Road Closures In Pattaya.

thaibeachlovers

Read in the Bangkok Post that there are to be road closures for the big Pow wow.

Anyone know where they will be, and will they affect me escaping Songkran on Sunday, via the North Rd. bus station?

Seems like with all the trouble in Bangkok and possibly here, that I might be faced with the prospect of Songkran in Pattaya- oh no!

This afternoon, lots of plod on Second Rd. outside Avenues. Just standing around. Perhaps they are anticipating a red shirt attack on Macdonalds! LOL.

Read in the Bangkok Post that there are to be road closures for the big Pow wow.

Anyone know where they will be, and will they affect me escaping Songkran on Sunday, via the North Rd. bus station?

Seems like with all the trouble in Bangkok and possibly here, that I might be faced with the prospect of Songkran in Pattaya- oh no!

This afternoon, lots of plod on Second Rd. outside Avenues. Just standing around. Perhaps they are anticipating a red shirt attack on Macdonalds! LOL.

Think you should be all right in North Pattaya, It's already happening even before the pow wow starts but the main chaos seems to be centred around the area from Central Pattaya to Jomtien. From my own personal experience the last couple of days locals are apparently being blocked from any direct route between Jomtien and Pattaya and left to meander around the minor back roads until they can find a road that the BiB will let them turn out on. Not frustrating at all! :o

Think you should be all right in North Pattaya, It's already happening even before the pow wow starts but the main chaos seems to be centred around the area from Central Pattaya to Jomtien. From my own personal experience the last couple of days locals are apparently being blocked from any direct route between Jomtien and Pattaya and left to meander around the minor back roads until they can find a road that the BiB will let them turn out on. Not frustrating at all! :o

Thanks, hope you are right.

"Thank you" should be the words on the lips of all farangs today.

Will the last farang to leave please turn off the big screen at the begining of Walking Street !

Does any body realise how much this will affect their investment here in Pattaya?

How is Thailand and Pattaya suposed to get new investment in the area let alone keep the people who actually have invested most of their hard earned life savings in the country?

Polititions everywhere should take a look at what is happening here to learn just how it is possible to do just about everything WRONG!!

it wasn't long ago that some commentators were talking-up what a coup it was for pattaya and its image to snag the hosting duties for this ASEAN summit...what's that old saying...be careful for what you wish for :o

also, on the subject of road-checks...seems to be something going on on nernplubwan. about 2 kilos down from sukhumvit seems to be a police check-point of some type...lots of coppers there and also seems to be maybe a demonstration for tonite (Friday). don't know if there're reds or yellows :D

it wasn't long ago that some commentators were talking-up what a coup it was for pattaya and its image to snag the hosting duties for this ASEAN summit...what's that old saying...be careful for what you wish for :o

also, on the subject of road-checks...seems to be something going on on nernplubwan. about 2 kilos down from sukhumvit seems to be a police check-point of some type...lots of coppers there and also seems to be maybe a demonstration for tonite (Friday). don't know if there're reds or yellows :D

It would have been a real boost to the image of Pattaya had it been marketed by professionals and administered by experianced people. Every Thai and Farang living and working in Pattaya should and would have benifited from the great world publicity created by the event, however T.I.T.

This is good for a few big hotels (Thai-owned like the Royal Cliff, of course), but a small disaster for almost everyone else. Jomtien Beach is empty when it should be bursting with farang and Thai tourists spending money. More than half the shops on Thepprasit have pulled down the shutters and given up due to no-parking and one-way restrictions.

Two days ago I was talking to one of the local estate agents. He said that it had been extremely quiet so far this year, but that day one of his colleagues had an appointment with a farang who was very interested in buying a property. He took him to view it, and it took them 2 hours to get there (just a few km away) through the road blocks, one-way system, and crowds of cops on every corner. The farang decided before he even saw it that he probably wouldn't be happy in Pattaya, and thanks, but he was going to look at properties in Phuket instead.

Bang! That was the sound of Pattaya shooting itself in the foot. :o

We're just out north of Pattaya. This morning 10 am we popped into Carrefeour (central ) - no problems, pretty normal, although there were a few more coppers idling their times on the roads... Wanted to get hot x buns from the only hot x bun outlet - Villa- but decided against it as possibly be putting our lives in danger as too close to Royal Cliffr for our liking. Returned 1.30- all clear and calm... but who knows things could spill out of RC....

This is good for a few big hotels (Thai-owned like the Royal Cliff, of course), but a small disaster for almost everyone else. Jomtien Beach is empty when it should be bursting with farang and Thai tourists spending money. More than half the shops on Thepprasit have pulled down the shutters and given up due to no-parking and one-way restrictions.

Two days ago I was talking to one of the local estate agents. He said that it had been extremely quiet so far this year, but that day one of his colleagues had an appointment with a farang who was very interested in buying a property. He took him to view it, and it took them 2 hours to get there (just a few km away) through the road blocks, one-way system, and crowds of cops on every corner. The farang decided before he even saw it that he probably wouldn't be happy in Pattaya, and thanks, but he was going to look at properties in Phuket instead.

Bang! That was the sound of Pattaya shooting itself in the foot. :o

You might want to adjust that statement about the Royal Cliff! I'd imagine it's become a disaster for them.

"Thank you" should be the words on the lips of all farangs today.

Will the last farang to leave please turn off the big screen at the begining of Walking Street !

Does any body realise how much this will affect their investment here in Pattaya?

How is Thailand and Pattaya suposed to get new investment in the area let alone keep the people who actually have invested most of their hard earned life savings in the country?

Polititions everywhere should take a look at what is happening here to learn just how it is possible to do just about everything WRONG!!

Another selfish inconsiderate Farang invester that has only himself to blame, and can't see further than his nose.

If your gonna play be prepared to lose aswell as win.