use, in office as well, the experiences I have: the best MS OS since Windows 3.11!

Cheers.