Calling All Men!

missmoneypenny

The terms "youngish" and "normal" need defining paticularly with respect to the location (Bangkok).

But I'm sure there are hordes of "youngish normal" men here on ThaiVisa after all nobody admits to be here for the cheap sex, nobody is educated below PhD level and we are all young :o relatively speaking. :D

you should organise a bkk meet up. have a look at prior threads they have all been successful

Boo, obviously you weren't at our last one at the Huntsmen...wherein the average age was around 50...despite Thithis valient attempt at lowering the curve a bit.

However, that being said, if we organise one at a 'younger' venue, no doubt the 'hip' crowd will show up in greater numbers.

Until then, I suggest for the OP to try Khao San Road or the clubs up Rachada way. But then again, that's not really after work unless you are employed in the business.

I think there was a thread recently about nightclubs that attracted the 'trendy crowd' - may be a place to look.

I am a 23 year old australian female,i've lived in Bangkok for 2months now and am yet to find where youngish normal men hang out after work for drinks etc

please someone give me some insight to this seemingly non existent world!

If you are looking for that sort of things perhaps you would be happier in Australia?

well its a secret bar on Sukhumvit Soi 8........run by a Kiwi guy but don't hold that against him. Its a good family type bar/pub....no bar girls allowed. Lots of Kiwis and Aussies hang out there (dam_n if I can understand what most of them are saying). The name of the bar is.......... Soi 8 Pub

well its a secret bar on Sukhumvit Soi 8........run by a Kiwi guy but don't hold that against him. Its a good family type bar/pub....no bar girls allowed. Lots of Kiwis and Aussies hang out there (dam_n if I can understand what most of them are saying). The name of the bar is.......... Soi 8 Pub

yes a good place, but don't get her hopes tooooo high. yes on a friday after work you will see a few of the younger generation, but for the most part i would wager that the demographic leans closer to the 30+ bracket.

I am a 23 year old australian female,i've lived in Bangkok for 2months now and am yet to find where youngish normal men hang out after work for drinks etc

If you are looking for that sort of things perhaps you would be happier in Australia?

Perhaps she would wasabi but theres no need for you to be so rude about it. Did it ever strike you that she may be working here in bkk & unable to locate other expats for friendship & support? She wasnt wingeing, just asking & your rude comment didnt add anything, did it?

Perhaps she would wasabi but theres no need for you to be so rude about it. Did it ever strike you that she may be working here in bkk & unable to locate other expats for friendship & support? She wasnt wingeing, just asking & your rude comment didnt add anything, did it?

Actually my comment was quite polite and left a large portion of the TV populace with a feeling of mirth and good will as I was able to address the problem with such tender grace and uncommon whilst refreshing sensitivity towards the female population.

You know it's not everyday we here at TV come across someone like me. A man who's read Eat, Pray, Love, who wished for Hillary Clinton to be president and watches Oprah. It's just my deep seated belief that all people are created equal, that regardless of sex race or religion we all deserve the same chances in life.

Edited by wasabi

Ohh wasabi, my initial comment was made tongue in cheek, as I am sure there are some decent males out there in bkk, its just you have to work your way sadly past all those dribbling sexpats & other fools getting about the place with women a fraction of their age etc etc.

I would hate to be a single young female looking for friendship in bkk, its there but its not gonna jump up and bite her & its not one of the safest places on the earth either.

Anyway, back to your barstool, you rude rude man :o

Patinbkk,

I would take the aussie girl anyday over most of the other options, at least shes probably going to be down to earth & not out to extract all ones cash.

Having said that, the girl is simply looking to make friends with some other expats, crikey, whats wrong with you people.

I can't help you much--but hopefully more than some posters on this thread. I used to live in the Silom area and occasionally went to a couple of Irish pubs in the area. They had an after work crowd with rather young business types. It was pretty much dominated by farangs but there were plenty of well-educated Thais in the place as well. A number of Embassy employees also hung around those places.

Don't know if they have the same clientele, but it might be a place to start.

Patinbkk,

I would take the aussie girl anyday over most of the other options, at least shes probably going to be down to earth & not out to extract all ones cash.

Having said that, the girl is simply looking to make friends with some other expats, crikey, whats wrong with you people.

I think you missed the point.....my comment was made in jest asmost guys on this website that have a Thai lady quote one of the 3 points I made and I find it hilarious.....why are they trying to justify there girlfriends....

Try Nana Plaza on Sukhumvit soi 4 or "soi Cowboy" just off Asoke at Sukhumvit. I am sure you will find many of your male Roo counterparts there after they have finished their teaching work on most nites of the week.

OK I have read the wonderfully helpful replies, so I will try to be a little more helpful. Why not try the bars where the younger English teachers hang out? many of the other replies I think are quite genuine in a way because most ex pat males in Bangkok in my experience are older enough to be your father, me being one of them.

I suggest the Witches Tavern on Sukhumvit Soi 55, Thonglor, not to long by the sky train from the center. There seem to be quite a few younger people in there on Wednesday nights and the bonus is that the drinks are free for the fairer sex.

Good Luck,

Cheers, Rick

Blimey

the poor girl,asking her to go to a bar full of english teachers.

ARE YOU MAD

DO you want her bored out of her mind.

So Mr helpful where else would you find younger people and free drinks in Bangkok. She speaks the same language so whats your issue?

Your comments are always welcome.

Cheers, Rick

Does the O.P. have friends here?

If so then speak with your friends about going out on certain nights to pubs, most pubs in Bangkok have regular clients and so after a while you could get to say "hello" to somebody and then see what happens from there. It is usually the breaking of the ice that is the hardest part but it is easier if you are regulars in the same pub.

If a certain pub isn't to your liking then move on. You might not meet somebody quickly but at least you can have a laugh with your friends in the meantime.

Couple of years back, places like the dubliners, londener brew pub and the bull's head would be frequented by youngish expat professionals, don't know about now though. I'm only 26 but i'm far from normal, so that kind of counts me out :o Another thing to do would be to go get some thai lessons, there are usually a couple of younger people taking thai classes. Don't know of anywhere else to be honest, i think you might have more luck on the islands than in bangkok.

Me is nice foreigner and fully in touch with himself, spiritual and fun loving mind.

Young in hearth and mind.

Not taken as I feel I am no body's property.

Totally independent and a free mind.

Let us hug some trees together.

:o