One-two-go Blacklisted By The Ec

LostBro

Speaking by phone from a train platform in Tokyo, Mr Udom said he didn't think the listing was related to safety issues, but rather to the fact that the EU commonly blacklists carriers who don't own their own aircraft, even though operating leased aircraft is common in Asia.

This would merely be hilarious, if it weren't that this guy sets the policy on safety-issues & maintenance, for his companies.

Just how credulous does he think the travelling-public are ? :o

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking by phone from a train platform in Tokyo, Mr Udom said he didn't think the listing was related to safety issues, but rather to the fact that the EU commonly blacklists carriers who don't own their own aircraft, even though operating leased aircraft is common in Asia.

This would merely be hilarious, if it weren't that this guy sets the policy on safety-issues & maintenance, for his companies.

Just how credulous does he think the travelling-public are ? :o

Here's the link to the list of airlines banned by the EC: "http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/pdf/list_en.pdf" Just looking at the list, it is clear that it has nothing to do with owned/leased aircraft and all to do with the Airlines and the Civil Aviation Authority (in this case, the DCA). Indonesia, 1 in Korea and then Africa.

...Just how credulous does he think the travelling-public are ? :o

IMO, most foreigners either assume it's like a proper western airline, or they don't know about it, or they don't give a dämn because they think it'll never happen to them.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/economics/14846/

Aviation authorities want carrier taken off EU blacklist

One-Two-Go reforms defended

By: BOONSONG KOSITCHOTETHANA Published: 10/04/2009 at 12:00 AMNewspaper section: Business The inclusion of One-Two-Go Airlines on the European Union's latest blacklist of unsafe carriers has upset Thai aviation authorities, who petitioned yesterday for an immediate withdrawal.

Thailand's Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) sent a letter of protest to the European Commission's Air Safety Committee in Brussels hours after the EU released a list of 16 airlines banned from its airports for poor safety records.

As well as the Thai budget carrier, the list originally released in November included Motor Sich Airlines of Ukraine, six carriers from Kazakhstan and all airlines from Benin in west Africa.

Wuthichai Singhamanee, the DCA deputy director-general, said the department "was puzzled and regretted" the EU action, which damaged the reputation of Thailand's aviation industry.

He said One-Two-Go had passed rigorous DCA audits of aspects including safety, quality assurance systems and organisational structure - concerns that had grounded the airline for most of the second half of last year.

The grounding came after the DCA discovered substandard safety and management practices, and falsification of documents by some pilots.

A wave of litigation was also launched against the airliner in US courts by relatives of victims of the Sept 16, 2007 Phuket crash. An MD-82 jetliner operated by the carrier crashed in strong winds and heavy rain after attempting to land at Phuket International Airport, leaving 89 dead and 41 injured.

Apart from the effect on its image, One-Two-Go has no impact from the blacklist as it only operates in Thailand.

"There should not be any question about the airline's safety as the DCA's standards also came under the scrutiny of EU itself which gave a seal of endorsement recently," said Mr Wuthichai.

Orient Thai Airlines, the parent of One-Two-Go, provides all its aircraft and crew. It was also given a pass by EU safety officials in an audit last month, Mr Wuthichai explained.

He noted that the DCA had revoked the Air Operator's Certificate (AOC), the commercial transport licence for airlines, for One-Two-Go as suggested by EU officials on March 27, simply to satisfy EU aviation regulations but these had nothing to do with the safety issues.

EU regulations require airlines to own at least one aircraft. One-Two-Go's fleet of MD-80 is leased from Orient Thai.

[ who leases from Grand MAx a Bahamian registered company owned by Udom's wife ..Cozy ]

"Isn't it strange to say One-Two-Go is unsafe as its entire operation, for commercial purposes, is carried out by the EU-approved Orient Thai?" he said.

One-Two-Go is the second Thai airline on an EU blacklist. In March 2006, the EU banned Phuket Airlines along with 91 carriers from flying to all 25 EU states for failing to pass safety tests.

The decision stemmed from an incident on April 3, 2005 when some passengers claimed they saw "flames and sparks" from a Phuket Airlines' Boeing 747-200 taxiing for takeoff from Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates, during a stopover on the Bangkok-London route.

Phuket Airlines had denied the allegations but took remedial steps to get off the blacklist.

Yeah, so Blacklist OT too

Landed at BKK on a domestic flight before new yr gotta say was a bit scared for first time in my life.

sitting at the exit seat nr the wing (always best seat for quick exits+legroom of course), I noticed what appeared like 1square foot hole on the leading edge(upper side) 2/3rds of the way along wing from fuselage.

All the way during the flight there was flapping tape (quite noisy) around the percieved hole.

Call me old fashioned but shouldnt it be repaired properly(I'm a great admirer of gaffer tape but not at those speeds)

told crew about it but they said they already knew (not reassuring,probably a stock response)

been on a 100 planes never seen that one b4.

Do bits get bashed out of wings by suicidal birds?

took some good pictures on phone(flight mode!) but they do show what airline (no its not 12go either),

Is this off topic,I'd thought I pop it in here anyway.

Got a flight from Lagos to Rio once on Varig (707)...next week it crashed in West African jungle....

Also Viet nam Air from Bangers to PP...and next week...same...in PP......remember....

1992 Stung Treng Kampu...UN Chopper ....again....

anybody want to fly with me.. :D ..som na na

Did I mention the time i went on the Concorde....................... :o

You have these nationality laws that ban foreigners from this occupation for domestic flights. Employment should be based on qualifications not nationality. This is why Thailands has airlines that are banned from flying to the EU.

Reminds me when I was Indonesia, any government job (not sure airstaff) required a payment of $3000 to get it,that was the only qualification(obviously official tour guides were uninterested,non english speaking etc)

Obviously full of middle class twits who knew nothing(great country though!).

Orient Thai was recruiting for an in office flight responsible worker and the number one requisite; " Pride of Thai " The job description was a list that seemed to me would have required 3 workers, yet only one year of experience was required .

I would not fly ANY Thai airline and that includes Thai Airways. The DCA is a corrupt and negligent as everything else- safety is completely voluntary and with the troubles THAI is having..

In fact I'll only fly Malaysia Air and Singapore and their regional offshoots, the rest of SE Asia doesn't give a dam_n.

The commission, the E.U.'s executive body, has added Thailand's One Two Go Airlines

When did 1-2 -Go reach Europe?

It mainly caters for poverty packers in Thailand.

http://www.fly12go.com/

1-2-Go is a domestic airline. It don't even do regional. I don't think they give a <deleted> if EC ban them or not.

That maybe so, but it's a warning to travellers from the EU not to use them. I certainly wouldn't. Ever.

I had a pretty frightening experience with one 2 go the day before the Phuket air crash. I was flying from BKK to Surat Thani with a few mates, on final approach to Surat 5-10 mins from landing and the pilot put the engines on full throttle as though we had decended too early, it felt like we were taking emergeny measures, I was close to the engines and it scared the living cr@p out of me. I had a good look at the locations of the emergency exits and tried to plan my way out but I really didn't fancy my chances of getting out of the very cramped cabin in a hurry.

I have flown countless times with budget airlines all over Asia and I am normally very comfortable in fact I pretty much always enjoy it but this was not an experience I would care to repeat.

The departure lounge at suvarnabhumi was the same one used for the Phuket flight and hear the same flight number being called, I couldn't help but imagine the people waiting for thier flight the following day excited about thier holidays etc.

I would never fly with one 2 go again, however I have felt fairly happy with Air Asia and Nok Air whenever I flown with them.

The commission, the E.U.'s executive body, has added Thailand's One Two Go Airlines

When did 1-2 -Go reach Europe?

It mainly caters for poverty packers in Thailand.

http://www.fly12go.com/

1-2-Go is a domestic airline. It don't even do regional. I don't think they give a <deleted> if EC ban them or not.

That maybe so, but it's a warning to travellers from the EU not to use them. I certainly wouldn't. Ever.

I don't think they care if EU travellers wants to you them or not. The bulk of the passengers are Thai (NOT Farang). Farang fly Thai Airways clash all the time (Nepal (1992 all dead), Surat (1998 nearly all dead), etc(2001)). I hope you don't fly THAI too. Bangkok Airways clash too (1990 Samui all dead).

But Thai AirAisa (FD) never clash ever (yet). Go fly Thai AirAsia (was 50% Thaksin own, still is, via proxy) on their fleet of mostly old B737-300 (very few A320). Malaysian AirAsia (AK) has already gone 100% A320.

I don't think they care if EU travellers wants to you them or not. The bulk of the passengers are Thai (NOT Farang). Farang fly Thai Airways clash all the time (Nepal (1992 all dead), Surat (1998 nearly all dead), etc(2001)). I hope you don't fly THAI too. Bangkok Airways clash too (1990 Samui all dead).

But Thai AirAisa (FD) never clash ever (yet). Go fly Thai AirAsia (was 50% Thaksin own, still is, via proxy) on their fleet of mostly old B737-300 (very few A320). Malaysian AirAsia (AK) has already gone 100% A320.

The word is "crash", not "clash".

The word is "crash", not "clash".

Who ilected you to the Spiling polis? :o:D

Bit off topic but heard about the Russian Aeroflot pilot on take off slurring his words(mixing Russian and English). Passengers were all freaked out to f__k and eventually he came out of the cockpit and told them (apparently looking very drunk) that it didnt matter cuz the plane virtually flew itself!!

(they didnt take off)

EU Bans Thai, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Benin Airlines From EU

BRUSSELS (Dow Jones)--The European Commission banned airlines from Thailand, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Benin from flying to the European Union because of safety concerns, it said Wednesday.

The commission, the E.U.'s executive body, has added Thailand's One Two Go Airlines, all airlines from Benin, six carriers from Kazakhstan and Ukraine's Motor Sich Airlines to its blacklist of airlines not allowed to fly to the bloc, it said in a statement.

The commission regularly publishes a list of passenger and cargo airlines which are banned from flying to its 27 member countries because they aren't considered safe enough.

Air Company Kokshetau, ATMA Airlines, Berkut Air, East Wing, Sayat Air and Starline KZ are the Kazakhstan carriers banned Wednesday.

---

The only other countries with airlines on the EC list are: Kazakhstan, Korea, Sudan, Afghanistan, Cambodia, Ukraine, Angola, Benin, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Kyrgyz, Liberia, Gabon, Sierra Leone, and Swaziland.

One to Go, is a subsidiary of Orient Thai. They have another subsidiary by the name of Kampuchea Airlines. All in all they do not have an enviable safety record. They were all banned full stop from flying anywhere "at all" for several months last year.

Don't know whether there has been any change but all of Indonesia's 51 airlines were banned in the EU last year. That in in it's self has gotta tell you something :o

Asia's airlines (the vast majority anyway) have pretty shonky safety records.

Fly at your own risk.

Edited by john b good

heard a pilot once say 'Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing'

Pardon our old aircrafts. To make up for it, all our pilots are new.

:D

We just washed our aircraft, but someone left the cockpit-windows open, so our pilots are now wet behind the ears. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Phuket Wan reports that the report on the crash is delayed for the 4th time

, this time until August .

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phuket-air-cr...t-months-11111/

>>>>>>>>>>>

<h1 class="title">Phuket Air Crash: 'Report Three Months Off'</h1> By Alan Morison

Thursday, May 14, 2009 THE FINDINGS of the investigation into the One-Two-Go air crash on Phuket will not be made public until August at the earliest, a British newspaper is reporting.

A British Member of Parliament has been pressing for a date so that the inquests on four people who were victims of the crash can be held.

One-Two-Go Flight 269 crashed on September 16, 2007, while attempting a landing in squalls and heavy rain at Phuket airport.

The pilot froze at the controls, it has been claimed, and as a result, 90 crew and passengers died.....

>>>>>>>>>>>

For more , go to link

>>>>>>>>>>>

<h1 class="title">Phuket Air Crash: 'Report Three Months Off'</h1> By Alan Morison

Thursday, May 14, 2009 THE FINDINGS of the investigation into the One-Two-Go air crash on Phuket will not be made public until August at the earliest, a British newspaper is reporting.

A British Member of Parliament has been pressing for a date so that the inquests on four people who were victims of the crash can be held.

One-Two-Go Flight 269 crashed on September 16, 2007, while attempting a landing in squalls and heavy rain at Phuket airport.

The pilot froze at the controls, it has been claimed, and as a result, 90 crew and passengers died.....

>>>>>>>>>>>

For more , go to link

Maybe Thai people should learn to turn down the aircond.

• 2 weeks later...

>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>

For more , go to link

Maybe Thai people should learn to turn down the aircond.

Poor attempt at humour, 90 people died and the sister of one uses this thread.