Red-shirts Battle Blue-shirts In Pattaya

george

Funny I dont see you castigating the actions of a mob who has caused damage and destruction to property, armed and dangerous, and who have caused a multi national summit to be cancelled.

Funny I didn't see you condemn the actions of the PAD when they sized several airports, armed and dangerous, caused damage to the government house, stole all the valuable property there and more.

Yup, funny. Well, not THAT funny.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny I dont see you castigating the actions of a mob who has caused damage and destruction to property, armed and dangerous, and who have caused a multi national summit to be cancelled.

They just came on TV & said they will gladly pay for the broken window.

I wonder if PAD will pay the Billions due at the airport?

As for armed & dangerous..........Have not seen it but have see the other blue/black guys causing such. Same with all the tapes showing the armed violence back at the airport.

You say double standards like a pot calling a kettle black.

There's a few of you here mssing the plot (again).

1st - Remember who started the big rally chaos, anything goes, the yellows and they too were drafted in on 200bt bribes.

After the general election the counrty voted and so beit put Takins cronnies back in power, but if that was the voice of the people then that is democracy. The yellow shirts are made up of the rich, elite royalists of this country, and they were determined to take power after the last coupe. But things didn't go their way so they have done everything they can to get into office, sacking 2 cabinets (and closing them down for 5yrs), until there was no opposition left. Notice how when they took over what should be the most secure places in the country (2 international airports) there was no battles with police or armed forces, that's cos the rich have them all in their pockets, plus the top posts are filled with family members of the rich and elite.

The reds are not all Taksin supporters (I definately ain't I think he's a theiving b@st@rd that should rot in hel_l) some just want democracy, that means a vote from every corner of the country, not just the BKK elite which is what they have right now, so the red shirts should protest and upset the apple cart.

2nd - It's already been written here that all demos have been peaceful thus far, and now the Blue shirts pop up, all reports are saying the red shirts came armed and attacked the blues, yet the 2 people shot were in red. When are you gonna start reading between the lines. The reds came armed because they knew what they were going to be up against. Why not yellow shirts? cos that would be representing the government, so just dress the old gang in new colours (simple innit!).

3rd - Who are the blue shirts, DUH!! They are police and military sent in to do it dirty style with heavy handed tactics. when it gets really bloody the government can say their hands were clean, that's why there are no heavy police/military/yellow shirt presence. Come-on, get real guys, go and wash your eyes and ears out.

BUT REMEMBER THIS - FOR THE SAKE OF DEMOCRACY THE RED SHIRTS MUST PROTEST AND OUST THE GOVERNMENT

:o Can I just extend a big 'WELL DONE' to the Red Heroes who just pulled off a great victory!! :D

yes, i agree

this is a massive moral booster for the reds

i'd like to see Abhisit talk his way out of this to the foreign media. his reputation is in shambles.

its only a matter of time before he stands down. he has shown he can't anticipate , can't lead, can't manage and can't execute.

all he can do is speak good.

My wife tells me that in most of Issan Thaksin is referred to as "Paw".

Your wife is from Isaan? And you support the reds? :o I'm shocked!

Could there be a connection?

Now be fair,,,,, at some point in life we all start thinking for ourselves..... usually its pimples first though

Violence is not good for any or either side

I am not alighned with any movement, in fact I have no bias at all except for correct political democracy and rights.

However..........

The fact remains.....the DEMOCRATICLY elected overnment was brought down by a few behind the scene string pullers manipulating a few hundred yellow people for their own greed (ends) and installed a group of "puppets" to do their bidding.....

Now that the majority of people demand a new (fairly run) election, they are in the wrong??? Note.....asking for an election not a return to the previous government ....What majority? I think the majority just wants this farce to end and get on with their lives.

If the present administration (if you can call it that) have confidence in their ability and believe they are right, why not hold an election???

The yellows were given free rein to kill and maime....and wreck the Thai economy......

The reds have been peacefull to date...only putting pressure to bear for a fair deal......why condemm the reds from acting withing their rights?

theres 60,000,000 people in Thailand, lets say 30,000,000 are voting age, that crowd at the most is 100,000, thats 0.3 of a percent of voters, Im not saying their views should be disregarded but to say they represent the majority is pure speculation, they may just have to wait for the next elections as happens in other democracies

Other democracies?

Thaksin's T.R.T. come to power - the P.A.D. call foul and have the party abolished and its members barred from office.

The P.P.P. come to power - the P.A.D. call foul, storm Suvarnabhumi Airport until the Contitutional Court (PAD) dissolves the PPP and bars its members from holding office.

"as happens in other democracies?".

Ignoring the constitutional will of the people is not democracy.

Edited by slim

Just seen the report of the abandonment of the ASEAN conference on BBC World News.

What a total farce!

Absolutely humiliating for the present Thai government.

The meeting has been postponed since December so they have had an extra 4 months to prepare and it still can't be run smoothly.

Half rate politicians, second(third?) rate police and military.

Just been talking on the phone to my family back in the UK, their view is that I am living in a banana republic, at the moment I am finding it hard to disagree.

Funny I didn't see you condemn the actions of the PAD when they sized several airports, armed and dangerous, caused damage to the government house, stole all the valuable property there and more.

But you're right, today's actions by the UDD were wrong in my opinion. Now if you can admit that the actions of the PAD were wrong and were the ones that got the "protesting-to-kick-out-the-government" started, that's a step forward :o

You are both right, but it begs the question, do you agree with the reds current actions rainman? You can't logically be against the yellows airport actions at the same time as being for the REDS summit actions.

The same goes for all you YELLOW supporters that where all for the yellows actions in the airport, and government house, but are now on here talking about how bad the reds are for ruining the summit...

It seams to me that to many expats are choosing sides and only agreeing or disagreeing with actions if it fits their "choosen" side... shame really that so many TV posters apear to display such double standards of right and wrong....

Edited by MyphuketLife

IMHO Abhisit is playing the game very intelligent not using violence yet, more and more the red's are loosing credibility with the Thai population. Because lets face facts, there is no general support from the Thai people to the red's.

I suggest you get out of Bangkok and test that theory, come up to Chiang Mai for starters and then work your way across to the North East of the country.

Taksin is still regarded with great respect in many areas outside of the capital.

JxP

Yes its called Thai Citizenship..............Whats yours?

You see, democracy in Thailand will be working like this in the future (unless things change):

1. Elections are held.

2. The new government needs to be approved by the elite (now using a front called the 'PAD')

3. If the 'PAD' don't like the government, it will be removed.

4. Elections are held again

5. (Repeat steps 2. and 3. until a government is elected that the 'PAD' approves)

And there you have a brand new, democratically elected government that the people have chosen (or that the people were forced to choose because all others were removed and banned from office).

I wonder when the Thais will realise that this is a battle between Royalists and Republicans??

Oh I think they all KNOW this very well. It's just that nobody can SAY it.

Suggest care now.....

By believing the above statement and then backing the reds you may be going against ....... well I think you know... LM is still in the rules of the land

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Henry, I think to say that there isn't general support is a very dangerous idea. Just as the yellows had a silent level of support, there is a silent level of support for the reds. Simply because people don't actively protest doesn't mean that a lot of people are dissatisfied with the antics of the army, the PAD and the Dems over the last couple of years.

I have seen and heard more discussion about the short term and long term future for Thailand amongst Thai's in the last year than in any of the previous 20 I have been here. People feel very uneasy about which way the country will go.

In my interpretation there is a feeling that if the status quo doesn't change now, the so called elites/Bangkokians/Chinese business owners will have the country to themselves just at a time when the poor believed (rightly or wrongly)they may have had a champion to further their cause in the near future. It is extremely difficult to engender loyalty to the current system when it hasn't got you any further than planting rice on rented land.

Whilst I don't believe that the ideas of the reds appeal to an overwhelming majority of Thai's, I think it appeals to more people than the ideas propagated by the PAD. As for the Dems, well they haven't had any major appeal outside their strongholds in recent years. Is this down to brainwashing or corruption or I reckon more probably that the poor outside of the South don't believe they have ever really done anything for them?

Edited - Quotes didn't work

Edited by Thai at Heart

I'm waiting for the PAD leaders to come out and say that entering government and private property is not the way to do it.

:o

the PAD have been rather quiet lately,

well, who can blame them, they have "guilty" written all over their face.

havent got a leg to stand on.

yes, but only this part.

They announced that they will block the ASEAN meeting in Pattaya, they failed. I just saw some news covering on TV that the participants of the meeting where joking on the terrace of the hotel about the pathetic attempt of the red shirts to enter the hotel.

IMHO Abhisit is playing the game very intelligent not using violence yet, more and more the red's are loosing credibility with the Thai population. Because lets face facts, there is no general support from the Thai people to the red's.

The pattaya situation will give him the opportunity to let some heads role from senior police and army officers, and maybe even a reshuffle of his cabinet.

I think he study Sun Tze very well.

Lets evaluate the situation end of next week to see if I'm correct or not.

I feel the same way you do Henry.

Waerth

I'm waiting for the PAD leaders to come out and say that entering government and private property is not the way to do it.

well, who can blame them, they have "guilty" written all over their face.havent got a leg to stand on.

Just like the guy in your avitar.

Yes its called Thai Citizenship..............Whats yours?

Spot on. I keep reading every day the idiots that post "well they're just Isaan farmers protesting" or "it's only the people from the North".

Breaking news people, it's a part of Thailand. And by writing things like that, it just shows the cultural divide in Thailand that is the very root of these problems. The ruling elite has a problem accepting that people outside of Bangkok, which are the majority, also have a right to voice their opinions. A PAD leader has even suggested a few months back revoking the voting rights of the people from Isaan. Go back and read it if you don't believe me. There was a whole discussion about that here.

If they're not a part of Thailand and have nothing to say, why not kick them out and give them their own country? Oh wait, the elite's rice export profits depend on them.

But Thai is Thai, whatever their skin color, whatever their ethnicity.

These people want to be heard and have something to say. By denying them that, they will dig themselves a much deeper hole now.

The PAD have been quite critical of the military and coup makers recently which is interesting.

well, who can blame them, they have "guilty" written all over their face.havent got a leg to stand on.

guilty or not, the guy in my avatar won this round, so did democracy.

yes, but only this part.

They announced that they will block the ASEAN meeting in Pattaya, they failed. I just saw some news covering on TV that the participants of the meeting where joking on the terrace of the hotel about the pathetic attempt of the red shirts to enter the hotel.

The pattaya situation will give him the opportunity to let some heads role from senior police and army officers, and maybe even a reshuffle of his cabinet.

I think he study Sun Tze very well.

Lets evaluate the situation end of next week to see if I'm correct or not.

I feel the same way you do Henry.

Waerth

Ahhh So Its much easier to sell something to sombody who already wants, then to have a product and convince them first that they want....

Democracy is not about winers and losers, and if you think this is a victory for democracy then you are pretty blind.

The PAD have been quite critical of the military and coup makers recently which is interesting.

Rumour has it , they got very little in return for their efforts.

"They are not amused" and also maybe not convinced how this will swing.

Hence protect their backs seems like a good option.

The only thing he's won is a free pass to bangkok hilton. People seem to forget he is in fact a criminal... the people that voted democratically the government and now rally in red shirts are the same - uneducated and paid by taksin to vote and rally the streets - now that's democracy at it's best!!!