Phuket To Hua Hin By Bus

Laurie

I sit possible to travel from Phuket to Hua Hin by bus? If so how long does it take? When do they leave? How much is it?

It certainly is.

It takes around 8-9 hours.

They leave Phuket town at around 4-5pm

Cost around 600 baht.

Make sure you tell the driver you want to get off at HH. The buses are bound for Bangkok and often take the bypass road and drop you off there ... 14km from town in the middle of nowhere at night.

I travelled a couple of years ago to Cha-am by bus from Phuket. It helps if you know the area.......As I had to tell the driver where to stop.

That was on one of the normal " blue " government buses, caught in the evening from the main bus station in Phuket town.

Claire.

I travelled a couple of years ago to Cha-am by bus from Phuket. It helps if you know the area.......As I had to tell the driver where to stop.

That was on one of the normal " blue " government buses, caught in the evening from the main bus station in Phuket town. It arrived in Cha-am about 05:45 am.

Claire.

I would go with the VIP buses. The difference in price is negligble.

Buses Phuket Hua Hin.

If you take a bus from Phuket to Hua Hin...it will go to Hua Hin..period.

All this asking the driver to stop as they take the bypass road and drop you off there ... 14km from town in the middle of nowhere at night. ?? Thats the direct bus to Bangkok and has no reason to make detours to Hua Hin or anywhere else for that matter.

Edited by SEAtramp

I would go with the VIP buses. The difference in price is negligble.

Buses Phuket Hua Hin.

If you take a bus from Phuket to Hua Hin...it will go to Hua Hin..period.

All this asking the driver to stop as they take the bypass road and drop you off there ... 14km from town in the middle of nowhere at night. ?? Thats the direct bus to Bangkok and has no reason to make detours to Hua Hin or anywhere else for that matter.

It does if that is your only option at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
It does if that is your only option at the time.

So your saying any bus from Phuket to Bangkok will detour to Hua Hin!

Yes, i have been on them several times.

Its not really a detour since

1) hua hin is on the way and

2) the road through hua hin and up to cha-am is actually far better than the bypass road anyway.

Nearly all the busses from the south go through hua hin, it makes no difference to the driver if he has to spend an extra 30 seconds dropping someone off.

Edited by buksida
  • Like 1