Bkk To Lon - Price Advice Please

Ratler00

Hi,

Having helped my girlfriend obtain a visa I am now in the process of trying to sort her out with flight from BKK to LHR or BHX on 18/6/09 returning 1/7/09. I would ideally like her to fly direct.

The difficulty I can see immediately is that the flight prices on the current UK exchange rates are really quite steep.

I am experienced at what I should be paying direct/in-direct from LHR to BKK but this is new to me and I really don't know what a 'good' price would be. I would be most grateful for some guidance from those 'in the know'.

I have had a look at some of the sites on here using search and the best I have seen so far is indirect with Cathay at 30k baht and direct with Eva at 41.5k baht.

Am I going to be better of booking later on? Am I likely to get a better rate through an agent whilst I am here (until 13/4)? Should I just go for the Cathay?

Thank you very much

Matthew

Forget the Air Asia KL - Stanstead, by the time you pay the extras for any luggage, food or entertainment....which you will need on a 13 hour flight and then getting to KL it is more expensive than a flight from BKK.

I had the same problem a month or so ago....booked with Thai air direct at 39,000 but with U.K credit card so was almost 800 quid....same flight from LDN - BKK was just over 400, so almost double....Sri Lanka are normally cheap at about 28,000 inclusive but via coloumbo and they always seem to get delayed because cant fly there at night, so not so good.

Matt,

If she does not mind traveling, why not use Virgin Atlantic from Hong Kong, very cheap, no problem getting flights to Hong Kong, and she does not need a Visa to enter Hong Kong.

For those dates the flight would cost around 19,000Baht, flights to Hong Kong under 8000baht.

Just an alternative.