American Cake Frosting

Tony you know its very easy to make your own, right? Icing sugar, flavorings (cocoa or vanilla or whatever) butter and a little bit of milk. Of course, it helps if you have electric beaters.

If villa, tops, emporium or central world doesn't have it, you're probably out of luck. Villa might be the best bet, i might have seen it there but i'm not sure.

yeah my standard is to check villa/emporium, then post on here.

stuff seems to come and go at various locations.

If villa, tops, emporium or central world doesn't have it, you're probably out of luck. Villa might be the best bet, i might have seen it there but i'm not sure.

yeah my standard is to check villa/emporium, then post on here.

stuff seems to come and go at various locations.

Tops on suk soi 41 sometimes has stuff that villa/emporium/central don't have. In the future you might want to drop by there too if you are looking for something.

powdered sugar and water is what icing is composed of...whats up with waxy thai icing?

Don't cook much do you? :o SBK is right on......if you mix the butter thoroughly into the powdered sugar first, then add your wet ingredients a bit at a time, it

makes it easier to mix if you don't have a mixer or want to do a bit by hand.

Beachbunny

• 1 month later...

Have seen that nasty canned stuff at Villa, but all those chemicals...and lordy the price!

Even a non cook can do it at home...easy as well...cake!

Get one package of icing sugar, sometimes called powdered sugar. They only sell a small pack here, look where they sell the cake mixes and other baking supplies, usually on the bottom shelf. Tops always has it, Carrefour occasionally has it.

Regular crstal sugar WILL NOT WORK EVER!

Get 125gm non-salted butter, even salted butter would be Ok. Take it out of the fridge and get to room temp and all soft.

Mix them well together with a spoon, add a drop or two of vanilla extract, flavored syrup, or fruity cordial liqueur for flavor.

Add the flavoring drop by drop or your icing will get too runny.

Frost your cake and enjoy. Miss Duncan Hines never tatsed this yummy!