Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Easter Eggs?

Chrissygunn

Make your own. The fun part is doing it with kids. It's really quite simple. Just boil the egg for 5 minutes in a food dye. that turns it into a hard boiled egg you can then decorate. Use a fine brush and paint it with any design you wish. If you really want to get creative then drill a hole in either end and blow out the contents inside. Then use the egg shell carefully to create whatever you want. The highly decorated Ukranian eggs are beautiful. Research how they are made.

Make your own. The fun part is doing it with kids. It's really quite simple. Just boil the egg for 5 minutes in a food dye. that turns it into a hard boiled egg you can then decorate. Use a fine brush and paint it with any design you wish. If you really want to get creative then drill a hole in either end and blow out the contents inside. Then use the egg shell carefully to create whatever you want. The highly decorated Ukranian eggs are beautiful. Research how they are made.

Ian! don't really want to be pedantic but five minutes is not gonna produce a "hard boiled egg" :o

I have three Faberge' eggs, sadly not the real and original.

The Ukranian ones (the women) would give the most beautiful Thai lass a run for her money though......

Edited by john b good

Ian! don't really want to be pedantic but five minutes is not gonna produce a "hard boiled egg" :D

I was thinking the same thing.

The Ukranian ones (the women) would give the most beautiful Thai lass a run for her money though......

I was thinking the same thing. More like 15-20 minutes. :D

I agree with that too. :o

Ian! don't really want to be pedantic but five minutes is not gonna produce a "hard boiled egg" :D

:o:D:D

Okay, you win. I forgot how long it took to boil an egg hard enough to make an easter egg. It's been a LONG time since I did that. I eat a lot of eggs, but I cook them Thai style in a wok.

But, I DID make many of the painted eggs when my kids were growing up. They STILL have a few I painted Ukranian style.

Havent seen any chocolate eggs around.

If you decide to go for home made decorative eggs and want to keep them, may i suggest blowing out the yoke. Just google "blowing out egg yoke", if you are not sure how to do it. That way you have complete egg that will last (but i recommend googling for the best way of preserving the paint colour too).

Traditionally (well as far as i can recall) a normal hard-boiled decorated egg is for rolling down a hill. When the shell cracks, you just eat it.

You can actually make your own chocolate eggs too, if you get a oval moulds. Or find something you can use as a mould (again, just google) Or, can make oval chocolate truffles or similar in mini easter egg shapes.

Lots of different opportunities for fun with kids anyway. Best of luck.

When is easter anyway?

EDIT: Never mind, googled it. It's April 12.. So that clashes with Songkran. So I'm going to forget about it. (Other than waiting outside the Seventh Fountain church at 11am with some buckets of water of course)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Havent seen any chocolate eggs around.

If you decide to go for home made decorative eggs and want to keep them, may i suggest blowing out the yoke. Just google "blowing out egg yoke", if you are not sure how to do it. That way you have complete egg that will last (but i recommend googling for the best way of preserving the paint colour too).

Traditionally (well as far as i can recall) a normal hard-boiled decorated egg is for rolling down a hill. When the shell cracks, you just eat it.

You can actually make your own chocolate eggs too, if you get a oval moulds. Or find something you can use as a mould (again, just google) Or, can make oval chocolate truffles or similar in mini easter egg shapes.

Lots of different opportunities for fun with kids anyway. Best of luck.

Thank-you very much for all the tips...I'd forgotten all about painted eggs. Actually we'd forgotton about Easter too until preminded by chocolate hungry children. thanks again, I appreciate the help.[